Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
gretchenohar@hotmail


DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Western New York
Posts: 2,893

Disney Y.E.S. Program

I've been following this thread:
"Disney YES Program Open to non-groups"but it's now closed. Yikes! I still have questions....

For instance, it seems the tix are paper rather than plastic and cannot be added to a KTTW card. Can anyone please tell me how to keep the tix "separate"? (ie: how can we identify which tix belongs to which family member - as I read that all tix simply have "YOUTH" printed on them.)

Is there any way to keep track of how many days/parks are left on each tix? I have visions of miscalculating and having to pay an entrance fee towards the end of the trip due to an inadvertant mistake on my part.

If any of you have used this program & can explain (anything/everything), it will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Gretchen

This is a link provided by Shannon who very graciously compiled all the pertinent info on this thread:

http://wdwprepschool.com/how-to-get-...-park-tickets/

Last edited by gretchenohar@hotmail; 05-23-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Adding a Link
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo
 
Lehuaann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TN - from So Cal
Posts: 2,327

You will will sign your name on the back.

Also, I kept up with use days by memory like I do my KTTW cards, but pretty sure any GR booth can help if uncertain.
__________________
"'Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind ...or forgotten."


DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Savannah * POFQ * POR


Last edited by Lehuaann; 01-14-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: corrected info
Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
gretchenohar@hotmail


DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Western New York
Posts: 2,893

Thanks Lehuaann!
I think I was making it more difficult in my head than it needs to be... (as usual).
I didn't realize that names were printed on the tix as well. I was envisioning trying to keep 4 tickets straight over 6 days - and no identifying marks. Sometimes my husband or I takes 1 or the other grandchildren to a certain park, so we're not always at the same place at the same time. I can see now that the names written on the tix will solve that problem.
Thanks again!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
8timesblessed
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Posts: 472

When we got our tickets in October they made us write the names on the back and sign them. We were there for 14 days so we knew which days were are park days and knew we would use up our 8 days and then we had non park days and we did go to a waterpark one day and Disneyquest as well. It was a great thing for us and our kids liked the classes.
8timesblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #5
dgr1973
DIS Veteran
 
dgr1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Huntley, Illinois
Posts: 584

How do the tickets work if the class you are doing isnt at the beginning of the trip? On the website it said to pick up vouchers 1 day before the class but then it also said they are good for 7 days before the class and 7 days after so I am confused. Also we have two daughters taking the class so my dh and I will also be able to get the discounted tickets? My older dd will be able to go alone since she is 14 but our other dd who is 12 will need my husband or myself to go with or can she just go with her sister? Sorry I am new to this program and it seems to good to be true!
dgr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
gretchenohar@hotmail


DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Western New York
Posts: 2,893

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8timesblessed View Post
When we got our tickets in October they made us write the names on the back and sign them. We were there for 14 days so we knew which days were are park days and knew we would use up our 8 days and then we had non park days and we did go to a waterpark one day and Disneyquest as well. It was a great thing for us and our kids liked the classes.
Thanks for the info! I was just worried I'd mix up the tix & who used what, when - if you know what I mean. This seems pretty straightforward, tho.
Just to be clear - we just go thru the turnstiles like you would with KTTW cards? Have never used these type of tix before, but am SO looking forward to the class for my grandson!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #7
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo
 
Lehuaann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TN - from So Cal
Posts: 2,327

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
Thanks Lehuaann!
I think I was making it more difficult in my head than it needs to be... (as usual).
I didn't realize that names were printed on the tix as well. I was envisioning trying to keep 4 tickets straight over 6 days - and no identifying marks. Sometimes my husband or I takes 1 or the other grandchildren to a certain park, so we're not always at the same place at the same time. I can see now that the names written on the tix will solve that problem.
Thanks again!
Ok, so I went and pulled my tickets and pp is correct; the names are not pre-printed. You must sign the tickets, and this keeps them easily separated.

The only identifying info pre-printed on our tickets are;

* Valid Dates (example; actual checkin/pickup - 7 days after checkout)
* # Days/Type (example; 8 Day Park Hopper W/8 Fun Visits - YOUTH)

...as well as ticket rules, bar code, magnetic strip.

The card is also Tyvek with Disney characters on the front.

Yes, you go put them through the turnstiles machine as you would a KTTW card, however, you will not scan your finger with these.

Hope this helps!
__________________
"'Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind ...or forgotten."


DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Savannah * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #8
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo
 
Lehuaann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TN - from So Cal
Posts: 2,327

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgr1973 View Post
How do the tickets work if the class you are doing isnt at the beginning of the trip? On the website it said to pick up vouchers 1 day before the class but then it also said they are good for 7 days before the class and 7 days after so I am confused. Also we have two daughters taking the class so my dh and I will also be able to get the discounted tickets? My older dd will be able to go alone since she is 14 but our other dd who is 12 will need my husband or myself to go with or can she just go with her sister? Sorry I am new to this program and it seems to good to be true!

Yes, both you and DH should have no problem purchasing YES tickets - even if you have only have 1 child taking a class.

When I registered I was able to put in the dates of our checkin/pickup, which was 5 days prior to our first class.

As far as the guardian rules, not 100% sure ...but pretty sure it has to be an adult parent/guardian present. My DH accompanied DD11 to class, as required, and they both had to pay $28 each. But hopefully someone can come along and clarify the rules.

Also, although DD14 can go alone, an adult is required to sign her in and remain in the park throughout the course of the class.
__________________
"'Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind ...or forgotten."


DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Savannah * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #9
gretchenohar@hotmail


DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Western New York
Posts: 2,893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
Ok, so I went and pulled my tickets and pp is correct; the names are not pre-printed. You must sign the tickets, and this keeps them easily separated.

The only identifying info pre-printed on our tickets are;

* Valid Dates (example; actual checkin/pickup - 7 days after checkout)
* # Days/Type (example; 8 Day Park Hopper W/8 Fun Visits - YOUTH)

...as well as ticket rules, bar code, magnetic strip.

The card is also Tyvek with Disney characters on the front.

Yes, you go put them through the turnstiles machine as you would a KTTW card, however, you will not scan your finger with these.

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for going to all the trouble of looking up your tix and answering my questions! It is much appreciated!!!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #10
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo
 
Lehuaann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TN - from So Cal
Posts: 2,327

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
Thank you so much for going to all the trouble of looking up your tix and answering my questions! It is much appreciated!!!
You are SO welcome and will love this program - happy planning!
__________________
"'Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind ...or forgotten."


DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Savannah * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #11
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 676

I noticed dates are up until the end of Oct. No registration available yet though.

Do you have to purchase the tickets for the whole party at the time of enrollment? Can I enroll my daughter and pay for hers and one parent's tickets to secure her spot, then purchase the other 2 later?
__________________
me dh dd ds dsd dsd's first trip!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #12
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gulf Coast, FL
Posts: 570

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
I noticed dates are up until the end of Oct. No registration available yet though.

Do you have to purchase the tickets for the whole party at the time of enrollment? Can I enroll my daughter and pay for hers and one parent's tickets to secure her spot, then purchase the other 2 later?

I believe that is not possible. The ticket purchase rules are pretty strict with the YES classes. You will have to purchase all your tickets at the time you sign up for the class and they will not be upgradeable or refundable. Although I have heard of people being allowed to make changes due to certain circumstances, I would not count on that at all. For me, the non-upgradeable part is the only downside to this program, because we can't change our mind and add days or park hoppers once we are there - but it seems like such a small thing compared to the amazing price savings, and the fun class the kids get to take.
__________________
Something Feels Funny, I Must Be Thinking Too Hard. Winnie the Pooh

DH me DS 10 DD 8


WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012
wgeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #13
mistysue
DIS Veteran
 
mistysue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,744

Is it really limited to 8 days now?
I remember somebody asking last year and it came out that you can get a 10 day, but on the site it looks like they only go up to 8 days.
I was going to save money buy getting us all YES tickets this year, but I wouldn't really save if I have to then buy extra tickets to supplement.
__________________
Me(33) DH(32) DD(10) DS(5) DS(3)

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #14
tlh0726
DIS Veteran
 
tlh0726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 2,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistysue View Post
Is it really limited to 8 days now?
I remember somebody asking last year and it came out that you can get a 10 day, but on the site it looks like they only go up to 8 days.
I was going to save money buy getting us all YES tickets this year, but I wouldn't really save if I have to then buy extra tickets to supplement.
Call and ask if longer times are available.

Memory is telling me that last year someone posted about putting a note wanting longer days or they had to call in to add to them.
__________________
(me) Tina (DH) Jay (DD9) Kaelonnah (DS8) Cashton

Apr 2014 Offsite, Aug 2013 Pop Century, Apr 2013 Fort Wilderness, Nov 2012 Pop Century, June 2012 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2012 Offsite,
Aug 2011 Offsite, Apr 2011 Pop Century, Oct 2010 Pop Century, Apr 2010 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2009 Pop Century, June 1997 Offsite, Dec 1996 Offsite
tlh0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #15
sdchickie
Fan of the Mouse!
 
sdchickie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern MD
Posts: 1,213

Back to the OP's question, it is actually easier to use these tickets because without the finger scan it doesn't matter who uses who's ticket. When we went to the parks I just handed out the tickets to my family, never had to even look at which one was getting which ticket. It was also much quicker not having to scan the finger although sometimes the CM's were wondering why it worked without my finger. As for picking the tickets up, you take your printed out e-mail to any park ticket booth, or the one at the TTC and give it to the CM. I think you have to go to the group sales window. They will print your tickets for you and you can use them even if it is before the class. The last time we did it our class was on the last day of our trip.
__________________

sdchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: