Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #1201
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhedjen View Post
I am trying to find a ticker to add to my sig now, lol. But...we're there August 15-23rd.
That'd be pretty neat if some of our days overlapped

Are those balcony pictures of the Deluxe balconies or the regular room ones? We've been looking at those pics and weren't sure.

Is there even a difference??
Hmm. That is a good question. I always assumed they were the same, but they could not be. I don't know. Anyone???
We are arriving on the 23rd. Too bad!! My kids love meeting others at the pool. I hope you have a fabulous trip!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #1202
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Hmm. That is a good question. I always assumed they were the same, but they could not be. I don't know. Anyone???
We are arriving on the 23rd. Too bad!! My kids love meeting others at the pool. I hope you have a fabulous trip!
If you can find a picture with Seashore Sweets in it, those are the deluxe rooms above it. Right on the "roof" are the third floor balconies (and you'll see they're much bigger and basically connected in a row), and above those are the fourth floor balconies, which are smaller and "free standing" (not connected to each other.

Ps -- speaking of Seashore Sweets, one of my best tips which I haven't given in a while, is that when we were there in November, the hand scooped ice cream portions were HUGE. We'd get two scoops and eat half and save half (we were in the villa side with a freezer) for the next day. Perfect for sharing with two people if you can't save.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #1203
psac
DIS Veteran

I found it, hopefully this link works:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/62294409

Click the picture for larger version.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 06-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #1204
deadhedjen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
If you can find a picture with Seashore Sweets in it, those are the deluxe rooms above it. Right on the "roof" are the third floor balconies (and you'll see they're much bigger and basically connected in a row), and above those are the fourth floor balconies, which are smaller and "free standing" (not connected to each other.

Ps -- speaking of Seashore Sweets, one of my best tips which I haven't given in a while, is that when we were there in November, the hand scooped ice cream portions were HUGE. We'd get two scoops and eat half and save half (we were in the villa side with a freezer) for the next day. Perfect for sharing with two people if you can't save.

Thank you!! I will have to show the pic to the family tonight.

Can I ask if you are familiar with the stairwell that leads from the 3rd floor rooms to the 4th floor lounge? Is it a far walk if we opt for the 3rd floor room?

Me , DH , DS19 , DD17 , DD14 , and DD11

Old 06-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #1205
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you!! I will have to show the pic to the family tonight.

Can I ask if you are familiar with the stairwell that leads from the 3rd floor rooms to the 4th floor lounge? Is it a far walk if we opt for the 3rd floor room?
We were in the 4th floor center room, so we didn't have to use those stairs, I'm sure others can chime in. We loved the room we had. I can't imagine it's a far walk, it's one floor, then through the door and hallway to the lounge, the latter parts of which you'd have to do from the 4th floor anyway!
Old 06-09-2012, 05:23 AM   #1206
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

God, I need something to cheer me up!

My wife and I have trying to plan our first DVC vacation ever since we joined last October. After a bunch of changes in dates, family members joining us, and acoomodations. we finally settled on the July 27-August 4 in a 2 BR at BWV! Finally getting psyched for this!

Now there is a possibility that we may not be able to take that week off from work. Normally we're pretty flexible, but there is zero availability anywhere save for OKW or SSR for a 2BR, and we have no interest in staying at either place. Let's hope we can stay on our original plan!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 06-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #1207
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydavid7771 View Post
God, I need something to cheer me up!

My wife and I have trying to plan our first DVC vacation ever since we joined last October. After a bunch of changes in dates, family members joining us, and acoomodations. we finally settled on the July 27-August 4 in a 2 BR at BWV! Finally getting psyched for this!

Now there is a possibility that we may not be able to take that week off from work. Normally we're pretty flexible, but there is zero availability anywhere save for OKW or SSR for a 2BR, and we have no interest in staying at either place. Let's hope we can stay on our original plan!
Ah yes, the whole family thing. We tried that one year, and after suffering that ordeal (similar to yours), we just decided that we would book our vacation at 11months out where we wanted to stay. If we could coordinate something later with family and rooms were available, then we would try and work it out. We first bought into SSR, than later at BLT & BWV. I liked both resorts although they are quite different than BWV. Good luck.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 06-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #1208
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Ah yes, the whole family thing. We tried that one year, and after suffering that ordeal (similar to yours), we just decided that we would book our vacation at 11months out where we wanted to stay. If we could coordinate something later with family and rooms were available, then we would try and work it out. We first bought into SSR, than later at BLT & BWV. I liked both resorts although they are quite different than BWV. Good luck.
Thanks Goofy. All of the changes we've made are enough to kill mere mortals. Our most recent plans were the ones most set in stone, I just hope we don't have to change them again. Cross your fingers.

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 06-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #1209
Stoneham92
Mouseketeer

So what were the price points for Beer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Yes they do sell Beer over there and it should be less expensive compared to purchasing it at the Boardwalk's Screen Door General Store.
Was it worth the walk to Hess for the Beer? Are there sidewalks to get there?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 2015: WDW Marathon Volunteer /Jan 2014: WDW Marathon Volunteer - BWV /February 2013: 50th Celebration - BWV / Jan 2012: WDW Marathon Volunteer - Ft.Wilderness / July 2010: Brothers Free Birthday - WDW Dolphin / April 2007: Brother-in-law's family 1st trip - BWV / July 2004: Disneyland / Red sox Game / Feb 2003:40th Birthday Bash - WDW Dolphin / July 2001: Disney Magic / Feb 1997: Kids 1st trip - Ft. Wilderness / April 1986: Work friend / April 1976: 1st trip to DisneyWorld / July 1970: 1st trip to Disneyland

Old 06-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #1210
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

deadhedjen-We have used the stairs on several occasions and it is not a bad walk at all especially if you are coming from your room. Now if we were coming back from the parks we would just take the elevator right to the 4th floor and head to the lounge.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #1211
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixcats View Post
Disney does not provide bubble bath. As soon as we get off of the plane at MCO we hit the Lush store for bubble bars!
Thanks - I'll go add that to my list of things to get pre-trip - we won't have a car

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 06-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #1212
deadhedjen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascargirl View Post
deadhedjen-We have used the stairs on several occasions and it is not a bad walk at all especially if you are coming from your room. Now if we were coming back from the parks we would just take the elevator right to the 4th floor and head to the lounge.
Thank you! We're going to request the larger balcony then. Crossing fingers we get it

Old 06-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #1213
deadhedjen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixcats View Post
Disney does not provide bubble bath. As soon as we get off of the plane at MCO we hit the Lush store for bubble bars!
MCO has a Lush store???!!

Definitely going to make a pit stop there. Either on our way to DME or before we head back home. Love the stuff at Lush.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #1214
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! We're going to request the larger balcony then. Crossing fingers we get it
We had the same debate and ended up going with the 4th floor and the smaller balcony, and we were sorry we did. One of the BEST parts of staying at the BWI is sitting out on your balcony and people watching/taking in the atmosphere! Unfortunately, we had to do so in shifts because the balcony was so small.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 06-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #1215
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I can't remember if I asked this so I'm sorry if this is a repeat question!

I am staying on cash at BWV in a 1 BDR villa. When we stayed at WLV, we took a bunch of bubble baths but I can't remember if I brought my own or if they provided any.

The question is - does BWV provide bubble bath as part of the toiletries in a 1 BDR villa for folks staying on cash?

Thanks!
Dont' turn on the jets in the jacuzzi tub if you have bubble bath in the tub. You will have a big mess as a result.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: