Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #736
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,528

Vicki those pics are cute!!! I think the kids will love that added bonus to the meal!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #737
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"
 
RooRach0906's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Richmond,VA
Posts: 2,188

Glad to know I am not the only one rethinking my ADRs
__________________
Me (30) DH(28) & DD(4)
SSR ~ Sept06 Disneymoon, CR ~ Sept09 Anniv Trip, OKW ~ Sept11 DD 1st trip w/the TagAlongs, SSR&BWV ~ Dec12, BWV ~ May13 's 3rd BDay Trip, BCV & SSR ~ Sept13




On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~
RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #738
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
Glad to know I am not the only one rethinking my ADRs
That's what happens when you have time on your hands..... If I would have been able to set them on Sunday.....I would have left things as they were. It also let me go back & count credits & I realized I had 28 not 27!! So I cancelled our last day lunch at Planet Hollywood.....I'll just use the gift certificate (or whatever they call it) we get from the Disney Travel for merchandise there. I was concerned about the concentration of meals that day anyways.....now we can snack while we're in DTD!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #739
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,617

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Ok, I hadn't even looked Chef's de France.....but wowsers!!!! It is now top of the list for the CP package!!!! Back up: Le Cellier and Rose & Crown.
I heard Chefs De France is pretty good. I have heard Le Cellier has really gone downhill

good move
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #740
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran
 
debrapagliasotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 2,311

Chefs de France - Remy 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 and 5:20 except Sunday

He makes 1 round through the restraunt. Appears unless there are "mechanical" difficulties.

Your new and improved ADR list looks great! Think you have some good choices there.

Fun pics Derek sent you! Cant wait to see more as he sends them. When are auditions for characters?
__________________
DH & Me, DS 12, DD 11, DS 5, DS 4
7/97 - WDW Offsite, 8/08 - CBR, 12/12 - BW (Dlx CL) & MVMCP, 2/14 - POFQ/POR (PHM), Upcoming 2/15 - AKV (PHM)

Last edited by debrapagliasotti; 06-12-2012 at 10:21 PM.
debrapagliasotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #741
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,122

What fun pictures from Derek!



How is he settling in?
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #742
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I heard Chefs De France is pretty good. I have heard Le Cellier has really gone downhill

good move
I think so!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Chefs de France - Remy 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 and 5:20 except Sunday

He makes 1 round through the restraunt. Appears unless there are "mechanical" difficulties.

Your new and improved ADR list looks great! Think you have some good choices there.

Fun pics Derek sent you! Cant wait to see more as he sends them. When are auditions for characters?
Oh good!!! With a 1:20 ADR, we should be at a table in time for the 1:40 rounds!!

I believe they are next week......I'll keep everyone posted!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
What fun pictures from Derek!


How is he settling in?
He's tired, but the first few days were long ones......hopefully he'll adjust to the new time zone & get some rest. He seems excited to be there (as he should be!!)
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #743
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,122

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I think so!!



Oh good!!! With a 1:20 ADR, we should be at a table in time for the 1:40 rounds!!

I believe they are next week......I'll keep everyone posted!!



He's tired, but the first few days were long ones......hopefully he'll adjust to the new time zone & get some rest. He seems excited to be there (as he should be!!)
Time zone can be rough to adjust to. I am sure that he will adjust. I am glad he is excited to be there. That is good.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:34 AM   #744
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,499

Le Chefs is goooood!! I have never had a bad meal there. Their soups are awesome too. Only twice have we seen Remmy. He was either cooking or had the day off the other times and was unable to greet guests.

We were at Epcot on Monday. I saw a group of CP getting a tour. I looked for your son, but I couldn't remember well enough what he looks like to know if he was in that group or not.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #745
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Time zone can be rough to adjust to. I am sure that he will adjust. I am glad he is excited to be there. That is good.
We were hoping he would have slept on the flight (11:25pm to 7/8am before connecting flight).....unfortunately, he was in the middle seat & was unable to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Le Chefs is goooood!! I have never had a bad meal there. Their soups are awesome too. Only twice have we seen Remmy. He was either cooking or had the day off the other times and was unable to greet guests.

We were at Epcot on Monday. I saw a group of CP getting a tour. I looked for your son, but I couldn't remember well enough what he looks like to know if he was in that group or not.
I don't think I'll even tell the kids about Remy.....just in case he doesn't appear that day. The menu looked very good & I've seen some pics too....yummo!!

They did their check-in on Monday & casting (so unless the casting building is at Epcot) that wasn't his group. Today will be his first time in the parks....Traditions is being held at MK today & he's excited to finally be going in!!!

And for future reference.....this is Derek:

__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #746
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,528

27 yrs ago, I became a mommy......BEST DAY EVER!!!! (the becoming a mommy part.....not the actual giving birth part......lol)

Happy Birthday Nicholas!!












__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #747
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,499

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I don't think I'll even tell the kids about Remy.....just in case he doesn't appear that day. The menu looked very good & I've seen some pics too....yummo!!

They did their check-in on Monday & casting (so unless the casting building is at Epcot) that wasn't his group. Today will be his first time in the parks....Traditions is being held at MK today & he's excited to finally be going in!!!

And for future reference.....this is Derek:

I will be on the lookout for him. Will he be at TS or QS restaurants?

I hope he has a great day! If he needs anything send me a pm, we are in the Disney area frequently. Also, happy birthday to Nicholas!
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #748
tofubeast
DIS Veteran
 
tofubeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S. Florida - 3 hr hop to the World!
Posts: 4,056

Happy Birthday to your son!!!

I was looking at your ADRs. I think you will love San Angel. Everything I have read is how the food has vastly improved there. It is more authentic that you standard Tex-Mex style restaurant. I also hear good things about Hacienda too.

I love LC, but haven't eaten there since 09. Now that it is a 2 credit meal, I am just not sure if it is worth if for someone on the DP. I will say that I liked it was more than Chefs though. But to each their own right? ehhe.

Good call on PH. If the coupon for a souvenir is the same as it was a couple years ago, it was just for a silly cheap keychain.
__________________

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(?). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)[SIZE="1"][B]
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #749
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I will be on the lookout for him. Will he be at TS or QS restaurants?

I hope he has a great day! If he needs anything send me a pm, we are in the Disney area frequently. Also, happy birthday to Nicholas!
He'll be working the food court at the All Star Movies Resort.....hoping he can cross train for a QS in the park(s) as well.

I really appreciate that.....I will let him know too that I have a contact near by if he needs something. Thank you so much for that offer!!

Thanx for the birthday wishes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Happy Birthday to your son!!!

I was looking at your ADRs. I think you will love San Angel. Everything I have read is how the food has vastly improved there. It is more authentic that you standard Tex-Mex style restaurant. I also hear good things about Hacienda too.

I love LC, but haven't eaten there since 09. Now that it is a 2 credit meal, I am just not sure if it is worth if for someone on the DP. I will say that I liked it was more than Chefs though. But to each their own right? ehhe.

Good call on PH. If the coupon for a souvenir is the same as it was a couple years ago, it was just for a silly cheap keychain.
I was feeling weird for not having a Mexican meal during our trip......just had to be done!! Hoping the newer reviews continue to be favorable!!

Who knows......maybe I'll get to do Chef's & LeCellier and then I compare the two. I know the menu looked more my style at Chef's.......but it's always good to try new things & be adventuresome on vacations........ I think the California Grill will cover that challenge though.

I just went back & read the Planet Hollywood thing.....$15 meal voucher & souvenir......so you're probably right.....a keychain. Rats....I was hoping it was just a voucher that could be used in the gift shop too. Oh well....maybe we'll pop in for a dessert midday. Still gonna go get me a new Planet Hollywood tee!!!

Thanx for the birthday wishes!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #750
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"
 
RooRach0906's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Richmond,VA
Posts: 2,188

Happy Birthday to Nicholas!!!
__________________
Me (30) DH(28) & DD(4)
SSR ~ Sept06 Disneymoon, CR ~ Sept09 Anniv Trip, OKW ~ Sept11 DD 1st trip w/the TagAlongs, SSR&BWV ~ Dec12, BWV ~ May13 's 3rd BDay Trip, BCV & SSR ~ Sept13




On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~
RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: