Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #1186
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Booked CL for Dec. I am quickly approaching my 2 week (this Thurs) mark until ADR date (June 21). I have not heard anything from IPO yet...when should I hear from them?
Old 06-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #1187
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Booked CL for Dec. I am quickly approaching my 2 week (this Thurs) mark until ADR date (June 21). I have not heard anything from IPO yet...when should I hear from them?
Go ahead and send them an email now with your confirmation # in the subject heading: Boardwalk.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com

Tell them the dates you're booked and that you've not heard from them yet. You can even let them know now what you need them to do for you (ADRs, reservations, room requests, etc...) You'll get an immediate robo-email and then soon after that, you'll get a response from the YC/BC IPO (they are the IPO for BWI).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #1188
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Go ahead and send them an email now with your confirmation # in the subject heading: Boardwalk.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com

Tell them the dates you're booked and that you've not heard from them yet. You can even let them know now what you need them to do for you (ADRs, reservations, room requests, etc...) You'll get an immediate robo-email and then soon after that, you'll get a response from the YC/BC IPO (they are the IPO for BWI).
Thanks so much! I will do that now.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #1189
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Thanks so much! I will do that now.
You're welcome, Debra.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #1190
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

BWV - bubble bath?

I can't remember if I asked this so I'm sorry if this is a repeat question!

I am staying on cash at BWV in a 1 BDR villa. When we stayed at WLV, we took a bunch of bubble baths but I can't remember if I brought my own or if they provided any.

The question is - does BWV provide bubble bath as part of the toiletries in a 1 BDR villa for folks staying on cash?

Thanks!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 06-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #1191
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm staying at BWV Studio in July!! It's my first time staying at this resort!

What type(s) of room requests are typically popular at BWV?? I'm in a standard room.

Thanks
Old 06-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #1192
teheber
CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

rooms facing crescent lake have good views , have fun
Old 06-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #1193
Mumph39
Every day should be a magical day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post

What type(s) of room requests are typically popular at BWV?? I'm in a standard room.

Thanks
They are mostly all great, just depends what you're looking for. Boardwalk view is wonderful, you get to see all of the action going on down below. The lower floors can be noisy depending on your location. (Big River Grille comes to mind). The pool view rooms are also nice too. We had a bottom floor room by the kiddie pool once and it was wonderful. No noise at night and ability to just walk out of room to the pool. The standard view may give you something near the traffic circle and that can be noisy as well. I would request a high floor Boardwalk view. Pool view as my second choice.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #1194
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll call tomorrow and add those requests on!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #1195
sixcats
DIS Veteran

Disney does not provide bubble bath. As soon as we get off of the plane at MCO we hit the Lush store for bubble bars!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #1196
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post

Thanks
are you staying on DVC points or cash?
fyi, BW view villas (20% of the resort, and face crescent lake) are only available when booked with points.
if you are paying cash, you will most likely get a preferred pool/garden view (60% of the resort), meaning a view of a pool, gardens, and/or swan/dolphin and the waterway to DHS.
btw, the other 20% are standard view rooms (view is of the front of resort, and a glimpse of parking lot thru trees), which are usually booked quickly by DVC members because of their low point cost.
if staying on cash, ask for a higher floor for more likelihood of an illuminations view. there is only one elevator bank, so request near elevator if you have a stroller or physically handicapped person. there are multiple stairwells, which we use almost exclusively when staying on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
hth
Old 06-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #1197
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Thanks for your help Laurie! I'm not staying on points. I'm a new seasonal CM so I booked it with the CM 60% off. It was $50+ cheaper to stay in the Villas than the Inn so I figured it didn't matter which I was in. I'm on a quest to stay at all the resorts. I only have BW (Staying in July), AoA (Staying later this month), + GF and then I've stayed at them all!

Thanks for the advice, I'll call and add on High Floor (which I was thinking I wanted anyways) and see what Pixie Dust I get!!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #1198
deadhedjen
Mouseketeer

Balconies for the Deluxe CL rooms at BWI?

We're booked for August. 8 nights BWI Deluxe CL.

I've been doing my homework searching these threads but I just can't find what I'm looking for.

I realize the Deluxe rooms on the 3rd floor have larger balconies, but are a floor away from the lounge. The 4th floor DxCL rooms have a smaller balcony, but are just steps away from the Lounge.

We've talked about this with the family and what I think will help us decide which floor to request would be actual pics of the balconies themselves.

Even if it is a pic from the outside looking up at the resort and not a pic taken directly of the balcony it would really help us in our decision making.

Sooooo...does anyone have a pic or two to help us with the planning?? Pretty please and thank you.

Me , DH , DS19 , DD17 , DD14 , and DD11

Old 06-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #1199
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhedjen View Post
We're booked for August. 8 nights BWI Deluxe CL.

I've been doing my homework searching these threads but I just can't find what I'm looking for.

I realize the Deluxe rooms on the 3rd floor have larger balconies, but are a floor away from the lounge. The 4th floor DxCL rooms have a smaller balcony, but are just steps away from the Lounge.

We've talked about this with the family and what I think will help us decide which floor to request would be actual pics of the balconies themselves.

Even if it is a pic from the outside looking up at the resort and not a pic taken directly of the balcony it would really help us in our decision making.

Sooooo...does anyone have a pic or two to help us with the planning?? Pretty please and thank you.
I don't know how to link another thread in here for you but maybe someone else can. There are photos on the the BWI thread under resorts. First page. THere are a few photos of the smaller balcony and then a few of the larger ones. THere is a big difference. Hope that helps. BTW, when in Aug are you there? We are also going in Aug and staying in a deluxe room. Maybe we will see you there!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #1200
deadhedjen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
I don't know how to link another thread in here for you but maybe someone else can. There are photos on the the BWI thread under resorts. First page. THere are a few photos of the smaller balcony and then a few of the larger ones. THere is a big difference. Hope that helps. BTW, when in Aug are you there? We are also going in Aug and staying in a deluxe room. Maybe we will see you there!
I am trying to find a ticker to add to my sig now, lol. But...we're there August 15-23rd.
That'd be pretty neat if some of our days overlapped

Are those balcony pictures of the Deluxe balconies or the regular room ones? We've been looking at those pics and weren't sure.

Is there even a difference??

Me , DH , DS19 , DD17 , DD14 , and DD11

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: