Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #151
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorethegreat View Post
Our dates had to change and the week we could now go only has classes for my younger kids. WEll actually there are two classes for my older two but they aren't interested in the animation or photography. so it looks like we won't be going to WDW after all. And still here I am checking into this thread. Is that sad or what???!!??
I could be very wrong, but isn't one child in a class enough to get tickets for the siblings?

And if taking a single three hour class was going to make the difference between going to Disney and not going, it would be a no brainer for my kids, regardless of the level of interest in the class.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:18 PM   #152
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talulabelle View Post
Yeah, even if one child in the family is taking the class - you can get YES tickets for the whole family. And I agree - if a class on cartoons was what stood between my kids and Disney - they would be all for it. And even if they hated Disney, and all that kept ME from Disney was my kid taking a 3 hr. class on cartoons - I would make sure to make it worth their while to get interested in a 3 hr. class on cartoons.
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2012, 07:26 PM   #153
disneyjunkie
I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
And if taking a single three hour class was going to make the difference between going to Disney and not going, it would be a no brainer for my kids, regardless of the level of interest in the class.

Sometimes you have to take one for the team
disneyjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #154
chellewashere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been waiting for July classes to open. Does anyone know if the tickets are refundable if for some reason you can't make the trip? We are definately planning on going, but buying tickets this far in advance makes me nervous...never know what can happen between now and then. Also, can you pay for the tickets with Disney gift cards?
From what my confirmation said last year they are non-refundable and non-transferable. You cannot pay with gift cards for them.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #155
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I could be very wrong, but isn't one child in a class enough to get tickets for the siblings?

Yeah, even if one child in the family is taking the class - you can get YES tickets for the whole family. And I agree - if a class on cartoons was what stood between my kids and Disney - they would be all for it. And even if they hated Disney, and all that kept ME from Disney was my kid taking a 3 hr. class on cartoons - I would make sure to make it worth their while to get interested in a 3 hr. class on cartoons.
talulabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #156
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

I have been waiting for July classes to open. Does anyone know if the tickets are refundable if for some reason you can't make the trip? We are definately planning on going, but buying tickets this far in advance makes me nervous...never know what can happen between now and then. Also, can you pay for the tickets with Disney gift cards?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:10 PM   #157
tinkerbell423
Mouseketeer

We are doing a YES program at the end of Aug. We've done 4 others, three were really fun and 1 was a little less interesting. This time we are thinking of doing the Ocean Discoveries class. Does anyone have any experience with this class? I'd love to hear any feedback positive or negative. It looks like the kids will enjoy it but I wanted to get some feedback to make sure. I don't want a repeat of last year.
tinkerbell423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #158
tzolkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell423 View Post
We are doing a YES program at the end of Aug. We've done 4 others, three were really fun and 1 was a little less interesting. This time we are thinking of doing the Ocean Discoveries class. Does anyone have any experience with this class? I'd love to hear any feedback positive or negative. It looks like the kids will enjoy it but I wanted to get some feedback to make sure. I don't want a repeat of last year.
What were the classes you enjoyed?

We will be there over a span of two weeks, so there are several options my girls could do (although the "How Things Move" class is the only one for which my DS meets the age requirement)
tzolkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:56 PM   #159
Aliceacc

Quote:
Since both my flights and my YES tickets will be non-refundable, I got trip insurance to cover both.

I can eat the $300 or so for one night at the Beach Club. But I'm not going without insurance for $1300 in airfare and $1000 in park tickets.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Old 01-31-2012, 11:46 PM   #160
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since both my flights and my YES tickets will be non-refundable, I got trip insurance to cover both.

I can eat the $300 or so for one night at the Beach Club. But I'm not going without insurance for $1300 in airfare and $1000 in park tickets.
Do you mind if I ask where you got the insurance? I have done trip insurance when I booked through Disney before, but does Disney offer it for the YES program tickets too? What does it run?
Old 02-01-2012, 05:50 AM   #161
Aliceacc

Quote:
Do you mind if I ask where you got the insurance? I have done trip insurance when I booked through Disney before, but does Disney offer it for the YES program tickets too? What does it run?
As I understand it, Disney will only insure a package. And YES tickets preclude a Magic Your Way package. (though I wish it were possible to get YES tickets and the meal plan!!!!)

So, on the recommendation of mousesavers, I went to www.accessamerica.com . I have the paperwork somewhere, but I think I went with their basic plan.

For $74 I insured something like $2300 in nonrefundable expenses. They insure the kids for free, which is a nice perk.

I'm really, really not planning to cancel. But emergencies don't pay attention to plans, so I booked the insurance the same day I booked the flights.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #162
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell423 View Post
My DS(16) and his cousins(12 and 15) did Ocean Discoveries this summer ad they thought it was boring. Of course, the class was for 8-15 year olds, so I imagine it had to be tailored for the younger kids in the group. They were in the aquarium the whole time, and they would have preferred a class where they rode at last one ride or were out and about in the park. It was the only one during our week there though, so they just dealt with it.

This year, we are hoping for Properties of Motion or Dynamics of Technology.
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #163
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Two questions:
1. Do the tickets have dates on them? I'm trying to understand why people are insuring the tickets.

2. Has anyone taken the art of animation class and how was it?
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #164
tinkerbell423
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzolkin View Post
What were the classes you enjoyed?

We will be there over a span of two weeks, so there are several options my girls could do (although the "How Things Move" class is the only one for which my DS meets the age requirement)
We enjoyed:
Wild by nature
Properties of Motion
How things move

We found The American story to be boring. There were some interesting parts but for the most part it tried to te too many time periods into one class annd didn't cover any in depth. Also it had too many facts so early in the AM!! LOL
tinkerbell423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #165
Arabelle
Mouseketeer

The tickets are only for the dates of class/vacation time. They are also unrefundable or transferable. So if your vacation is cancelled, you are out of luck.

Eta: we lived the American story, so it depends on interests.
Arabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: