Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #2086
DawnM
Dawn

Parking on the day of the class.

When we did the YES tickets through the homeschool group, we received free parking for the days we were actually IN classes. Is this true for the YES Individual program as well?
Thanks

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #2087
coachb
Mouseketeer

I had to pay for parking when I went to the Animation class in DS. A coworker, however, didn't have to pay at MK for her class. Apparently it was so early they weren't manning the booths yet.
coachb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #2088
DawnM
Dawn

Last time we just had to show our print out of the class and being a chaperone, so that is why I am asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachb View Post
I had to pay for parking when I went to the Animation class in DS. A coworker, however, didn't have to pay at MK for her class. Apparently it was so early they weren't manning the booths yet.

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #2089
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
Do we have to have all adults with us when we pick up the tickets? I wouldn't think so and I hope not. We arrive Friday night but DH doesn't arrive until Monday.
I was the only one listed as a chaperone so I picked them up without my husband with no issues. I think you'll be fine.
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #2090
Cierese
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Do we have to have all adults with us when we pick up the tickets? I wouldn't think so and I hope not. We arrive Friday night but DH doesn't arrive until Monday.

Last time I picked up our tickets with half our family still on the road hours away. My name was one of the adults listed but none of the other adults were with me when I picked up the tickets. They did ask to see my paperwork and an ID (if I remember correctly).

October 2015 - TBA
June 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Caribbean Beach Resort!
Oct 2013 - Old Key West and POP!
July 2011 OKW - Big Family Vacation
Nov 2009 All Stars Music - Thanksgiving!
Sep 2004 Off Site -- Jun 2004 Off Site
July 2003 Off Site OIF Welcome Home Trip
Apr 1995 Don't Remember - Magic Music Days -Yes, I was a band geek!!!
Cierese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #2091
2mickeys1minnie
we've turned into that same crazy croc family.....Oh well!!

This is great info! My DS12 will love this. Just curious....what happens if they cancel a class and you've already purchased your discounted tickets? Do they try to fit you into another class? We are planning on going in June or August 2013. Thanks.
2mickeys1minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #2092
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
I was the only one listed as a chaperone so I picked them up without my husband with no issues. I think you'll be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierese View Post
Last time I picked up our tickets with half our family still on the road hours away. My name was one of the adults listed but none of the other adults were with me when I picked up the tickets. They did ask to see my paperwork and an ID (if I remember correctly).
Thanks! I didn't think it would be a problem but I just wanted to make sure.

I'm getting so excited for a our trip/class! We've done our itinerary and I think that we are actually going to use every park day and plus option on our passes!!!
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #2093
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Thanks! I didn't think it would be a problem but I just wanted to make sure.

I'm getting so excited for a our trip/class! We've done our itinerary and I think that we are actually going to use every park day and plus option on our passes!!!

We're getting excited too. We had an extra park day but now that AK changed 2 nights to 8 pm closings, I think we'll use the last day. We're also planning two water park days, one at each.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #2094
bubbie11
Mouseketeer

Hello all

Quick question. I see that on the YES website there are programs for December but only in DisneyLAND. Does anyone know if they will be available at The World?

TIA!

Mom to *5* blessings

bubbie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #2095
Mirax
Mouseketeer

Sorry No classes at WDW in November, December, and the months during the spring (including the last 2 weeks in February).
Mirax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #2096
bubbie11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirax View Post
Sorry No classes at WDW in November, December, and the months during the spring (including the last 2 weeks in February).
So sad to hear that. Thank you for LMK!

Mom to *5* blessings

bubbie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #2097
dja14
Earning My Ears

We homeschool but can't make homeschool days next year (we can only go the first 2 weeks of sept and I see they are usually later than that) BUT then I saw the individual yes program My kids are so excited they can at least take a class.

I emailed a question in to the yes info place but just got a copied answer which still doesn't answer my question. I wanted to know if I buy the 8 day yes ticket with park hopper and water park option, do we get 8 park days and 5 additional days at the water park options or is it just 8 days total?

2nd question How fast do the classes go? Is this like CRT, be ready at 6am, call on four phones kind of thing? Or can I just call in a few days after the times are posted

Thank you for your help
dja14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #2098
Honor
Earning My Ears

Transportation Suggestions

We are taking 7 Little Brothers (from Big Bros Big Sisters), all age 11, to Disney next month. We are all staying in a Treehouse. And for Magic Kingdom day, we are taking The American Story tour, meeting at TTC at 7:15 AM. [After we figure out this transportation question, I will try to come up with a plan to get 7 6th grade boys up, fed, washed, dressed and out the door to make it to TTC by 7:15 AM.]

We have to arrange our own transportation from SSR THV to TTC to get there by 7:15 AM. Any suggestions? I have not yet called any car service or taxi service yet. Just wondering what other's experiences have been. Disney busses don't run that early in the morning said the YES program. And we are taking Magical Express from the airport to the resort.
Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:10 AM   #2099
julirina
Close your mouth, Michael. We are not a codfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor
We have to arrange our own transportation from SSR THV to TTC to get there by 7:15 AM. Any suggestions? I have not yet called any car service or taxi service yet. Just wondering what other's experiences have been. Disney busses don't run that early in the morning said the YES program. And we are taking Magical Express from the airport to the resort.
I strongly suggest posting your question on the Transportation board. They are super knowledgeable about how to get from place to place at odd times of day! Good luck -- your trip with all those Little Brothers sounds both challenging and rewarding.

julirina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:07 AM   #2100
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja14
We homeschool but can't make homeschool days next year (we can only go the first 2 weeks of sept and I see they are usually later than that) BUT then I saw the individual yes program My kids are so excited they can at least take a class.

I emailed a question in to the yes info place but just got a copied answer which still doesn't answer my question. I wanted to know if I buy the 8 day yes ticket with park hopper and water park option, do we get 8 park days and 5 additional days at the water park options or is it just 8 days total?

2nd question How fast do the classes go? Is this like CRT, be ready at 6am, call on four phones kind of thing? Or can I just call in a few days after the times are posted

Thank you for your help
1st question - your 8 day pass will have 8 park days; the days for water parks & more are in addition to those 8 days.

2nd question - some of the classes can go fast but not like CRT. The release date of the classes isn't typically known so you have to keep checking. Plus it seems they often add additional classes as time goes on. (If you pay attention to this board/thread you will be able to figure out pretty quickly when the schedule has opened up.)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: