Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #1231
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Miscellaneous Photos

Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 06-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #1232
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Lounge photos

Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #1233
AWish
Mouseketeer

I just booked a 2 bedroom villa at Boardwalk Villas. Does it look like the pictures directly above this post, or are the rooms not yet renovated?
Old 06-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #1234
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Are these pics of the Villas or BWI?

Is there a renovation going on?
Old 06-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #1235
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

i_heart_the_mouse: Thank you for posting your terrific photos! They will look great on the first page. Congratulations on the upgrade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWish View Post
I just booked a 2 bedroom villa at Boardwalk Villas. Does it look like the pictures directly above this post, or are the rooms not yet renovated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Are these pics of the Villas or BWI?

Is there a renovation going on?
The photos are of the Two Bedroom Suite at BWI not BWV.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #1236
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
i_heart_the_mouse: Thank you for posting your terrific photos! They will look great on the first page. Congratulations on the upgrade!

The photos are of the Two Bedroom Suite at BWI not BWV.
You are quite welcome. Feel free to post whatever you'd like and thanks for the kind thoughts.

Sorry I didn't specify BWI/BWV, thanks for clarifying

Old 06-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #1237
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWish View Post
The decor in the villas is quite different from the decor in the inn. Villas were renovated about three years ago.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #1238
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
You are quite welcome. Feel free to post whatever you'd like and thanks for the kind thoughts.

You mentioned in your first photo post that it was a suite, but then the photos continued onto another page, so the PPs probably didn't see your comment.

Thanks again for providing such elusive photos!
Old 06-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #1239
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

Thanks for shareing the photos of the Suite and Lounge

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 06-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #1240
WDWKOOK

i_heart_the_mouse's elusive two bedroom BWI suite photos have been posted to the first page with a link to more of her photos that I couldn't fit in the post.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #1241
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Beautiful pictures. All that space is wonderful. Over on the DVC side for us, we can do a studio trip twice a year or a 1 BR once a year. We have done both, but currently take the two trips. Seeing those pics makes me want to do the 1 BR. It must have been so relaxing to stay there. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 06-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #1242
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
i_heart_the_mouse's elusive two bedroom BWI suite photos have been posted to the first page with a link to more of her photos that I couldn't fit in the post.
Awww, thanks! Great job!

Old 06-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #1243
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

We are just back tonight from seven fabulous nights in a 2 BR villa at BWV. We all loved the resort, and DH (who is not a big Disney fan) gave it an A+. The location was great, as we knew it would be from previous stays at Beach Club. The room was clean and quiet, and not terribly far from the elevators. We all thought the elevators were very quick - even though there is only one bank of elevators on the villa side, we never had to wait more than a minute for an elevator.

A few random thoughts that might help someone else:

We had rooms 4105 and 4107. 4105 was the one bedroom, and it had a great view of the Illuminations fireworks. 4107 had a great view of a very large tree.

I had heard about the bad parking at BWV, but we thought it was fine. We parked in the lot located to the right as you are entering Boardwalk, and we always found a close spot. We used the stairs near our room to get to the parking lot. We thought it was just as close as parking at the other deluxes. I'm sure it is much busier during Food and Wine.

Both pullouts (queen in the living room and full in the studio) were rated very comfortable by the kids (13 and 9). DD13 was in the studio with her best friend and let her friend have the queen bed by herself. I tried out both and thought they were comfortable, but I didn't sleep on them.

We always walked to Epcot. We took the boat to DHS and got off at Swan/Dolphin on the way back.

I missed having a make-up mirror in the bathroom. I am used to having one at the Deluxe resorts, so I didn't pack one. No big deal, but it would be nice to have one. I thought the lighting was good in the bathrooms - so much better than at AKL or Poly.

Our dryer took forever to dry the clothes. Also no big deal, but if you are in room 4105, be prepared for a long dry cycle. We got caught in the rain a few times, so it was nice to be able to wash and dry clothes. I did not call maintenance about the dryer - probably should have for the next guest.

We drove to MK and AK - we had early breakfasts at MK and AK one day each, and DH had a tour at MK on a morning EMH day. We were early enough to park very close and took the resort monorail over to MK.

The kids enjoyed the pool, but none of them (DD13, her 13 year old BFF, and DD9) liked the slide. They went down one after the other, and the first words out of each of their mouths were that the slide hurt. I think they were all lying on their backs, so it might have been better sitting up. They each only went down one time. DD9 particularly enjoyed the activities at the pool in the afternoons.

We were definitely spoiled with the 2 BR and the location, and we would definitely stay here again. I'd like to try the Inn side if it is just our family, but the separate room and second bathroom was great with a friend along.

Thanks for all the info in this thread!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #1244
skalenik
Earning My Ears

We will be staying at the Boardwalk for the first time in about two weeks and are very excited. My husband and I are just wondering if anyone knew the height requirement for the waterslide in the pool area? Although the kids are a little weary of the clown, they are excited that there is a waterslide at the hotel and are anxious to go on it. They have a sense of bravery to try all things new this time around since they have reached the 40 inch milestone and are now able to go on some of the coasters. Wanted to prepare them as to whether or not they could do the waterslide prior to getting to the resort to avoid any issues once we arrive. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #1245
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Just back today from a split stay which included five nights at BWI club level. I wanted to take a few minutes to write up our thoughts of the resort for anyone who might be interested. I'm going to be doing a full trip report, but it's going to take a bit to get all that together (pics and all) so I thought I'd do this first.

We were in room 4252, with a garden view and view of the Eiffel tower in Epcot off to the left. It's just what I requested. Very quiet and peaceful. It was a few rooms in from the CL card access door and down the hall a bit from the lounge. The room was very clean, and mousekeeping did a wonderful job daily. No towel animals (except for check in day) but everything was truly impeccable. I ate most of the chocolates left on our check in day by myself. Turn down service was lovely. The saltwater taffy was tasty and several times we received these adorable cards with nostalgic pictures and quotes on them. Sweet.

The actual resort is AWESOME. I absolutely loved it. My husband thought the decor was a bit frilly for him, but I thought the theme was fantastic and so well done. It wasn't too confusing to get around in or anything. We both loved how throughout the resort there were cozy little sitting rooms--lots of places to relax. We really enjoyed being on the boardwalk and several times we ate at the BW pizza window and at BW bakery. Both were great. DH had a chicken salad at BW bakery that was really good, I had a tomato/mozz sandwich that was delicious, and a tiramisu that was divine.

We spent one morning at the pool and it was awesome. The kids loved it. My older son went down the waterslide several times and I joined him a lot. It was a blast! I'm really glad we were able to fit some pool time in this trip. A word of note--if you want life jackets, they are over in Community Hall by one of the quiet pools and you need to check them out. They're not just out by the pool like the are in other resorts.

Of course, you seriously, seriously cannot beat the location. It is perfect. I think the walk to Epcot was ten minutes, if that. DHS maybe 15. Watching Illuminations and then just walking back, not having to deal with the crowds--just priceless. I loved the feel of the boardwalk--so fun and festive. And the view across the lake of BC and YC was beautiful.

As for the club level experience--I honestly don't have any complaints. I think by now we've all heard the accolades sung about the BWI Innkeepers Club CMs and all I can say it--the praise is true. They are amazing people. So kind, friendly, genuine. Joe and Anita conversed with my younger son (who would talk for hours to a tree) and didn't mind at all--they seemed to be enjoying themselves. Pete, who checked us in, was so kind. Anita was a COMPLETE blast and so much fun to chat with. Lorenzo sang made up songs about my DS2's name that had me chuckling. Also, one morning my DH wanted to make egg salad with the hard boiled eggs they have, and he asked if they had any mayo. They didn't, but Lorenzo went all the way down to the first floor to get him some. Totally and completely over the top kind. Cecelia was so wonderful to me--one morning when I was taking breakfast back to the room for my family, they were out of trays and she gladly helped me carry everything down the hall. It really is true that these people are one of a kind.

The lounge is pretty big. We never had a problem finding somewhere to sit, no matter when we visited. They always had the tv on, usually to Disney XD or something that made my boys happy. The food was always replenished when it started to run low--they never ran out of anything. The schedule is:
6:30 - 7 am: coffee
7 - 10:30am: breakfast
11am - 4pm(I think): snacks
5 - 7pm: evening appetizers
8 - 10pm: dessert/cordials

Breakfast was oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins, cranberries, and slivered almonds, hard boiled eggs, mini muffins (blueberry, choc chip, or lemon poppy seed), breads (banana, apple, cinnamon), grapes, strawberries, cantaloupe, bagels, croissants, yogurt. In addition to coffee there was tea, OJ, whole milk and skim milk, and chocolate milk.

Snacks were goldfish, trail mix, choc covered almonds and raisins, the house made chips, swedish fish, cookies.

Evening appetizers--they always did a selection of cheeses and crackers, and rotated things like tabouleh and pita, vegetables and dip, lamb or pork skewers (I can't remember which meat), samosas, rice pilafs. All very good. They also put beer and wine out.

Desserts were things like little cannoli, baklava, small choc cakes. They had several cordials to accompany them.

All that said, we almost definitely won't stay CL again. While the convenience is great, for our family it doesn't justify the cost, as we still spend a ton of time in the parks. But I am so happy and grateful we were able to try it!!

Now, the downsides. Honestly, there aren't many. The lack of onsite counter service is kind of a bummer, but not too big of a deal. Heading out to the BW really doesn't take long at all.

We had one experience that was bizarre. We had a package shipped to the resort and I realized one morning that we hadn't heard if it had been delivered. I checked online and it had been, two days prior (it wasn't crucial that we had it immediately so neither DH nor I was thinking about it). I learned it was in the Business Center. They never called me or anything. Odd. I went down to pick it up and I had to pay a processing fee. That was annoying, but mostly i don't understand why they didn't at least call to let us know it had arrived. At CBR, where we had just been, we actually had two packages delivered and each time they just brought them up to the room. So I am not sure what happened over at the Boardwalk. Hardly the end of the world, but sort of odd.

But truly, the biggest downside was the buses. The BWI appears to be picked up first and dropped off last virtually everywhere, and while it generally guarantees you get a seat when going to a park, getting there takes a really long time. The buses stop at BWI, then Swan, Dolphin, and if there's still room, the BC and YC. And on the way back from a park, the BWI is usually the last stop, so we were on there a long time.

It felt to us like the buses were more crowded this year as opposed to last year, but that could just be our perception. Nevertheless, the bus situation kind of sucked. I realize you are sort of taking public transit but travel time was more than I'd expected.

All that said, the BWI is a beautiful resort and I really loved it. Truly a gorgeous hotel. If you are considering staying there, I would absolutely recommend it (as long as you are okay with buses to MK and AK taking a while).

2011: WDW, Wilderness Lodge | 2012: WDW, Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge | 2013: WDW, Polynesian CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL | 2013: DLR, Candy Cane Inn

Up next: CCI/GCH, August 2014

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: