Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #1471
GAN
DIS Veteran
 
GAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder
Posts: 1,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16
Just a fyi for those of you interested in using TIW at Belle Vue Lounge. I ordered a drink here one evening and got it to go. They do take TIW but they have to call a manager to get it applied. I didn't want to wait for the $1.50 or so it would have saved me so I didn't use it. I had the same issue at Tambu Lounge but there, we were sitting for awhile so right after we ordered our drinks, I had them call someone to apply the discount. It took a solid 10 minutes to get a manager to come and apply the discount. So I'm glad I didn't wait at Belle Vue. So just a fyi for those interested in using that discount at the lounge that it can take some time to get it applied.
It's been a while since we've used the TIW card(maybe 4 years) but we had the same issue at the Rose and Crown -I felt like we were inconveniencing them by looking for the discount. But it was a $20 tab so it was $4 which I probably handed to Carl anyway. I don't understand why they don't make it easier at drinking establishments unless they purposely do it to discourage people from using it when not buying food. Do you remember if they added the 18% tip to the bill as well?
GAN is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #1472
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran
 
debrapagliasotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 2,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
In general I believe there is a $10 charge for anything shipped to the business center. Enjoy!
Thank you
__________________
DH & Me, DS 13, DD 11, DS 6, DS 5
7/97 - WDW Offsite, 8/08 - CBR, 12/12 - BW (Dlx CL) & MVMCP, 2/14 - POFQ/POR (PHM), Upcoming 12/15 - POR
debrapagliasotti is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #1473
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I never did figure out the closest entry point to Epcot so we just used the front entrances.
As far as I know, that is it. Any staircases from the Inn side bring you to the inner courtyard areas near the quiet pool, not on the Boardwalk side. Unlike the villa side, where you can walk around Jellyrolls if you're near the far end, I don't believe there is any way to walk around ESPN without going through CM-only areas. It's unfortunate there aren't more ways to access the Boardwalk, and supposedly at the last DVC annual meeting, they admitted they made big mistakes by not having more boardwalk access and/or elevators at the far ends when they built BWI/BWV, but there isn't much they can (or will) do about it now.
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming BWV Dec'14, BLT Jul'15, BWV/DCL Fantasy Sep'15
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #1474
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round
 
elgerber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 14,759

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
As far as I know, that is it. Any staircases from the Inn side bring you to the inner courtyard areas near the quiet pool, not on the Boardwalk side. Unlike the villa side, where you can walk around Jellyrolls if you're near the far end, I don't believe there is any way to walk around ESPN without going through CM-only areas. It's unfortunate there aren't more ways to access the Boardwalk, and supposedly at the last DVC annual meeting, they admitted they made big mistakes by not having more boardwalk access and/or elevators at the far ends when they built BWI/BWV, but there isn't much they can (or will) do about it now.
Yes, we have tried to find one, with no luck, when it's pouring rain and we need to get from the villas to ESPN for dinner. Yep, we had to get wet!
__________________
Erika
elgerber is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #1475
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
It's been a while since we've used the TIW card(maybe 4 years) but we had the same issue at the Rose and Crown -I felt like we were inconveniencing them by looking for the discount. But it was a $20 tab so it was $4 which I probably handed to Carl anyway. I don't understand why they don't make it easier at drinking establishments unless they purposely do it to discourage people from using it when not buying food. Do you remember if they added the 18% tip to the bill as well?
The 18% gratuity is still added to all TIW checks and I've had to have our TIW go through managerial approval at table service restaurants. However, it doesn't seem to be a consistent requirement. We love the 20% savings and for us, it's well worth the $75 cost with an AP.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #1476
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran
 
BabyFu18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,251

Anyone have success booking a standard view at the BWI and having a nice view? I am thinking about booking at the BWI but worried that it won't be as magical without the boardwalk view room (which isn't available for our dates/code we are using).
__________________
BabyFu18 is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #1477
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18 View Post
Anyone have success booking a standard view at the BWI and having a nice view? I am thinking about booking at the BWI but worried that it won't be as magical without the boardwalk view room (which isn't available for our dates/code we are using).
We had a standard room on the 5th floor that we could see Spaceship Earth, the Eiffel Tower, IllumiNations, and the DTD hot air balloon from!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #1478
JNPants
Earning My Ears
 
JNPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Beverly, MA
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16
Just a fyi for those of you interested in using TIW at Belle Vue Lounge. I ordered a drink here one evening and got it to go. They do take TIW but they have to call a manager to get it applied. I didn't want to wait for the $1.50 or so it would have saved me so I didn't use it. I had the same issue at Tambu Lounge but there, we were sitting for awhile so right after we ordered our drinks, I had them call someone to apply the discount. It took a solid 10 minutes to get a manager to come and apply the discount. So I'm glad I didn't wait at Belle Vue. So just a fyi for those interested in using that discount at the lounge that it can take some time to get it applied.
Good to know! My cohorts and I plan to take full advantage of TIW in under two weeks. We'll be sure to let the bartenders know we need the discount applied at the first mention of cashing out. One of my biggest restaurant pet peeves (in general, not necessarily at WDW) is when your party has decided to call it a night and no one seems to want to take your money!
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/dywxt51kcg220ghs.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
JNPants is offline  
Old 08-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #1479
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Old Navy? We would have been thrilled with Wal-Mart. When I lived in Montana I used to drive 160 miles to go to Taco Bell and Target. Each way. I'd be thrilled to go back there and live again. I lived in the biggest town in Eastern Montana. Population about 9,000.

We'd go to inspect Nursing Homes on the High Line and be gone for three days to inspect two homes.
My DH is from the High Line! - Rudyard (and he went to Chester High School for 2 years as well). My FIL's family is all from Brockway and nearby. And it is funny because our last name is very 'cow' like and we raise cattle. Although the older generation doesn't get the joke So did you live in Miles City? That's where DH's folks have a house (to get away from the farm!) Oh, small world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
It's been a while since we've used the TIW card(maybe 4 years) but we had the same issue at the Rose and Crown -I felt like we were inconveniencing them by looking for the discount. But it was a $20 tab so it was $4 which I probably handed to Carl anyway. I don't understand why they don't make it easier at drinking establishments unless they purposely do it to discourage people from using it when not buying food. Do you remember if they added the 18% tip to the bill as well?
They did add 18% tip at all establishments I used TIW. And the first time, I tipped extra thinking that they put the 18% on the discounted amount but then I realized they were getting the 18% from the FULL amount of the bill. While I understand the practice, I do not like people telling me how much to tip considering it is a gratuity. I felt 18% was more than adequate for the majority of the waitstaff we encountered. At a few places, I did tip a little extra including at the Tambu Lounge. The bartender apologized for the inconvenience because he felt that if Disney was going to offer such a discount, they should not make it difficult to use (bonus points for him!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
As far as I know, that is it. Any staircases from the Inn side bring you to the inner courtyard areas near the quiet pool, not on the Boardwalk side. Unlike the villa side, where you can walk around Jellyrolls if you're near the far end, I don't believe there is any way to walk around ESPN without going through CM-only areas. It's unfortunate there aren't more ways to access the Boardwalk, and supposedly at the last DVC annual meeting, they admitted they made big mistakes by not having more boardwalk access and/or elevators at the far ends when they built BWI/BWV, but there isn't much they can (or will) do about it now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
Yes, we have tried to find one, with no luck, when it's pouring rain and we need to get from the villas to ESPN for dinner. Yep, we had to get wet!
Well I'm glad there wasn't a secret I didn't figure out But bummer too that there isn't a way to walk through BWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18 View Post
Anyone have success booking a standard view at the BWI and having a nice view? I am thinking about booking at the BWI but worried that it won't be as magical without the boardwalk view room (which isn't available for our dates/code we are using).
We were at BWV and had a view of the quiet pool/Swolphin and it was still magical

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNPants View Post
Good to know! My cohorts and I plan to take full advantage of TIW in under two weeks. We'll be sure to let the bartenders know we need the discount applied at the first mention of cashing out. One of my biggest restaurant pet peeves (in general, not necessarily at WDW) is when your party has decided to call it a night and no one seems to want to take your money!
I completely agree! In fact, everywhere we went, as SOON as I knew we wouldn't order more food or drinks, I asked for the bill so I could get it done. Typically, the wait was long to cash out so I was glad to get it done with before we sat there twiddling our thumbs wanting to get to the next thing.

And don't forget that if you have an AP (or Premium AP), you can get a discount on most merchandise. I have a premium AP and I LOVE the 20% discount!!! Even the spots that didn't do 20% (like RideMakerz) would sometimes offer 10% off.

Oh, and remember your AAA cards!!! I got 10% off at Earl of Sandwich and some other spots
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 03:27 AM   #1480
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars
 
Ziggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 696

I'm staying at the BWI CL and am wondering if its worth doing the online check-in or not? If I do it and don't like my room will I be able to change or if I do it will it speed up check-in? I can't make my mind up. I did send a room request for a room with twin beds, an Illuminations/garden view plus close to the lounge as my daughter has health problems.
__________________
Ziggy is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 04:42 AM   #1481
sfbank
DIS Veteran
 
sfbank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New London, Iowa
Posts: 1,006

Live reports coming soon! On our way to the airport after a scare last night with a call from Delta saying our flight was cancelled found one at a different airport that connects us with our Detroit flight so by 1:30 we should be with our Innkeepers gang!
__________________

sfbank is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 04:44 AM   #1482
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars
 
Ziggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
Live reports coming soon! On our way to the airport after a scare last night with a call from Delta saying our flight was cancelled found one at a different airport that connects us with our Detroit flight so by 1:30 we should be with our Innkeepers gang!
Have a fantastic time, looking forward to the reports
__________________
Ziggy is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 05:30 AM   #1483
nascargirl
DIS Veteran
 
nascargirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 528

Have a wonderful time and I expect to hear that you arrived safe and sound. Enjoy your time with the peeps. Have fun spending. I know you will.
__________________
nascargirl is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #1484
booksandbandaids
Earning My Ears
 
booksandbandaids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 34

WOW! Thanks for all the work. I look forward to reading through this more.
booksandbandaids is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #1485
sfbank
DIS Veteran
 
sfbank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New London, Iowa
Posts: 1,006

Nascargirl- you know I will spend but for right now these cancelled flights are really cutting in to my wine and beer money. We are still in Iowa and wasting money in the airport. Delta has cancelled two flights at two different airports. They did get us on an American airlines flight though. Hopefully I can start reporting soon
__________________

sfbank is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: