Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #1396
sfbank
DIS Veteran

roydavid-have a great trip. We will be close behind and I am getting impatient!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #1397
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank
roydavid-have a great trip. We will be close behind and I am getting impatient!
Great to hear! When are you coming down?

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #1398
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Ya know, I've wondered the same thing! In fact, when we stayed CL last summer, I befriended Jackie, who works in the Inkeeper's Club. I emailed her recently to ask the same question! She had no idea, but when we go back next month, I intend to go on a quest to find out! I'll report my findings here.

Thanks! I look forward to reading about your findings! I should have asked Pete at the Innkeepers Club about it, but I didn't realize how much I enjoyed the smell until I got home!
Did someone say Jackie and Pete? Seriously, they (and the other CL CMs) are a big part of our decision to return to BWI CL in January. I could go on and on about how Jackie goes above and beyond and how Pete is one of the nicest guys ever. We're busy getting ready for our cruise next month, planning for MNSSHP in October, and trying to keep up with other threads on the board, but I need to get back over here again! Scott, please let Jackie know that the three "pirates" from last August are returning soon!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Old 07-27-2012, 04:28 AM   #1399
lauran cameron
One little spark of inspiration...

Just curious...anyone see resort specific bath robes being sold at BWV?

Old 07-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #1400
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
If we're talking BWV, then yes, you are correct, but if we are talking BWI, it's a different story. At the Inn, there's a quiet pool out back, but the rooms that face it are considered standard/garden views. Pretty sweet if you ask me (or should I say "suite"...ya know since it's a hotel......anyone?).

ANYWAY...
I would assume that if you're staying in a standard, that is a non-Club Level room, and you've booked a water view, then by George, you're going to be facing the Boardwalk.

The reason I mention non-Club Level, is that standard Club Level rooms can either face the (lovely) inner courtyards/quiet pool or they can face the Boardwalk. It's really a roll of the dice. In fact....and I probably shouldn't breathe this....I'm surprised Disney hasn't separated the Club Level views to charge more for the ones overlooking the Boardwalk.
A WV can also be located on the side rooms looking over the grassy area near the porch. We had booked a WV room the last time we stayed and almost received one of those rooms (we politely asked if we could be on the BW instead) and the Manager explained this to us - as long as you can see the water, even by turning your head, it's a water view lol.

Dec 09 YC CL Jan 09 YC Apr '08 WL and POR Jan '07 BWI Nov '05 Swan Oct '03 CBR
Old 07-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #1401
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Just wondering if there is anywhere close to the quiet pool on the Inn side to refill our mugs?
Old 07-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #1402
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbyday View Post
A WV can also be located on the side rooms looking over the grassy area near the porch. We had booked a WV room the last time we stayed and almost received one of those rooms (we politely asked if we could be on the BW instead) and the Manager explained this to us - as long as you can see the water, even by turning your head, it's a water view lol.
We loved overlooking the Village Green area since we could still see the water/dock/boats and the Boardwalk and performers plus it was a tad quieter than being directly on the BW. We requested to overlook the Village Green in Nov/ Dec it will be nice to look out and see the Christmas Tree they place there

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #1403
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
We loved overlooking the Village Green area since we could still see the water/dock/boats and the Boardwalk and performers plus it was a tad quieter than being directly on the BW. We requested to overlook the Village Green in Nov/ Dec it will be nice to look out and see the Christmas Tree they place there
In hindsight, I wish we had stayed with that room - we were moved to one right on the BW and the seagulls pooped all over it daily - the poor maintenance people were up there cleaning it every morning, but by late afternoon, full again! We couldn't even sit out there. Sometimes you are just better sticking with whatcha get :-)

Dec 09 YC CL Jan 09 YC Apr '08 WL and POR Jan '07 BWI Nov '05 Swan Oct '03 CBR
Old 07-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #1404
sfbank
DIS Veteran

roydavid-We fly out Aug 10th. Will be DH, DD, her BFF, and me of course. We stay on the Inn side Club Level where the best CMs ever are

Last edited by sfbank; 07-27-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #1405
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

OMG! Wait List Pixie Dust!

So, I was on page 20 of what evidently was the old thread! So now I have to read this thread, but I'm too excited to sit still. My wait list for the last 2 days of my trip for BWV came through!! YAY!! Time to read so I know what view to request, pool or garden?? EEEEK! So excited!!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #1406
weeniecat2442
Earning My Ears

garden cottages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw29 View Post
I was following this thread because BWI was a top contender for a stay for just DH and me for Night of Joy. I wanted to try a resort we'd never stayed at and we like the Epcot area. I read the entire thread over the past few days and by page 60 or so I was hooked. All the wonderful information convinced me to stay here for our trip next week! This morning we switched from SSR 2BR (which I found I wasn't looking forward to nor were my girls) to a garden cottage at BWI. I'm excited about the trip again! Club level in a resort area we love.

im staying CL in a cottage in march. would love to hear what you think of it after your stay! have fun!!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #1407
weeniecat2442
Earning My Ears

thanks for your tips!! sounds like flying fish is a favorite!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #1408
Koen
Earning My Ears

Well hello everyone! First post! Anyway I have a quick question, we are leaving for BWV in a week and I am curious about the coffee maker in the room. We have a one bedroom villa. Is it a generic Mr coffee style machine or a Keurig that uses the special cups?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-28-2012, 03:14 AM   #1409
lauran cameron
One little spark of inspiration...

I believe they are just generic simple coffee makers. I will certainly be packing extra filters for our trip and some take away cups so we can just make our own coffee in the morning save money and time!!!

WELCOME TO THE DIS

Old 07-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #1410
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbyday View Post
In hindsight, I wish we had stayed with that room - we were moved to one right on the BW and the seagulls pooped all over it daily - the poor maintenance people were up there cleaning it every morning, but by late afternoon, full again! We couldn't even sit out there. Sometimes you are just better sticking with whatcha get :-)
So sorry to hear you had seagull issues. Oh that would not be good at all we really enjoy the balcony in fact we ordered room service Breakfast our last morning and ate out on the balcony which might not have been possible if there were seagulls around

Will keep that in mind when we go to check in.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: