Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #1276
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Now I'm not at all sports minded so I'm worried that I may find ESPN too noisy is that the case or are there any quiet corners there?
We ate there in May. We are not big sports people either, but we really liked ESPN! We went early, so we only had to wait about 10-15 minutes to be seated and it wasn't too awful crowded yet. We were seated in the restaurant section right along the windows that looked out onto the BW and we didn't find it too noisy at all! And the food was excellent.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #1277
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
We ate there in May. We are not big sports people either, but we really liked ESPN! We went early, so we only had to wait about 10-15 minutes to be seated and it wasn't too awful crowded yet. We were seated in the restaurant section right along the windows that looked out onto the BW and we didn't find it too noisy at all! And the food was excellent.
I agree, I think for lunch or early dinner if you sat in the side area, it may not be too bad. But the bar area is loud. We were one of the first people there for lunch, and they had some tennis game blasting over the speakers in the bar room.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #1278
jaredandjessica
Earning My Ears

Late check-in at BWV?

Hello, this is my first post! With all the knowledgeable folks on this board, I'm guessing someone knows the answer to my question!

First just a bit about our vacation: we're brand new DVC owners to be staying for the first time on points Sept 12 - 21 at Boardwalk in a 2 Bedroom Preferred. It was a lot of points but I'm sure it will be worth it! Myself and my husband, and my brother and his wife, my two younger siblings, and possibly my sister-in-law will be going with us. This will be our first time at the Boardwalk, we've typically stayed at OKW and loved it! But this time, since I figured it's just a bunch of late teens and 20-somethings that Boardwalk would be a wonderful choice

Anyway, I'm wondering whether late check-in on our first day will be a problem? We are arriving in Orlando at 5:15PM and then have dinner scheduled at the House of Blues at 7PM, followed by La Nouba at 9:00PM. Long day, I know ! Still, that all means we won't be back to check-in until 11:00PM! Does anyone know how that would work out? Or should we consider changing our plans?

Really appreciate anyone's input! Thanks, Jessica
Old 07-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #1279
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredandjessica View Post
Hello, this is my first post! With all the knowledgeable folks on this board, I'm guessing someone knows the answer to my question!

First just a bit about our vacation: we're brand new DVC owners to be staying for the first time on points Sept 12 - 21 at Boardwalk in a 2 Bedroom Preferred. It was a lot of points but I'm sure it will be worth it! Myself and my husband, and my brother and his wife, my two younger siblings, and possibly my sister-in-law will be going with us. This will be our first time at the Boardwalk, we've typically stayed at OKW and loved it! But this time, since I figured it's just a bunch of late teens and 20-somethings that Boardwalk would be a wonderful choice

Anyway, I'm wondering whether late check-in on our first day will be a problem? We are arriving in Orlando at 5:15PM and then have dinner scheduled at the House of Blues at 7PM, followed by La Nouba at 9:00PM. Long day, I know ! Still, that all means we won't be back to check-in until 11:00PM! Does anyone know how that would work out? Or should we consider changing our plans?

to the DIS and the BWI/BWV thread, Jessica!

I don't see how that would be a problem at all. The parking lot might be a little full by then (if you're driving), but bell services and the check-in desk are open 24/7. If you're concerned, could you just go from MCO to BWV, check-in and maybe eat on the BW instead and then take the bus to DTD for La Nouba?
Old 07-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #1280
jaredandjessica
Earning My Ears

Thank you WDWKOOK!

That is good to know, I thought it had to be 24/7 but wasn't certain. Yes, we will be driving - the parking lot is a bit of a scary prospect in its own right, maybe we'll use the valet parking in that case

I really love your idea of just eating somewhere on the Boardwalk instead! Thing is, my husband adores HoB (the jambalaya is is favorite) and we'd be breaking a 3 year tradition of going straight to that restaurant on our first night. He's a tradition kind of a guy and I think such a suggestion might cause him to short circuit Still, maybe I'll try to convince him

I thought of one other question, sorry if this has been asked already but - Does anyone have an opinion of the coffee you can get with the refillable mugs at BW? My older brother is a coffee snob and drinks it almost every morning. In terms of economy, getting the refillable mug for coffee just seems to be the best choice, rather than paying for a cup each morning.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #1281
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Thank you WDWKOOK!

That is good to know, I thought it had to be 24/7 but wasn't certain. Yes, we will be driving - the parking lot is a bit of a scary prospect in its own right, maybe we'll use the valet parking in that case

I really love your idea of just eating somewhere on the Boardwalk instead! Thing is, my husband adores HoB (the jambalaya is is favorite) and we'd be breaking a 3 year tradition of going straight to that restaurant on our first night. He's a tradition kind of a guy and I think such a suggestion might cause him to short circuit Still, maybe I'll try to convince him

I thought of one other question, sorry if this has been asked already but - Does anyone have an opinion of the coffee you can get with the refillable mugs at BW? My older brother is a coffee snob and drinks it almost every morning. In terms of economy, getting the refillable mug for coffee just seems to be the best choice, rather than paying for a cup each morning.
The coffee is really Nescafe. So if he is a coffee snob, he'll want to brew his own in the villa. They still have the 10-12 Mr Coffee style coffee pots. You'll need filters as well as the coffee.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #1282
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thank you WDWKOOK!

You're welcome and I can appreciate your DH not wanting to break tradition, but it might be more pragmatic, especially if your flight is somehow delayed. BTW, your arrival schedule wears me out!

The first page has many BW dinner choices (Epcot is an option, too) and menu links so maybe something would appeal to DH and you could do HoB as a new last night tradition? I've never had coffee at BWI other than CL, so I'm sorry I can't answer your coffee query.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #1283
jaredandjessica
Earning My Ears

Deb & Bill - Ok, thanks! I'm ignorant enough about coffee that I can't say I've tried that but I gather it's nothing special. I will let him know that he may want to think of other options for coffee. He could brew his own as you suggest - or I guess just get stuck with a 100$ coffee bill over 10 days for him and his wife!

WDWKOOK - You know I think you've convinced me to try something else for our first night! It would be nifty to actually get to explore the resort a bit and freshen up after the 5 hour flight from Seattle And if looking at our first day wears you out, I definitely shouldn't share the rest of our itinerary! This is the mistake we just keep on making though - cramming too much into our vacation
Old 07-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #1284
bwifan
Mouseketeer

When we were at the BWI about 2 weeks ago I noticed something different at some of the restaurants. The coffee was not Nescafé! I asked the waitress at askershus why the coffee was so much better, drinkable even. She said they were using some whole beans from Jeffrey's or joffreys. Anyway the coffee was good and my mother said the bell vue lounge also had good coffee. I don't know about the places outside on the boardwalk, but for the first time ever I enjoyed my morning coffee.

And I agree ESPN is great. We always go here on our first day and it's so nice to escape the blazing heat. It's like a cave that sells food. Awesome. I've never been bugged by the noise but then we usually go at off times in early or late afternoon. I really like the hamburgers and that turkey thing with cranberry and Brie.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #1285
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:

There's a big advantage to staying at the Boardwalk and late check-in if your don't have a car. We've arrived late to both OKW and Saratoga Springs and had to wait for bell services to drive us to our room. When it's really late, like after midnite, that can be a bit of a pain. At Boardwalk, you don't have that problem, since you can go right to your room.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #1286
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Just got my Mickey mail today! Got my DME vouchers and luggage tags, I CANNOT WAIT! Boardwalk here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 07-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #1287
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydavid7771 View Post
Just got my Mickey mail today! Got my DME vouchers and luggage tags, I CANNOT WAIT! Boardwalk here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #1288
Ackpack
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydavid7771
Yay! Anxiously awaiting ours

1997-2001: Day trips 2002: All Star Music; 2008: Old Key West; 2011: WBC (first trip with our little guy!); 2012: Boardwalk Villas

Old 07-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #1289
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

We're getting close as well ....checking in at BWV 8/17. Everyone is getting excited!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #1290
WDWKOOK

New Fall Savings?

Mary just posted this to the MouseSavers website:

I think a big fall offer for Walt Disney World resorts is coming next week! Watch here and the MouseSavers Facebook page for information as soon as it's official.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: