Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #181
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

I know the tickets are nonrefundable, but are they nonchangeable if you can't go and need to switch your dates?
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #182
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

oops!

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)

Last edited by Aliceacc; 02-02-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: sorry, duplicate post
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #183
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
Just wondering why you're getting 8 day YES tix if you're only staying a week, Aliceacc? You may already know this, but you can only use 1 tix per day and can't use 2 separate tix if going to 2 separate parks in one day..... Not trying to butt into your business at all. Just wanted you to know (in case you already didn't).
Thanks for the warnng.

No, this is our third trip down in 5 years-- we're well aware of the rules. We're getting 8 day parkhoppers.

As someone else mentioned, we're planning to do the parks on both our arrival and departure days. Our first flight leaves JFK at 7 am; our return flight leaves MCO at about 7 pm. For us, a 7 night trip is a full 8 day trip.

In fact, we were leaving WDW in 2008 on the day Tropical Storm Faye was due to arrive. No exxageration: it was our BEST day-- the parks were totally empty. We walked right onto every ride in the park. I was SO glad we had park tickets for that day!!!

The extra day costs next to nothing, and is so very worth it! We check out of the resort, leave our stuff with Bell Services at the resort, and hit the parks one last time.

But I do appreciate the heads up!

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #184
Arabelle
Mouseketeer

Guessed right....I win!
Arabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #185
Arabelle
Mouseketeer

Last edited by Arabelle; 02-02-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #186
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabelle View Post
Guessed right....I win!
You get the prize:

(Was s'posed to look like I was making a cake for you, but it seems to have been lost in the translation!)
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #187
julirina
Close your mouth, Michael. We are not a codfish.

I know y'all are waiting on pins and needles for registration to open up, and I understand that. But I have to confess, I'm really glad my dates aren't open yet! I won't have the $$$ to pay for them for several weeks, so the longer it goes without new dates opening up, the less I have to worry about classes filling before I can register.

I'm still anxiously waiting............but only because I can't commit to anything yet and I'm afraid I'm going to miss out!

julirina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #188
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julirina View Post
I know y'all are waiting on pins and needles for registration to open up, and I understand that. But I have to confess, I'm really glad my dates aren't open yet! I won't have the $$$ to pay for them for several weeks, so the longer it goes without new dates opening up, the less I have to worry about classes filling before I can register.

I'm still anxiously waiting............but only because I can't commit to anything yet and I'm afraid I'm going to miss out!
Me too!!!! I don't want to buy the park tickets until I know I have the airfare at the rate I want. I am waiting for airmiles to post and don't want to buy the airline tickets yet..I don't want to buy the yes tickets until I have airfare and am sure of the dates....so I am glad they are taking their time too!!! Disney - feel free to hold off another few weeks!
talulabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #189
Arabelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
You get the prize:

(Was s'posed to look like I was making a cake for you, but it seems to have been lost in the translation!)
Hahaha! Thank you!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #190
verlee
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any advice?.... I am new to YES tickets having never used them. I am hoping to try them out this summer. I know they are always offered in Spring (that is when we usually go) Are they offered in August, specifically at the end of August?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #191
tzolkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by verlee View Post
Does anyone have any advice?.... I am new to YES tickets having never used them. I am hoping to try them out this summer. I know they are always offered in Spring (that is when we usually go) Are they offered in August, specifically at the end of August?
If you go to the Disney YES Individual Enrollment website they have all the summer dates/classes posted, but they are not open for you to register yet.

FYI: YES classes are offered Jan-Feb and then June-Oct
tzolkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #192
verlee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzolkin View Post
If you go to the Disney YES Individual Enrollment website they have all the summer dates/classes posted, but they are not open for you to register yet.

FYI: YES classes are offered Jan-Feb and then June-Oct
I found it thank you! I had the spring classes enrollment page book marked but it was only showing classes offered through Feb.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #193
tinkerbell423
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torinsmom View Post
My DS(16) and his cousins(12 and 15) did Ocean Discoveries this summer ad they thought it was boring. Of course, the class was for 8-15 year olds, so I imagine it had to be tailored for the younger kids in the group. They were in the aquarium the whole time, and they would have preferred a class where they rode at last one ride or were out and about in the park. It was the only one during our week there though, so they just dealt with it.

This year, we are hoping for Properties of Motion or Dynamics of Technology.
That's disappointing. From the description it looks like there is a focus on Sea turtles and DD really likes them. From my stand point being inside in airconditioning would be nice
Are there any other programs you can suggest? Our group's ages range from 8-14
tinkerbell423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #194
EMHDad
DIS Veteran

Major Question!!

I just called the Y.E.S. program. I wanted to see if they might be more specific about when the June classes would open. (long shot, but wanted to try).

I was told that classes would open two months out. That's April!!

Basically just told 5 minutes ago that classes wont open for registration for another 2-3 months.

I was under the impression it would happen sometime in Feb.

Any thoughts?

Check it out. Leave A Comment. Hope it helps you to have a Magical Day!

*7/2009 - Offsite 7 Day Disney Vacation: First Family Disney Vacation (DS3yo, DW 8 months pregnant)
*9/2010 - Offsite 3 Day Disney Vacation (DS4yo, DS1yo)
*10/2011 - MNSSHP: One night of Disney (DS5yo, DS2yo)
*6/2012 - Offsite 8 Day Disney Vacation (DS5yo, DS2yo)

EMHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #195
chellewashere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMHDad View Post
Major Question!!

I just called the Y.E.S. program. I wanted to see if they might be more specific about when the June classes would open. (long shot, but wanted to try).

I was told that classes would open two months out. That's April!!

Basically just told 5 minutes ago that classes wont open for registration for another 2-3 months.

I was under the impression it would happen sometime in Feb.

Any thoughts?
I have no clue..they have been showing the registration coming soon for awhile now and last year I bought mine for August in Jan so its basically anyone's guess. I am hoping soon cause I have the money now and with my luck something will happen between now and April and I will need to use the money Rather get tickets then new tires

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: