Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #1531
PatchPixie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
There is a Making Waves class on Oct. 15th but no Synergy of Science class listed for that date. The only Synergy in Science classes listed around that time frame are on Oct 10 & 26th. (My boys would be interested in taking the Science class but it isn't offered during our dates - Oct 12-20.)
The registration form must be wonky - because we are definitely registered for that date. I noticed it when browsing the classes, too. It doesn't show up initially, but after you enter your arrival/departure dates it does show up....

I am SO excited!! And I can't tell anybody....except my DISers

Always missing the mouse...
Several childhood trips
Saratoga Springs: December 2007
Wilderness Lodge: December 2011
Dolphin/AoA LM: October 2012
Planning for December 2014!!

PatchPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #1532
arihillfarm
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if Disney typically offers YES classes the week after Thanksgiving? Trying to plan a trip for next year.

Thank you!
-Astrid
arihillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #1533
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchPixie View Post
The registration form must be wonky - because we are definitely registered for that date. I noticed it when browsing the classes, too. It doesn't show up initially, but after you enter your arrival/departure dates it does show up....

I am SO excited!! And I can't tell anybody....except my DISers
DS#2 wants to do the class so I am going to call tomorrow and try to add the class to our itinerary We had planned on doing Epcot that day anyway so DH & DS#1 can just meet us over there!
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #1534
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arihillfarm View Post
Does anyone know if Disney typically offers YES classes the week after Thanksgiving? Trying to plan a trip for next year.

Thank you!
-Astrid
Historically, the classes have been offered January-February, and June-October.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #1535
lalijack
Will work for tags
Too bad there isn't a place to study the Tag Fairies in their natural habitat, eh?

Hi everyone! My son and daughter are signed up for classes on the 23rd and 24th of this month. I received my son's confirmation yesterday for his class on 7/23, but have not yet received the email confirmation for my DD's class on 7/24 (Captivating Moments). Has anyone else received their confirmation for that class? I am getting worried that maybe the class was cancelled, which would be awful, since she and I are so looking forward to the class.

Anyone got any news on that class?

Me DH DS14 DD12
lalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #1536
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalijack View Post
Hi everyone! My son and daughter are signed up for classes on the 23rd and 24th of this month. I received my son's confirmation yesterday for his class on 7/23, but have not yet received the email confirmation for my DD's class on 7/24 (Captivating Moments). Has anyone else received their confirmation for that class? I am getting worried that maybe the class was cancelled, which would be awful, since she and I are so looking forward to the class.

Anyone got any news on that class?
I'm so glad I checked this thread. I signed up my DS and DD for the 7/24 Captivating Moments. A few days ago I got the confirmation for DS, but DD's name was not on it. Still have not received one for her. I even double-checked my registration confirmation that I received immediately after signing them up, and both kids names are on it. I guess I better call...

2014-June, Windsor Hills pool home and HRH; 2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR; May: CBR; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ
Lucky'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #1537
PatchPixie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
DS#2 wants to do the class so I am going to call tomorrow and try to add the class to our itinerary We had planned on doing Epcot that day anyway so DH & DS#1 can just meet us over there!
Nice! I hope your son gets to take it! How old is he? My husband would be happy to learn that other Steeler fans are in the group I'll be hanging with my younger daughter at Epcot that morning, too

Always missing the mouse...
Several childhood trips
Saratoga Springs: December 2007
Wilderness Lodge: December 2011
Dolphin/AoA LM: October 2012
Planning for December 2014!!

PatchPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #1538
lalijack
Will work for tags
Too bad there isn't a place to study the Tag Fairies in their natural habitat, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky'sMom View Post
I'm so glad I checked this thread. I signed up my DS and DD for the 7/24 Captivating Moments. A few days ago I got the confirmation for DS, but DD's name was not on it. Still have not received one for her. I even double-checked my registration confirmation that I received immediately after signing them up, and both kids names are on it. I guess I better call...
Hmmm......I'm going to call in the morning. I'll post to let you know what I find out.

Me DH DS14 DD12
lalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #1539
cburnett11
Earning My Ears

My 17 yr old daughter will be attending a 715am class at MK. We must drop her off at the Ttc but then we can't enter park ourselves until rope drop... Or at least that's my understanding. Has anyone had a class this early? If so, what did the others do while the kids attended the class? Is it possible to get/keep the kid's tickets so you could secure a fastpass for them (to be used after class) while they are still in their class? Just trying to figure out some possibilities...
cburnett11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #1540
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburnett11 View Post
My 17 yr old daughter will be attending a 715am class at MK. We must drop her off at the Ttc but then we can't enter park ourselves until rope drop... Or at least that's my understanding. Has anyone had a class this early? If so, what did the others do while the kids attended the class? Is it possible to get/keep the kid's tickets so you could secure a fastpass for them (to be used after class) while they are still in their class? Just trying to figure out some possibilities...
You could make a breakfast ADR nearby -- 'Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey's for characters, or Kona Cafe, Whispering Canyon, The Wave, or Grand Floridian Cafe if you don't want characters.

If you wanted to hold onto her ticket, you'd probably have to follow the class to the park and get it from her after she went through the turnstiles. I'm not sure if that would be disruptive to the class or not. You could always ask the instructor when you signed her in, but then you wouldn't have an answer in advance.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:55 AM   #1541
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
We are all registered but they didn't have the photography class available when we signed up. Now I would like to add that class (and pay for it) for my son. Has anyone been able to do that? Thanks
Ok, just answering my own question. I was able to reach Dave, fabulous Dave! He was happy to enroll both my son and myself in the Captivating Images class. He was going to charge $28 for each of us, but when I told him that I wasn't going to the Energy class, he unenrolled me from that one so we only had to pay one $28 fee. Woo Hoo! I love being a chaperone and getting to tag along on this class. Hope my 16 year old won't be too embarrased!
Old 07-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #1542
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburnett11 View Post
We did a class at 7:15 Monday. We dropped the boys off at the TTC, then took the resort monorail over. We had an 8:20 reservation at Crystal Palace and were able to get in at 7:45. We waited for the group(s) to come over and then stood by the turnsyle when they went through to get their tickets. We just made sure the fastpasses we got would be good when they got out of the class.
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #1543
123Dis4Me
Mouseketeer

take resort bus for 8:30 epcot class?

Hello everyone! We are heading down in a few weeks for the YES program class offered at Epcot. Classes meet at 8:30 am in front of the flagpole at Epcot. Do the resort buses run early to accommodate character breakfast at Epcot? I would prefer to not take a taxi if possible but I will if it will get me there on time!
123Dis4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #1544
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchPixie View Post
Nice! I hope your son gets to take it! How old is he? My husband would be happy to learn that other Steeler fans are in the group I'll be hanging with my younger daughter at Epcot that morning, too
DS#2 is 10. He is so excited about this class! I called this morning and spoke with Dave (super nice guy!) and was able to add myself and DS#2 to the class on the 15th. We will see your DH & DS there (maybe even you and your DD too if you make it over!)

For anyone who is interested in next summer, I asked Dave about classes for next June and he said that the summer schedule should go live in mid-late February
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #1545
friend2Figment
Mouseketeer

Now that 2013 rates have been published we are trying to set our dates and get things rolling. I really want to kids to be able to take a YES class our next trip so we are looking at October 2013.
When I printed the class catalog in January for this year it had Registration cooming soon for the Oct classes. Does anyone know when I should be ready to sign my kids up? I really do not want to miss out on enrolling them is trip.
friend2Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: