Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #1486
sherabby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minerva78 View Post
I know others have mentioned that they were able to register for the summer YES classes at the beginning of February, but when were the class schedules actually available for you to SEE? I'm assuming they had the schedule listed before the registration opened because I think others earlier in the thread had classes in mind before they could register. We're planning a visit for next July - along with extended family - and I may need to plan our visit around when classes will be available. Ideally I would like to reserve a rental home as soon as I know when some classes will be scheduled and just hope I can register our kids on the first day registration opens. My kids will be 5 and 6 so our options for classes will be more limited than our other family who will have kids in the 8 - 14 year old range. I'm going to have to decide if I should wait to book a rental or take the chance for the 2nd week in July, when it looks like a lot of classes were scheduled this year. If anyone can remember how far in advance you were aware of this year's schedule, that would be helpful. Thanks!
My receipt says Feb 24th for August 14th
Old 07-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #1487
disneymom06
DIS Veteran

Just a note, I picked up my YES tickets today and for the 8day PH premium, I was also told that my water park options would include miniature golf before 4pm. For us a nice change because we will never go to the WP and DQ 8 times.
disneymom06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 06:05 AM   #1488
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

I don't remember the classes and dates being viewable for very long before I bought tickets, but I know I bought tickets on February 7th for our class tomorrow. I think that was the first day they opened registration.
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #1489
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Does anyone recall how early in June these classes were offered for individual enrollment? I looked on the website for this year and the first one listed is for June 27th. We are hoping to travel from 6/13-6/23 next year and I was hoping to get my kids enrolled in one of these classes. Is that too early in June? (I apologize if this has already been discussed in the last 100 pages, but whew, that's a lot ot read!)
Old 07-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #1490
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Mom View Post
Looking to do World of Physics: Properties of Motion on Sept. 7th with DD12. That class looks great! Anyone else there for that one?
I remember seeing two age groups for that class.
I will be attending with my 10 yr old daughter that day.
Maybe they'll be in the same group?

Disney Dream - 1/12/14- 4-night Bahamian
Disney Dream - 9/26/13- 3-night Bahamian
JayhawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #1491
kaylee1006
Earning My Ears

I bought our YES tickets last month but now we are wanting to add the water park option. Is it too late?
kaylee1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #1492
dreaming4disney
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to share.... my kids, DD15, DS14, DS12 just completed the July 2nd Marine Biology class. My husband took them. they all liked the class and found it informative. They did say it was a little slow at the end as in maybe they could have shaved off 1/2 hour and it would have been the right amount of time.
it ran 8:30-11:30.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #1493
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
Does anyone recall how early in June these classes were offered for individual enrollment? I looked on the website for this year and the first one listed is for June 27th. We are hoping to travel from 6/13-6/23 next year and I was hoping to get my kids enrolled in one of these classes. Is that too early in June? (I apologize if this has already been discussed in the last 100 pages, but whew, that's a lot ot read!)
My sons and DH attended the How Things Move class last month on June 18th. I know there were a few other classes offered before that date.

Upcoming Trips:
Polynesian ~ August 1-August 4, 2014 (Just me and DH )
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern Cruise ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #1494
MelaBella
Mouseketeer

I am planning to purchase the Homeschool Days tickets for this coming October. However, I am not sure if I will need 3 or 4 tickets. It depends on the AP room discount percentage for that time period, which probably will not be released until mid-August.

Does anyone with experience purchasing the Homeschool tickets think that it will be a problem to wait until mid-August to purchase them? We will not be doing any of the extra classes, so that is not a concern.

MelaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #1495
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disny_luvr View Post
My sons and DH attended the How Things Move class last month on June 18th. I know there were a few other classes offered before that date.
Good to know. Thanks!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #1496
Nature Mom
I didn't survive Cancer to die of stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelaBella View Post
I am planning to purchase the Homeschool Days tickets for this coming October. However, I am not sure if I will need 3 or 4 tickets. It depends on the AP room discount percentage for that time period, which probably will not be released until mid-August.

Does anyone with experience purchasing the Homeschool tickets think that it will be a problem to wait until mid-August to purchase them? We will not be doing any of the extra classes, so that is not a concern.
I think you will be fine in August. I got ours at the end of July last year and know many people that got their tickets only about a month or so beforehand, so I don't think you have as much to worry about that selling out as you do the classes. We'll be there, too! I will wave!!!

Nature Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #1497
Nature Mom
I didn't survive Cancer to die of stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkFans View Post
I remember seeing two age groups for that class.
I will be attending with my 10 yr old daughter that day.
Maybe they'll be in the same group?
We will all meet probably at the same place and time, but my DD is excited she has graduated to the 'older' kids this year. That class had 8-11 age group and 12 - 17, I believe. I have read some great reports on this class so we are really looking forward to it!

Nature Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #1498
tzolkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by torinsmom View Post
I don't remember the classes and dates being viewable for very long before I bought tickets, but I know I bought tickets on February 7th for our class tomorrow. I think that was the first day they opened registration.
I also think the classes were posted only 2 or 3 weeks prior to registration opening. Because I printed out the classes and went through them with DH and the kids to find out which days would work for both my teen and younger kids.

I just checked through my emails and I have one from one of the YES CMs from January 10th, so I know it was after that. But before Febrary 7th (which was definitely the first day of registration)
tzolkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #1499
tzolkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylee1006 View Post
I bought our YES tickets last month but now we are wanting to add the water park option. Is it too late?
Several people have reported being able to make changes over the phone. How far away is your trip?
tzolkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #1500
minerva78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzolkin View Post
I also think the classes were posted only 2 or 3 weeks prior to registration opening. Because I printed out the classes and went through them with DH and the kids to find out which days would work for both my teen and younger kids.

I just checked through my emails and I have one from one of the YES CMs from January 10th, so I know it was after that. But before Febrary 7th (which was definitely the first day of registration)
Thanks to both of you - that is helpful to know!
minerva78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: