Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #166
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
As I understand it, Disney will only insure a package. And YES tickets preclude a Magic Your Way package. (though I wish it were possible to get YES tickets and the meal plan!!!!)

So, on the recommendation of mousesavers, I went to www.accessamerica.com . I have the paperwork somewhere, but I think I went with their basic plan.

For $74 I insured something like $2300 in nonrefundable expenses. They insure the kids for free, which is a nice perk.

I'm really, really not planning to cancel. But emergencies don't pay attention to plans, so I booked the insurance the same day I booked the flights.
Thank you!
talulabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #167
CarpeLiberum
Where are we going, and what's with the handbasket?

Quote:
As I understand it, Disney will only insure a package. And YES tickets preclude a Magic Your Way package. (though I wish it were possible to get YES tickets and the meal plan!!!!)
Can't you get the meal plan by buying 1-day(or 2 day with free dining) base tickets? That's my(potential)plan, depending on what's offered in the time we're going, and then getting the tix separated from our KTTW card and saving them for later.
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #168
DisneyEater
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeLiberum View Post
Can't you get the meal plan by buying 1-day(or 2 day with free dining) base tickets? That's my(potential)plan, depending on what's offered in the time we're going, and then getting the tix separated from our KTTW card and saving them for later.
I think if you buy any sort of package you can get the dining plan so a 1 day ticket would work. Also if you book your room by renting or using DVC points you can add the dining plan. You can rent DVC points in September from a broker at OKW for $130 a night.
DisneyEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #169
disneyjunkie
I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeLiberum View Post
We have the dining plan booked with a 1 day base ticket for each of us.

If I'm able to get one of the girls into a YES class, I'll purchase the rest of tickets from YES.

If not, I'll add the rest of the tickets to our package.
disneyjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #170
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but isn't that a whole lot more expensive?

A one day base ticket is something like $90, isn't it? Times 5 people, and it's costing me $450 PLUS the price of the DDP to get the meal plan?

Obviously I'm missing something-- what is it?

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #171
chellewashere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't have the numbers in front of me, but isn't that a whole lot more expensive?

A one day base ticket is something like $90, isn't it? Times 5 people, and it's costing me $450 PLUS the price of the DDP to get the meal plan?

Obviously I'm missing something-- what is it?
No. From what I understand if you want to have the dining plan you have to purchase a minimum of 2 day base ticket. Then you get your Yes tickets and have the 2 days removed from your KTTW tickets and use them at a later date (or apply them to your tickets if you want to stay longer than the 8 days) then you get the dining meal applied to your room for length of stay for free--if they are offering the free dining promotion.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #172
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

OK--THAT'S what I'm missing.

We don't get to WDW on any sort of a regular basis. Who knows when that "later date" would be? We're going for a week, and getting 8 day YES tickets.

Free dining, if it happens in August, happens too late in the month for us; we're both teachers and need to be back at least a week and a half before Labor Day.

I'm glad it works for you guys, but it simply wouldn't work for us.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #173
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Guess what?

we're still all waiting!!!

Old 02-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #174
Aunt Stepody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh0726 View Post
Guess what?

All I saw at first was your "Guess what...."

My goodness, you got me good. Between watching for this Yes program sale and watching for the Fedex guy to deliver my One More Disney Day Trip, I am about to have a heart attack.

Geez...I need a Disney trip to relieve all this stress.
Aunt Stepody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #175
dgr1973
DIS Veteran

All this waiting is making me crazy! I check everyday even though when I called they said end of April the June registration would begin
dgr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #176
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh0726 View Post
Guess what?

Okay Clown Princess,
You really had me going for a minute there!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #177
chellewashere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Stepody View Post
All I saw at first was your "Guess what...."

My goodness, you got me good. Between watching for this Yes program sale and watching for the Fedex guy to deliver my One More Disney Day Trip, I am about to have a heart attack.

Geez...I need a Disney trip to relieve all this stress.
I had the fedex guy here stop 3 times in the past 2 days...each time I got all bouncy just to realize nope

Booked my reservations today to stay at AK villas...so excited have never dreamed of staying deluxe in my life. Now just need to get the tickets before this money I have been saving burns a hole in my DD's pocket
Old 02-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #178
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK--THAT'S what I'm missing.

We don't get to WDW on any sort of a regular basis. Who knows when that "later date" would be? We're going for a week, and getting 8 day YES tickets.

Free dining, if it happens in August, happens too late in the month for us; we're both teachers and need to be back at least a week and a half before Labor Day.

I'm glad it works for you guys, but it simply wouldn't work for us.
Just wondering why you're getting 8 day YES tix if you're only staying a week, Aliceacc? You may already know this, but you can only use 1 tix per day and can't use 2 separate tix if going to 2 separate parks in one day..... Not trying to butt into your business at all. Just wanted you to know (in case you already didn't).
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #179
Arabelle
Mouseketeer

8 days for the day arrive and day departing? Lol, bored and just guessing.
Arabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #180
Jennny
Earning My Ears

We are attending the "How things move" class on February 14th at MK.....anyone else going to this one???

I haven't received any sort of confirmation email (aside from when I originally booked the class and purchased tickets)
Someone mentioned in a post above that they usually send the email one week before the class, so I will try to wait patiently

I was wondering, if I go to Downtown Disney to pick up our tickets the first day we get in (we wont be attending the class until three days after we arrive) can I just go and pick them up myself (the tickets were ordered under my name and we are staying off site) or do I have to have my husband, son and daughter with me?? I read people mentioned they have to be signed (I guess as best as a 5 and 6 yr old can, right?) but I didnt know if it had to be signed in the presence of the person handing us over the tickets.

Thanks! Looking forward to our vacation in 9 days!!
Jen

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: