Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #1456
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakate27 View Post
Any one have any luck requesting adjoining deluxe club level rooms at BWI. I have been trying to chat online with Disney CM and from what I understand there are only 2 at BWI that adjoin. Anyone have any pictures or request them and get them or not? Basically looking for any information. Thanks
There are photos of the Deluxe room on the first page. A CONNECTING room would have a door that can be unlocked to gain access to the other Deluxe room. An ADJOINING room is just one Deluxe room next door to another. I don't know what the breakdown is of BWI adjoining Vs. connecting Deluxe rooms.

This is from the first page:

DELUXE CLUB LEVEL ROOMS sleep up to 6 and have 2 queens and 1 queen sleeper sofa. The Deluxe Room adds a seating area with a queen sleeper sofa, chair, coffee table, another flat screen TV and dresser. Rooms 3227 and 3229 adjoin. There are 10 Deluxe rooms: 5 are on the 4th (CL) floor and 5 are on the 3rd floor. All have views of the BoardWalk/Crescent Lake and are 644 square feet.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #1457
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
That's not something you ever hear in New york city! Glad you mostly enjoyed the trip, too bad about some of the hassles. I agree the 1BRs give a TON of room. Also about the bedroom being warmer than the living room, I had to wear a sweatshirt when watching TV in the living room, so we would have the bedroom nice and cool for sleeping. My wife likes it cool, so you can figure out how it ended up that way.

After a two stays around the contemporary over the last two years (one in CR, the other BLT), I agree having something like the Contempo Cafe would be a big "nice to have" at the Boardwalk. Even the kinda crappy Marketplace at the BC was good to have there, as well. Maybe somehow connecting an internal entrance to the Bakery would suffice. But I'm sure they won't ever make that expense.

As you mentioned, the location just totally can't be beat. It is a big part of what makes the Boardwalk our favorite (along with the atmosphere, theming, friendly CMs, nice rooms, etc.)
DH goes up every summer for 3 weeks with the kids. DH's family has a family run farm and ranch up in Montana. They cut sun up (when the dew point lowers) to sun down as long as it is hot and dry (they can't cut if the wheat and the equipment is wet). Here are some pics:

DH took this from his combine as they were traveling from one field to another. That's my BIL in the pic.

This is one of the combines loading wheat into the transportation truck. Definitely 'big sky' country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
We love the 1BDRs too. This year we're taking the in-laws so I booked a 2BDR. MIL was a little concerned about not having their own room, so I said you have a choice - I can book two regular rooms or you can have the kitchen plus w/d. I think it was the washer that sold her.

And you just can't beat the location. We're doing a split stay to try out AKV. 8 nights at BWV and 4 at AKV - Kidani. So I arranged the schedule with AK and an off-day at the end. But that last day will be Vote Day and I know I'll be kicking myself if we have to take a bus to Epcot.
The washer/dryer is the best!!! Too funny about the voting day

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #1458
mbrown027
Earning My Ears

Boardwalk Villa Beds

Hi everyone, just wanted to hear from previous guests of the BW and ask the all important question....Are the beds comfortable?
Old 08-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #1459
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown027 View Post
Hi everyone, just wanted to hear from previous guests of the BW and ask the all important question....Are the beds comfortable?
At BWV? Sure. Including the sleeper sofa.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #1460
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
At BWV? Sure. Including the sleeper sofa.
Agreed.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #1461
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
DH goes up every summer for 3 weeks with the kids. DH's family has a family run farm and ranch up in Montana. They cut sun up (when the dew point lowers) to sun down as long as it is hot and dry (they can't cut if the wheat and the equipment is wet). Here are some pics:

DH took this from his combine as they were traveling from one field to another. That's my BIL in the pic.

This is one of the combines loading wheat into the transportation truck. Definitely 'big sky' country!

Looks very peaceful, in the working your butt off kinda way.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #1462
mastermind307
Mouseketeer

Just rented points for standard view studio for June 1-8.

This will be our first time staying here. We've stayed at POR and POFQ so we're excited to try a new resort. We choose BWV because of the location, I like that we can walk to 2 different parks. Plus there's other resorts and stuff that's close.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #1463
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind307 View Post

This will be our first time staying here. We've stayed at POR and POFQ so we're excited to try a new resort. We choose BWV because of the location, I like that we can walk to 2 different parks. Plus there's other resorts and stuff that's close.
Yeah, the location is great. After we stayed there, we bought another small DVC contract there. Enjoy youe planning and have a great trip.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 08-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #1464
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

What do I need to know about shipping a small Christmas tree to BW? I have read there is a charge for them to hold it b/c its a convention hotel. Is this still true? Do we need to be in the room for it to be delivered? We are staying CL (dont know if that makes any difference).

Thanks for any help
Old 08-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #1465
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti
What do I need to know about shipping a small Christmas tree to BW? I have read there is a charge for them to hold it b/c its a convention hotel. Is this still true? Do we need to be in the room for it to be delivered? We are staying CL (dont know if that makes any difference).

Thanks for any help
Check out the sticky: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212

We're doing the same thing. I found a nice 2-foot tree on Amazon Prime. They won't delver it to you're room. You'll have to pick it up from the Business Center. I don't know how much the fee is because I've only ever shipped home before. But I'm assuming it's nominal. Has to be cheaper than luggage fees. :-)

Now I'm trying to figure out how to ditch the family so I can pick up the tree and set up the room on our arrival day.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #1466
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Check out the sticky: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212

We're doing the same thing. I found a nice 2-foot tree on Amazon Prime. They won't delver it to you're room. You'll have to pick it up from the Business Center. I don't know how much the fee is because I've only ever shipped home before. But I'm assuming it's nominal. Has to be cheaper than luggage fees. :-)

Now I'm trying to figure out how to ditch the family so I can pick up the tree and set up the room on our arrival day.
Great, I will check out that thread. Thank you
Old 08-05-2012, 04:46 AM   #1467
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Great, I will check out that thread. Thank you
In general I believe there is a $10 charge for anything shipped to the business center. Enjoy!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #1468
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown027 View Post
I agree with the others - the king bed in our 1 bdr villa was SO COMFORTABLE!!! I slept so well. And while I did not sleep on the pull out sofa, I did sit on it and they are different than the old pull outs. They are much sturdier and more comfortable. Also, Disney puts these mattress pads on the beds that are not only soft - but absorbent (I imagine they get lots of kid 'accidents' so it makes sense!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Looks very peaceful, in the working your butt off kinda way.
Exactly It gives me peace of mind that if I ever wanted to give up this crazy corporate job in the rat race of a big suburban city, I could. But it is a rough life living on a farm and ranch - especially in Montana where your biggest city is 7 hours away and the population was so excited when they got an Old Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind307 View Post

The walking to the parks is one of the best parts about this resort! If it is really hot while you are there, you can walk all the way to the end of the villas portion and take the end stairwell to get to the furthest point toward HS on the walkway. You can also enter this way as well, but you do need a room key to access the stairwell from the outside. It says 'after 8pm you need a room key' but I found that some of the doors did need a room key before 8 pm - some didn't. But I don't leave the room, let along the resort, without a room key anyway.

I never did figure out the closest entry point to Epcot so we just used the front entrances.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 08-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #1469
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Tables in Wonderland at Belle Vue Lounge

Just a fyi for those of you interested in using TIW at Belle Vue Lounge. I ordered a drink here one evening and got it to go. They do take TIW but they have to call a manager to get it applied. I didn't want to wait for the $1.50 or so it would have saved me so I didn't use it. I had the same issue at Tambu Lounge but there, we were sitting for awhile so right after we ordered our drinks, I had them call someone to apply the discount. It took a solid 10 minutes to get a manager to come and apply the discount. So I'm glad I didn't wait at Belle Vue. So just a fyi for those interested in using that discount at the lounge that it can take some time to get it applied.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #1470
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
...Exactly It gives me peace of mind that if I ever wanted to give up this crazy corporate job in the rat race of a big suburban city, I could. But it is a rough life living on a farm and ranch - especially in Montana where your biggest city is 7 hours away and the population was so excited when they got an Old Navy ....
Old Navy? We would have been thrilled with Wal-Mart. When I lived in Montana I used to drive 160 miles to go to Taco Bell and Target. Each way. I'd be thrilled to go back there and live again. I lived in the biggest town in Eastern Montana. Population about 9,000.

We'd go to inspect Nursing Homes on the High Line and be gone for three days to inspect two homes.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: