Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #1261
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

I know the Deluxe CL rooms overlook the Boardwalk, but my question is, can you see any fireworks from those rooms? This is our first time staying in the BW area.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2012, 04:33 AM   #1262
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

debrapagliasotti-No you cannot see the fireworks if you have a boardwalk view. I you want a view of them, ask for a view facing Paris. You have chosen a wonderful resort. We love staying CL at the BWI.
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #1263
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I know the Deluxe CL rooms overlook the Boardwalk, but my question is, can you see any fireworks from those rooms? This is our first time staying in the BW area.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascargirl View Post
debrapagliasotti-No you cannot see the fireworks if you have a boardwalk view. I you want a view of them, ask for a view facing Paris. You have chosen a wonderful resort. We love staying CL at the BWI.
That is not entirely true. You actually can see fireworks, but not the ones that you would expect. You can see Wishes! You can actually see the top of Wishes from over the Beach Club. We totally weren't expecting it at all, but noticed it one of the first few nights, and ended up seeing them almost every night. Not as close as seeing Illuminations would be if you had one of those Paris-facing rooms, but it is still fireworks.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 06-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #1264
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

We have dinner ADR's for Cape May at BC and Flying Fish at BW. We will have a car and plan on spending time at World Showcase before/after each meal so it will be convenient to go through International Gateway. I know BW has a large parking area and am wondering if we should park there for both Cape May (and walk all the way down to BC) and FF? I'm aware that resorts will give you a 3 hour or so parking pass if you have an ADR or we can pay to park valet, however, I remember on previous trips parking at a 2nd BW lot that was not as policed. Is that still the case?
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #1265
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascargirl View Post
Ok thanks. I was reading a TR and someone had a BW view room and they could see fireworks, but I think they were staying in BWV, so it just made me curious. We are booked in Dlx CL room and are super excited about that view. Cant wait to stay there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
That is not entirely true. You actually can see fireworks, but not the ones that you would expect. You can see Wishes! You can actually see the top of Wishes from over the Beach Club. We totally weren't expecting it at all, but noticed it one of the first few nights, and ended up seeing them almost every night. Not as close as seeing Illuminations would be if you had one of those Paris-facing rooms, but it is still fireworks.
OOH, ok, I will be on the lookout for those
Old 06-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #1266
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
We have dinner ADR's for Cape May at BC and Flying Fish at BW. We will have a car and plan on spending time at World Showcase before/after each meal so it will be convenient to go through International Gateway. I know BW has a large parking area and am wondering if we should park there for both Cape May (and walk all the way down to BC) and FF? I'm aware that resorts will give you a 3 hour or so parking pass if you have an ADR or we can pay to park valet, however, I remember on previous trips parking at a 2nd BW lot that was not as policed. Is that still the case?
If you are not a guest of the resort, especially if you are not even visiting the resort (in this case BW), you shouldn't be parking there to visit the theme parks. You are usually welcome to park at a resort while you are dining there, but you really need to move your vehicle when you move from the resort to the theme park.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #1267
bwifan
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say we're back! We stayed in a concierge deluxe room from June 17th to the 24th. The room was awesome. 4th floor. Great view. Just the right size for 2 adults and 3 children. Pull out was big and comfy. Housekeeping was thorough. The concierge staff was attentive and helpful at every turn. Sorry, I don't have any names as this was our first visit to the concierge level and I was usually chasing a spirited two year old at any given time. Lounge offerings were good, convenient for breakfast as we are not big early eaters. The kids loved the afternoon cookies and the DH and I liked the evening offerings. While not especially varied, we always found something we liked.

Overall it was a great trip, my best vacation ever actually. I was nervous about the crowds and the heat, but the gods smiled upon us or something for the weather was mostly beautiful and the crowds very manageable. No rude CM's, no mean people. Even the south American tour groups I have read so much about were no trouble at all. I will say this was going to be my last Disney vacation if it was as miserable as the previous two, but it looks as if I have some planning to do. Shooting for early December 2013. My kids loved it so much, especially the two year old. She was constantly smiling. And that made for a great time.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #1268
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwifan View Post
Just wanted to say we're back! We stayed in a concierge deluxe room from June 17th to the 24th. The room was awesome. 4th floor. Great view. Just the right size for 2 adults and 3 children. Pull out was big and comfy. Housekeeping was thorough. The concierge staff was attentive and helpful at every turn. Sorry, I don't have any names as this was our first visit to the concierge level and I was usually chasing a spirited two year old at any given time. Lounge offerings were good, convenient for breakfast as we are not big early eaters. The kids loved the afternoon cookies and the DH and I liked the evening offerings. While not especially varied, we always found something we liked.

Overall it was a great trip, my best vacation ever actually. I was nervous about the crowds and the heat, but the gods smiled upon us or something for the weather was mostly beautiful and the crowds very manageable. No rude CM's, no mean people. Even the south American tour groups I have read so much about were no trouble at all. I will say this was going to be my last Disney vacation if it was as miserable as the previous two, but it looks as if I have some planning to do. Shooting for early December 2013. My kids loved it so much, especially the two year old. She was constantly smiling. And that made for a great time.
Thank you for posting your mini BWI TR. I'm glad that WDW redeemed itself and you're looking forward to planning a trip back next year.

I laughed when I read "Spirited 2-year-old." I think they all come pre-wired that way and being at WDW can bring out the best and the worst at that age.

Happy planning!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #1269
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Just booked a studio at the boardwalk villas for october ..anyone have any pictures?! TIA

Old 06-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #1270
psac
DIS Veteran

Important Burger Update

So we're live from the Beach Club for a short trip, and I have an important burger update for the Boardwalk area. Over our multiple trips, after trying Beaches & Cream, Fountains, Captains Grill, and ESPN finally for lunch yesterday, I think we have a new winner. The ESPN cheddar bacon burger wins by a landslide. Way better than any of the other burgers in the area.

The ice cream at Seashore Sweets was a nice follow up, too. The sundae creations at B&C are better, but for something closer and with much short lines, SSweets does well, very generous scoops.

That is all.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 06-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #1271
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
So we're live from the Beach Club for a short trip, and I have an important burger update for the Boardwalk area. Over our multiple trips, after trying Beaches & Cream, Fountains, Captains Grill, and ESPN finally for lunch yesterday, I think we have a new winner. The ESPN cheddar bacon burger wins by a landslide. Way better than any of the other burgers in the area.

The ice cream at Seashore Sweets was a nice follow up, too. The sundae creations at B&C are better, but for something closer and with much short lines, SSweets does well, very generous scoops.

That is all.
ESPN club is one of our frequent returns. Yes, it is just bar food, but all the TVs and pitchers of beer make it a fun place.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 06-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #1272
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
Just booked a studio at the boardwalk villas for october ..anyone have any pictures?! TIA
Here is a YouTube BWV Studio tour from 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF4ezU2pZkw

Quote:

That is all.
That WAS important. Thanks for the burger 411 and have a great short trip!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #1273
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
ESPN club is one of our frequent returns. Yes, it is just bar food, but all the TVs and pitchers of beer make it a fun place.
Now I'm not at all sports minded so I'm worried that I may find ESPN too noisy is that the case or are there any quiet corners there?
Old 06-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #1274
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Now I'm not at all sports minded so I'm worried that I may find ESPN too noisy is that the case or are there any quiet corners there?
It's pretty noisy. Even if not a sports game, they have TVs everywhere - even in the bathrooms. There is the bar side and restaurant side, but the restaurant side is loud as well. After a pitcher of beer, you might not really care anymore though.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 06-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #1275
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
It's pretty noisy. Even if not a sports game, they have TVs everywhere - even in the bathrooms. There is the bar side and restaurant side, but the restaurant side is loud as well. After a pitcher of beer, you might not really care anymore though.
Thanks, its just me and my daughter and on the day I was thinking of visiting we will have just flown in from the UK and have major jetlag, I guess it's not a good idea as I'm cranky when tired, think we'll try the Brewery place or B&C.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: