Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #1306
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnA2010 View Post
How are things Laurie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeyoreJen View Post
Everyone ready for BOG ressies tomorrow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
Hope all is well.
Hi everyone....thanks for stopping by to check on me!!

Well lets see.......my laptop died....so I'm going through major withdrawels! We have a desktop, but it's in part of the home where it's not easy to use during the day while watching the kiddos. So very limited on how much time I get on here. Then my cell phone died as well (which was my other way of at least checking in)......I got a replacement and so now I can at least track things......and occassionally post if need be.

I got up at 4am, west coast time to start dialing WDW dining this morning. FRUSTRATED would be an understatement. I hit redial for the first 2 hrs non stop.....decided since I was so tired to give up for a couple hours & try again. Got back on and did the redial thing again for an hour & a half. Finally got through and opted to talk to a real person since the automated system is not letting people put a CC hold on their ADR's......they will delete at midnight if not linked to a card. So instead of having to go through the pain of getting through twice....I'd just do the forever hold to talk to someone. So after about 35mins on hold.......I'm met with the news that my entire vacation is sold out....booked solid.....AWESOME...... Over 6 hours and it's all gone. I really couldn't have done it any different.....I could have stayed up the next 2 hrs, but still wouldn't have gotten through......I got the recorded "all circuits are busy, please try your call again later" to know I was on a losing battle.

Kinda wish Disney wouldn't have announced when they were opening up ADR's and just did it with no big TA DA moment........

So now I'll be on watch when they show up online or maybe chance calling back tomorrow.....just in case people that used the automated system didn't get the memo.....
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #1307
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Sorry you had such a frusating morning! That is such a shame it is booked solid. We opted to not even try for it this trip and I am thinking of not even doing CS there now as well. I wish you would have been able to get one tho. Hopefully you will be able to if someone drops it remember the 45 day mark too. I am still trying to change my Le Cellier day and waiting for someone to drop it.

RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #1308
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Oh, Laurie...that is a bummer! Do keep trying because something might open up...and on line booking will open the end of the month...the 27th, I think? I had heard the 23rd, but yesterday read the 27th. Fingers crossed...and hope the new laptop arrives today!!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #1309
EeyoreJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver

Hi everyone....thanks for stopping by to check on me!!

Well lets see.......my laptop died....so I'm going through major withdrawels! We have a desktop, but it's in part of the home where it's not easy to use during the day while watching the kiddos. So very limited on how much time I get on here. Then my cell phone died as well (which was my other way of at least checking in)......I got a replacement and so now I can at least track things......and occassionally post if need be.

I got up at 4am, west coast time to start dialing WDW dining this morning. FRUSTRATED would be an understatement. I hit redial for the first 2 hrs non stop.....decided since I was so tired to give up for a couple hours & try again. Got back on and did the redial thing again for an hour & a half. Finally got through and opted to talk to a real person since the automated system is not letting people put a CC hold on their ADR's......they will delete at midnight if not linked to a card. So instead of having to go through the pain of getting through twice....I'd just do the forever hold to talk to someone. So after about 35mins on hold.......I'm met with the news that my entire vacation is sold out....booked solid.....AWESOME...... Over 6 hours and it's all gone. I really couldn't have done it any different.....I could have stayed up the next 2 hrs, but still wouldn't have gotten through......I got the recorded "all circuits are busy, please try your call again later" to know I was on a losing battle.

Kinda wish Disney wouldn't have announced when they were opening up ADR's and just did it with no big TA DA moment........

So now I'll be on watch when they show up online or maybe chance calling back tomorrow.....just in case people that used the automated system didn't get the memo.....
Hi Laurie.

Sorry ti hear about your electronic troubles. I wondered where you'd gone .

I bet there will be a lot of cancellations tonight for those people who did automated. I would try again first thing in the morning. You might get lucky. I did the same as you...took two hours to get through then 55 min on hold but finally got in. Omg it was insane!!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #1310
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

That stinks. I hope you get new laptop soon

I am sorry about Be our Guest experience

Like other said, call first thing in the morning as I am sure a lot of people won't get the memo about having to have a CC tied to it
Old 08-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #1311
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Sorry you had such a frusating morning! That is such a shame it is booked solid. We opted to not even try for it this trip and I am thinking of not even doing CS there now as well. I wish you would have been able to get one tho. Hopefully you will be able to if someone drops it remember the 45 day mark too. I am still trying to change my Le Cellier day and waiting for someone to drop it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Oh, Laurie...that is a bummer! Do keep trying because something might open up...and on line booking will open the end of the month...the 27th, I think? I had heard the 23rd, but yesterday read the 27th. Fingers crossed...and hope the new laptop arrives today!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeyoreJen View Post
Hi Laurie.

Sorry ti hear about your electronic troubles. I wondered where you'd gone .

I bet there will be a lot of cancellations tonight for those people who did automated. I would try again first thing in the morning. You might get lucky. I did the same as you...took two hours to get through then 55 min on hold but finally got in. Omg it was insane!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
That stinks. I hope you get new laptop soon

I am sorry about Be our Guest experience

Like other said, call first thing in the morning as I am sure a lot of people won't get the memo about having to have a CC tied to it
Thanx everyone!! I'm getting a NEW laptop, the motherboard went out on the other one & it's cheaper for them to give me a new.....just have to have the $150 to pay for the hard drive save/external hard drive and be able to drive up to Salem all at the same time.....lol The laptop was under an extended warranty (totally worth it) but we were afraid it was the hard drive so we paid for them to recover everything they could on it. If we had known it was the motherboard and not the hard drive.....I could have saved myself the money.......but it wasn't worth chancing with all my pictures on it.

As for the BOG issues and the automated system......sounds like Disney has announced that it would honor all those reservations made on it because of their error...... RATS!! Oh well......at this point, I'm starting to think this trip isn't going to happen anyways.......
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 08-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #1312
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear you didnt get BOG. After reading all the horror stories, I am glad we didnt try for an ADR this time around.

I am still crossing my fingers that the IRS money comes through
Old 08-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #1313
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I'm sorry to hear you didnt get BOG. After reading all the horror stories, I am glad we didnt try for an ADR this time around.

I am still crossing my fingers that the IRS money comes through
You were the smart one to just sit back and watch the craziness ensue...... I'll keep an eye online (when it becomes avail. online) just for cancellations. It sounds like people getting thru we're making multi ADR's so they could choose when to go, so hoping a lot of those open up and we get lucky!! If not, we'll check it out during a lunch service (since that will be QS)

Thank You......I'm crossing everything that the IRS & the inheritance find their way to me in September....if not, we'll seriously have to consider cancelling. (which will kill me to do so......so much time, research & excitement have gone into it.....plus I won't get to see Derek if we don't go)

Old 08-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #1314
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

That stinks that you didn't get a resie at BOG. Keep trying, something might open up last minute. We've had that happen for Christmas Day dinner resies, and a day or two before it opened up!
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #1315
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver

Thanx everyone!! I'm getting a NEW laptop, the motherboard went out on the other one & it's cheaper for them to give me a new.....just have to have the $150 to pay for the hard drive save/external hard drive and be able to drive up to Salem all at the same time.....lol The laptop was under an extended warranty (totally worth it) but we were afraid it was the hard drive so we paid for them to recover everything they could on it. If we had known it was the motherboard and not the hard drive.....I could have saved myself the money.......but it wasn't worth chancing with all my pictures on it.
Always better to be safe then sorry... My laptop died earlier this year and I think I didn't lose pictures but I am not sure... I do but them on the desktop so I am hoping. (It is just sitting upstairs DH wants to try to fix it himself when he has time) Praying your IRS money comes through.

RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #1316
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
That stinks that you didn't get a resie at BOG. Keep trying, something might open up last minute. We've had that happen for Christmas Day dinner resies, and a day or two before it opened up!
Something will open, I have faith.....just wish I had secured it after being up at 4am to do so......lol

Quote:
Always better to be safe then sorry... My laptop died earlier this year and I think I didn't lose pictures but I am not sure... I do but them on the desktop so I am hoping. (It is just sitting upstairs DH wants to try to fix it himself when he has time) Praying your IRS money comes through.
The pictures were totally worth the $150.....just don't have extra money like that hanging around.....so until I can come up with it.....I go with out a laptop.

Thank You....we're hoping too!

Old 08-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #1317
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Thank You......I'm crossing everything that the IRS & the inheritance find their way to me in September....if not, we'll seriously have to consider cancelling. (which will kill me to do so......so much time, research & excitement have gone into it.....plus I won't get to see Derek if we don't go)
I am praying everything comes through...but if it doesn't, please don't cancel...rebook for another date! It won't be December, but with all the hard work you've done (and do every day) you so deserve this trip! Postpone is a much nicer word than cancel...still...praying you will go as planned!!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #1318
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
I am praying everything comes through...but if it doesn't, please don't cancel...rebook for another date! It won't be December, but with all the hard work you've done (and do every day) you so deserve this trip! Postpone is a much nicer word than cancel...still...praying you will go as planned!!
Thanx Christine......ok, we'll have to postpone if they money doesn't get here soon!!

Old 08-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #1319
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I agree! Postpone, but don't cancel!You guys deserve this trip, even if it's a little later than planned. But I hope you don't have to change anything and still get to go at Christmas.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #1320
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

I agree with the others. Definitely don't cancel, just postpone it. You all deserve this trip and you have worked so hard for it

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: