Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #1426
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

Staying BWI for the first time this September with DBF. He jsut returned from a week there with his son, DIL and grandkids. He had a perfect room, 3rd floor almost bove the bakery, and did a lot of scouting for me, since I am in an ECV to see the easiest way to get to places, etc. for me. Not that I would ever doubt my sweetie, but he says there is no way to walk outside from the quiet pool to the pool bar. For me that means I have to go in the building, up the elevator, across on the lobby level, down the elevator on the villas side and out. That sounds cumbersome and crazy. Can anyone verify? Thanks.

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
Old 07-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #1427
CanadianAli
Earning My Ears

Considering BWI for our upcoming December trip. Quick question...is there a spa/jacuzzi at the quiet pool on the BWI side or just the ones at the main pool and the Villas quiet pool?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #1428
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianAli View Post
Considering BWI for our upcoming December trip. Quick question...is there a spa/jacuzzi at the quiet pool on the BWI side or just the ones at the main pool and the Villas quiet pool?

I hope the image came out ok, I don't do these often!

This is a pic of the quiet pool on the BWI side.
I never went to the quiet pool, but I believe that is a hot tub there in the back of this pic.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #1429
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

So I have gotten through about half of this thread in the week since my wait list came through! Man! A lot of you are making CL sound appealing!! But alas, I have DVC to keep me happy for the time being!

So we are booked "Preferred View - Garden or Pool View." And as I read through the threads, it seems like even some of these rooms get a BW view even though they are not categorized as such. Am I misinterpreting what I'm reading? I'm having a real hard time visualizing the area, as I've only visited the resort once and it was mostly walking along the boardwalk.

All I can come up with so far is that I want a high floor! Can anyone help me with what kind of view to request for the villas? Obviously, I'd love a view of Illuminations or Wishes if that's possible, but I'm very confused!!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #1430
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
So I have gotten through about half of this thread in the week since my wait list came through! Man! A lot of you are making CL sound appealing!! But alas, I have DVC to keep me happy for the time being!

So we are booked "Preferred View - Garden or Pool View." And as I read through the threads, it seems like even some of these rooms get a BW view even though they are not categorized as such. Am I misinterpreting what I'm reading? I'm having a real hard time visualizing the area, as I've only visited the resort once and it was mostly walking along the boardwalk.

All I can come up with so far is that I want a high floor! Can anyone help me with what kind of view to request for the villas? Obviously, I'd love a view of Illuminations or Wishes if that's possible, but I'm very confused!!
With BWV, the BW view is a specific booking category for DVC points only. You could get the Village Green with Preferred, Garden or Pool which looks out on the grassy area between the BWI and BWV towards the boat dock.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #1431
Jeannie
Taking the slow route to 1000 posts
Can you swing by and pick me up?
Did the most amazing day just end, or is it just beginning?

We love the BW and have stayed many times at BWV and a couple of times at BWI. I just took the plunge and booked a BW Garden Cottage Suite. It's a very last minute decision, only 30 days out, but DH and I will be there for our 30th anniversary. Love the info I'm finding here about the lounge offerings. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get a cottage with a balcony.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #1432
sfbank
DIS Veteran

There is a jacuzzi with the quiet pool. Just beware of the extracurricular activities taking place occasionally My DD and her friends were only 11 at the time, so did not really need the education. One of them proceeded to announce "This is the quiet pool, not the nasty pool!" By the time I went and reported it they were gone. Ahhhhh the youth of today
Any other time the area is a relaxing place to be. DD and her friends like to swim there more than the busier Luna Park. I am a germaphobe so I don't set foot in public swimming pools or hot tubs but I like the quiet time.

Last edited by sfbank; 07-30-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #1433
kathie859
DIS Veteran

The quiet pool is nice. I really enjoyed it when I was there in March. The most people there at one time numbered 7! Only 2 kids and they were well behaved.

NOW....the hot tub.....was AWFUL. I hope it's been repaired. The jets were very weak and the hot tub was really a "not so hot" tub.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:38 AM   #1434
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

We love using the quiet pool/hot tube. We prefer that area way over the big pool. We too have experienced what sfbank has experienced but that didn't stop us from coming back. If anything the more people we had in the party, those individuals got the hint with our displeasure and disappeared.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:47 AM   #1435
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
There is a jacuzzi with the quiet pool. Just beware of the extracurricular activities taking place occasionally My DD and her friends were only 11 at the time, so did not really need the education. One of them proceeded to announce "This is the quiet pool, not the nasty pool!" By the time I went and reported it they were gone. Ahhhhh the youth of today
Any other time the area is a relaxing place to be. DD and her friends like to swim there more than the busier Luna Park. I am a germaphobe so I don't set foot in public swimming pools or hot tubs but I like the quiet time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascargirl View Post
We love using the quiet pool/hot tube. We prefer that area way over the big pool. We too have experienced what sfbank has experienced but that didn't stop us from coming back. If anything the more people we had in the party, those individuals got the hint with our displeasure and disappeared.
Eww, are these honeymooners from the cottages? I may find myself yelling "Get a room!"
Old 07-31-2012, 06:58 AM   #1436
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeniecat2442 View Post
hi everyone! ive read a few things on here about a secret staircase at BWI. where is it and where does it lead to? i know that the garden suites we are staying in are a bit of a hike to the CL...does this staircase cut the walk down? i have stayed at BWI in a regular room a few years back but I dont recall where the Garden Suites are located. a little over seven months until we go!!
I can't recall the exact directions from the GS, but hopefully someone else will remind us

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
Staying BWI for the first time this September with DBF. He jsut returned from a week there with his son, DIL and grandkids. He had a perfect room, 3rd floor almost bove the bakery, and did a lot of scouting for me, since I am in an ECV to see the easiest way to get to places, etc. for me. Not that I would ever doubt my sweetie, but he says there is no way to walk outside from the quiet pool to the pool bar. For me that means I have to go in the building, up the elevator, across on the lobby level, down the elevator on the villas side and out. That sounds cumbersome and crazy. Can anyone verify? Thanks.
That does sound like a bad route, but I can't recall a sidewalk going from the QP to the pool bar. Hopefully, someone else will know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post

Hi, Kathy. Nice to see you over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
We love the BW and have stayed many times at BWV and a couple of times at BWI. I just took the plunge and booked a BW Garden Cottage Suite. It's a very last minute decision, only 30 days out, but DH and I will be there for our 30th anniversary. Love the info I'm finding here about the lounge offerings. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get a cottage with a balcony.
You can email the IPO to verify that your balcony request is in your reservation. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary and get a GS with a balcony, Jeannie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
Old 07-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #1437
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

two more days until we return to the BWI. I cannot wait to see all my "family" at the Innkeeper's Club!!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:54 PM   #1438
CanadianAli
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much everyone. The pic of the quiet pool is perfect!
Old 07-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #1439
sfbank
DIS Veteran

KerryCM-Have a good visit-sorry we are just going to miss again I am in single digits!

Old 07-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #1440
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
I think that's right. I know I exited to the BWI quiet pool and couldn't find my way out to the Boardwalk. I asked a housekeeper that was headed to the Cottages and she told me I had to go back into the hotel and come out through the lobby. I agree with you; it is cumbersome and crazy!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: