Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #1306
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
The slide is open. Here are some pics from our stay. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=107

The BWI pool is very fun and relaxing. I can't say the same for the SAB pool over at the BC/YC. I know lots of people love SAB, but it just wasn't for us. Too crowded, loud, & hectic, and we hated the slide set up - how you have to walk so far (and out onto a public walkway) to get to it. We much prefer the BWI pool. Just a calmer, more relaxing vacation feel to it.

Hope that helps!
Thanks so much for posting the pictures. We'll be there in October for F&W and can hardly wait to stay at this beautiful resort!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #1307
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Thanks so much for posting the pictures. We'll be there in October for F&W and can hardly wait to stay at this beautiful resort!

You're welcome!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #1308
lucysmom
DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting the information about the slide, and thank you for the pictures. It does not look like there is much shade around the pool. From what I can see, the only feature to the pool that is not standard is the slide itself. Also, it looks shallow. Hmmmmm.......wouldn't it be nice if we could cut and paste together our perfect pool. In a virtual world, I guess. I will have to show the pictures to my DD and DH. If the BWI is not right for this trip, then it will definitely be our next trip.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #1309
gojoe
DIS Veteran

Shade

There is a nice area of shade, not quite half. That's where I like to hang out.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #1310
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Smile

Thank you for the wonderful thread, and all of the work that you have done updating and organizing, WDWKOOK. I really like all of the wonderful information and photos on the first several posts in this thread all in one place with links.

Now, I need to start reading all of the posts to see what information and photos everyone has posted.

I can't wait until December 4, 2012 for my Boardwalk Villa vacation.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:22 AM   #1311
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySharpton View Post
Thank you for the wonderful thread, and all of the work that you have done updating and organizing, WDWKOOK. I really like all of the wonderful information and photos on the first several posts in this thread all in one place with links.

Now, I need to start reading all of the posts to see what information and photos everyone has posted.

Awww, thank you, RaySharpton. I'm glad you've found the thread useful for planning your trip. If you have any questions, feel free to post anytime.

Happy planning and enjoy WDW during the holidays
Old 07-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #1312
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysmom View Post
Thank you for posting the information about the slide, and thank you for the pictures. It does not look like there is much shade around the pool. From what I can see, the only feature to the pool that is not standard is the slide itself. Also, it looks shallow. Hmmmmm.......wouldn't it be nice if we could cut and paste together our perfect pool. In a virtual world, I guess. I will have to show the pictures to my DD and DH. If the BWI is not right for this trip, then it will definitely be our next trip.

There is a lot of shade at the BWI pool. More than most of the WDW pools. That's one of the many reasons we enjoy it so much!

I'm not sure about the depth of the pool......maybe someone else knows....
Old 07-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #1313
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySharpton

We'll see you there! We arrive on the 3rd.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #1314
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
We'll see you there! We arrive on the 3rd.
That's great. I love going to Walt Disney World in early December. I have been going this time of the year for over a decade because of all of the Christmas lights, music and decorations at all of the parks and resorts and special events.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #1315
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySharpton

That's great. I love going to Walt Disney World in early December. I have been going this time of the year for over a decade because of all of the Christmas lights, music and decorations at all of the parks and resorts and special events.
It's our first time for Dec. We usually go in Oct or late Jan. we're very excited about all the Christmas stuff. And we're taking my in-laws this trip; it's their first time ever. So that should be pretty special. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 07-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #1316
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
It's our first time for Dec. We usually go in Oct or late Jan. we're very excited about all the Christmas stuff. And we're taking my in-laws this trip; it's their first time ever. So that should be pretty special. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You'll love the wonderful Boardwalk Christmas decorations in the Lobby.

A nice walk by sidewalk or boat taxi from Boardwalk to DHS to enjoy music and millions of lights in the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights.

A much closer walk or boat taxi to International Gateway to see Epcot's Candlelight Processional and the 930pm Illuminations with a special ending. And all the Epcot countrys with their version of Santa Claus and Christmas decorations.

A nice walk or boat taxi over to the Beach and Yacht Club to see their Christmas decorations and over to the Dolphin Resort to see their three story Lobby Christmas tree usually made of poinsettias, and the Swan Resort Christmas decorations.

Magic Kingdom at night with Mainstreet decorated in Christmas decorations and a night at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Take the monorail to see the Grand Floridian Resort's three story Lobby Christmas tree. Or take a boat taxi to Wilderness Lodge and see their three story Lobby Christmas tree. Another boat taxi stop to see the nightly Fort Wilderness Campground campers christmas decorations at night.

Downtown Disney all decorated along with the other resorts.

It will be hard to see everything, but I am going to try.

And everything is much more beautiful at nighttime with all of the Christmas lights.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #1317
gojoe
DIS Veteran

Lifeguards Saves Two

The pool is only about 4 feet deep, maybe deeper at the end of the slide.

It's deep enough to drown. Last week we were cooling off in the pool when a lifeguard jumped in to save a women. I didn't see him jump but I saw him getting her head above the water. Just then a second lifeguard jump in to save her husband. I mean I was looking right in their direction but never saw him in trouble. Good thing for him they pay attention. The third lifeguard jumped up to get a better angle on the rest of the pool. They are great.

Before this I had noticed how professional they were. Never taking their eyes off the pool area. Telling kids not to run, letting people know not to go head first down the slide and keep clear of the end of the slide.

To top it off the next day they had a mock drill. They were being recorded and timed. It looked like a guest volunteered. The were performing CPR. If someone wasn't hold a Training sign I would have sworn it was real. All I have to say is Wow.

I also noticed the pool is open for 24 hrs a day.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #1318
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojoe View Post
The pool is only about 4 feet deep, maybe deeper at the end of the slide.

It's deep enough to drown. Last week we were cooling off in the pool when a lifeguard jumped in to save a women. I didn't see him jump but I saw him getting her head above the water. Just then a second lifeguard jump in to save her husband. I mean I was looking right in their direction but never saw him in trouble. Good thing for him they pay attention. The third lifeguard jumped up to get a better angle on the rest of the pool. They are great.

Before this I had noticed how professional they were. Never taking their eyes off the pool area. Telling kids not to run, letting people know not to go head first down the slide and keep clear of the end of the slide.

To top it off the next day they had a mock drill. They were being recorded and timed. It looked like a guest volunteered. The were performing CPR. If someone wasn't hold a Training sign I would have sworn it was real. All I have to say is Wow.

I also noticed the pool is open for 24 hrs a day.
Wow, incredible story. In general I've noticed at all the WDW pools that the lifeguards seem to be serious and not speding time joking around with each other, BSing (or flirting) with guests, etc, as you might see at other pools or beaches. Maybe because this is their year-round livelihood and not just a summer job as is often the case elsewhere? Sounds like a great job by them.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 07-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #1319
Indians24
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know the pool hours?? I'd like to use the pools for a couple hours in the early morning during my trip this month, and I'm worried it doesn't open until 10 like SAB.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #1320
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indians24 View Post
Does anyone know the pool hours?? I'd like to use the pools for a couple hours in the early morning during my trip this month, and I'm worried it doesn't open until 10 like SAB.
I believe the pool is pretty much always open, it doesn't have a fence like SAB. They close the slide and the lifeguards leave, but we have been in the pool much later in the evening, with no problems.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: