Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #1396
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Smiles View Post
Michelle -

Sorry you had to cancel - these are the times that I wish money did not exist and we had government mandated vacation time of two weeks per year in which we were obligated to take a trip to the destination of our choosing and the government paid someone to watch the house and animals.

Well one can dream right

Kris
That would be nice!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #1397
6Smiles
DIS Veteran
 
6Smiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 712

Laurie -

Nice Job on the DL character meal super thread. What did you like about Storytellers breakfast and do you think it is a must do? We are planning one sit down a day be it counter serve of dining for the same reasons you are. To take a break and give my daughter a chance to recoup from the over stimulation. While she has been making strides she is still very prone to her sensory issues taking over.

As for Shy does she have the ability to comprehend "home" and "out". If so maybe you can tell her that she can "wrestle" in the house, but not anywhere else.

I can honestly say I have no clue as to your Disney World trip as I have not been since 1978 and the only thing I can recall is that the castle was huge and I felt like I was living in a fairytale. Heres to hoping all of your dreams come true.
Kris
__________________
Kris
6Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #1398
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Smiles View Post
Laurie -

Nice Job on the DL character meal super thread. What did you like about Storytellers breakfast and do you think it is a must do? We are planning one sit down a day be it counter serve of dining for the same reasons you are. To take a break and give my daughter a chance to recoup from the over stimulation. While she has been making strides she is still very prone to her sensory issues taking over.

As for Shy does she have the ability to comprehend "home" and "out". If so maybe you can tell her that she can "wrestle" in the house, but not anywhere else.

I can honestly say I have no clue as to your Disney World trip as I have not been since 1978 and the only thing I can recall is that the castle was huge and I felt like I was living in a fairytale. Heres to hoping all of your dreams come true.
Kris
Thank You!! Sherry asked me to start the thread since I had been to all 5 of the meals. Now it's kinda running on it's own......which is good because I haven't been very good about getting on the Dis. I get on here when I get notification.

Storyteller's was a more laid back, quieter character meal. The restaurant is huge and beautiful to look at (the woods, etc). I liked ordering off the menu and getting a hot plate of food......but the prices will still be equivalent of buffet prices. It was nice seeing a few "rare" characters like Meeko & Kenai. It's not my first choice if only doing one. If you want to try a different one if you've done the others....then it's worth going to once. I'd go again....but only if I was doing all of them again.

It's hard to say if Shy comprehends enough to understand that. She's pretty bright, but she behaves the same way anywhere she goes. I believe if she acts out like that at school that she will learn what's ok and not ok behavior. We're trying here but when the 2 older kids are ALWAYS fighting.....it's hard.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #1399
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Oh No chele, I had no idea



That sounds like some good choices

It's all good Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Sorry you had to cancel your trip Michele!

Your plans look good Laurie! No matter what if you get to go it won't matter that you didn't get to do everything you originally planned. You will all be together and have fun!!

Thank you, Paula! We are just postponing our trip.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Smiles View Post
Michelle -

Sorry you had to cancel - these are the times that I wish money did not exist and we had government mandated vacation time of two weeks per year in which we were obligated to take a trip to the destination of our choosing and the government paid someone to watch the house and animals.

Well one can dream right

Kris
Thank you Kris. This will just make the next trip more fun.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #1401
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Michele, you have such a great attitude! Here's to the next one!
She does!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #1402
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Smiles View Post
Laurie -

Nice Job on the DL character meal super thread. What did you like about Storytellers breakfast and do you think it is a must do? We are planning one sit down a day be it counter serve of dining for the same reasons you are. To take a break and give my daughter a chance to recoup from the over stimulation. While she has been making strides she is still very prone to her sensory issues taking over.

Kris
you didn't ask me but I thought I would give my opinion anyways!

I've been to all the DL Character meals EXCEPT Ariels (Been for dinner! Food was delicious!)

My Favorite meal for character interaction is Breakfast with Minnie and the Plaza, second favorite is Goofy's Kitchen (I LOVE Peanut Butter Pizza!!), Third is Surf's Up at the Paradise Pier and last is Storytellers. Storytellers is the one I do not feel the need to repeat. I'm also more a Minnie, Mickey, Winnie the Pooh fan than Princesses so have no urgency to go to Ariels when the Princesses are there. Hope its okay I butted in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Thank you, Paula! We are just postponing our trip.
Postponing is much better than canceling!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #1403
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,132

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Michele, you have such a great attitude! Here's to the next one!

Thank you. I believe in making lemonade when life gives me lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
She does!!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
you didn't ask me but I thought I would give my opinion anyways!

I've been to all the DL Character meals EXCEPT Ariels (Been for dinner! Food was delicious!)

My Favorite meal for character interaction is Breakfast with Minnie and the Plaza, second favorite is Goofy's Kitchen (I LOVE Peanut Butter Pizza!!), Third is Surf's Up at the Paradise Pier and last is Storytellers. Storytellers is the one I do not feel the need to repeat. I'm also more a Minnie, Mickey, Winnie the Pooh fan than Princesses so have no urgency to go to Ariels when the Princesses are there. Hope its okay I butted in!!



Postponing is much better than canceling!
Much better!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #1404
princesszelda
Mouseketeer
 
princesszelda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 459

Happy Birthday Laurie
__________________
Jenn
princesszelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #1405
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszelda View Post
Happy Birthday Laurie
Thank You Very Much!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #1406
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!
 
Minnie&Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA/NC
Posts: 15,683


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Laurie!!
May all your Wishes come true (esp for December!
__________________
Christine

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #1407
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Laurie!!
May all your Wishes come true (esp for December!
Thank You Christine!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #1408
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,619

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURIE!!

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!






__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #1409
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURIE!!

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!






Thank You Kelly!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #1410
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,132

kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: