Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #1381
kawigrl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
we pack the Purel 3-in-1 sheets, but it sounds like they're hard to find nowadays,
we can only find them in Walmart
Old 07-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #1382
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Purex makes a pod-like pack too.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #1383
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Ugh, I'm truly starting to wonder if a deluxe CL room was the right choice!
For me, the balcony/view is terribly important, and from what I can tell, while the view is outstanding, the 10 deluxe rooms are somewhere amongst the 12 3rd and 4th floor windows over Seashore Sweets and Boardwalk Bakery. Of these rooms, 2 don't have any protection whatsoever, and the others have only the protection of the balcony above them or a small awning. Last year, we had a turret/gable like balcony at BWI and loved it because it completely protected us from the rain and we never felt like it was too hot or sunny out there (in the middle of August no less!). As it is, with just an awning, we wouldn't really be able to sit out there in a rain storm like we did last year (one of my fondest memories). Can anyone put my mind at ease, telling me we made the right choice?
Old 07-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #1384
Disney0010
Mouseketeer

I'm looking for the map that has been posted on this site over the years. I think Robo posted it but it shows the entire Boardwalk, YC and BC area. Does anyone have this that they could post?

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #1385
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Ugh, I'm truly starting to wonder if a deluxe CL room was the right choice!
For me, the balcony/view is terribly important, and from what I can tell, while the view is outstanding, the 10 deluxe rooms are somewhere amongst the 12 3rd and 4th floor windows over Seashore Sweets and Boardwalk Bakery. Of these rooms, 2 don't have any protection whatsoever, and the others have only the protection of the balcony above them or a small awning. Last year, we had a turret/gable like balcony at BWI and loved it because it completely protected us from the rain and we never felt like it was too hot or sunny out there (in the middle of August no less!). As it is, with just an awning, we wouldn't really be able to sit out there in a rain storm like we did last year (one of my fondest memories). Can anyone put my mind at ease, telling me we made the right choice?
Did you place a request for a balcony with an awning in your reservation? You can email the IPO and ask them to make sure that request is in your reservation. We all know that no request is guaranteed, so that would be true when booking a non-Deluxe room, too. At least with the Deluxe room, you are guaranteed a BW view

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney0010 View Post
I'm looking for the map that has been posted on this site over the years. I think Robo posted it but it shows the entire Boardwalk, YC and BC area. Does anyone have this that they could post?

Thanks.
Is this the one by Robo you're thinking of?
Old 07-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #1386
Disney0010
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Did you place a request for a balcony with an awning in your reservation? You can email the IPO and ask them to make sure that request is in your reservation. We all know that no request is guaranteed, so that would be true when booking a non-Deluxe room, too. At least with the Deluxe room, you are guaranteed a BW view

Is this the one by Robo you're thinking of?

It is. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #1387
Kaotica
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=Scott MC;45537872]Ya know, I've wondered the same thing! In fact, when we stayed CL last summer, I befriended Jackie, who works in the Inkeeper's Club. I emailed her recently to ask the same question! She had no idea, but when we go back next month, I intend to go on a quest to find out! I'll report my findings here.

Thanks! I look forward to reading about your findings! I should have asked Pete at the Innkeepers Club about it, but I didn't realize how much I enjoyed the smell until I got home!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #1388
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I didn't, but have worked this out by emailing and receiveing a reply that yes indeed, all deluxe CL rooms do in fact have an awning.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #1389
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't, but have worked this out by emailing and receiveing a reply that yes indeed, all deluxe CL rooms do in fact have an awning.
Unless they've added one since the end of June, I can see in the pic I took last month of Seashore Sweets that the center room, top floor (which is the Deluxe room we stayed in back in 2010) does not have an awning, which is the same thing you noticed in your earlier post. We loved that room, by the way, even with the somewhat small balcony and no awning.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 07-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #1390
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Unless they've added one since the end of June, I can see in the pic I took last month of Seashore Sweets that the center room, top floor (which is the Deluxe room we stayed in back in 2010) does not have an awning, which is the same thing you noticed in your earlier post. We loved that room, by the way, even with the somewhat small balcony and no awning.
Just to be on the safe side since it's so important to you, I would just email the IPO and have them add, "Balcony with awning, please" to your reservation. This way, Jackie or whomever assigns your room, will see your request.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #1391
jlw29
Mouseketeer

I was following this thread because BWI was a top contender for a stay for just DH and me for Night of Joy. I wanted to try a resort we'd never stayed at and we like the Epcot area. I read the entire thread over the past few days and by page 60 or so I was hooked. All the wonderful information convinced me to stay here for our trip next week! This morning we switched from SSR 2BR (which I found I wasn't looking forward to nor were my girls) to a garden cottage at BWI. I'm excited about the trip again! Club level in a resort area we love.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #1392
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

I searched through the info regarding Inkeepers Lounge and didnt see the info I was looking for, so here is my question...

Can someone give me the times for the different offerings offered in the CL lounge? Bkfst, snacks, appetizers, desserts/cordials. I want to be able to take advantage of as many of these offerings as possible, and I am trying to start finalizing our touring plans for Dec.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #1393
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw29 View Post
I was following this thread because BWI was a top contender for a stay for just DH and me for Night of Joy. I wanted to try a resort we'd never stayed at and we like the Epcot area. I read the entire thread over the past few days and by page 60 or so I was hooked. All the wonderful information convinced me to stay here for our trip next week! This morning we switched from SSR 2BR (which I found I wasn't looking forward to nor were my girls) to a garden cottage at BWI. I'm excited about the trip again! Club level in a resort area we love.
Congratulations on your big change! Those cottages are so cute! I hope you'll let us know how you liked your stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I searched through the info regarding Inkeepers Lounge and didnt see the info I was looking for, so here is my question...

Can someone give me the times for the different offerings offered in the CL lounge? Bkfst, snacks, appetizers, desserts/cordials. I want to be able to take advantage of as many of these offerings as possible, and I am trying to start finalizing our touring plans for Dec.

Thanks
Coffee is served at 0630 and when the lounge is open.
Breakfast: 0700 - 10:30
Snacks: 11:30 - 4:00
Appetizers: 5:00 - 7:00
Desserts: 8:00 - 10:00
Old 07-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #1394
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

Just to be on the safe side since it's so important to you, I would just email the IPO and have them add, "Balcony with awning, please" to your reservation. This way, Jackie or whomever assigns your room, will see your request.
Oh Jackie! It's actually her I've been talking to! She and Scott were our favorite CL staff members.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #1395
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

This time tomorrow, we'll be on our way to our very first DVC vacation! Our home is right across the lake at BCV, but we're super stoked to be staying at BWV! I'll be checking in frequently, so if anyoe has any questions, I'll do my best to answer while I'm there! Talk to you all soon!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: