Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #1171
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran
 
justakrazymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western MAss
Posts: 1,897

I just booked a room only night ( before our 10 nghts at POFQ)..can not wait. We have ressies at Kouzzina for dinner that night. This day/night will be myself,my hubby and our 3 youngest kids ( 7,8 and 10).. any hints? we will not be visiting any parks..just the resort. We are checking in VERY early that morning and leaving for POFQ by 7am the next day.
__________________
Alison Eric Noah 19 Declan 12 Jadziah 10 Taejan 8
Gamma to Xander

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
justakrazymom is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #1172
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,744

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfamily1998 View Post
I stayed at BWI last month, and walked by YC/BC when the movie was showing one night. It was right on the sandy beach--maybe 10-20 feet off the walkway, so it would be easy for anyone to just stop by and watch...but the pool is surrounded by a gate, so only YC/BC guests can swim there.
Thank you! It sounds like it was in the same spot as it was in 2008. So that's why I found the flyer confusing. If you look, it is a movie screen at the edge of a pool (but I wasn't even sure if that was Stormalong Bay because it didn't look familiar to me but it has been 4 years since I've been to BC!).
__________________
DH ME DS (11) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #1173
JimShockz
Mouseketeer
 
JimShockz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mickeys Home town ORLANDO!
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by justakrazymom View Post
I just booked a room only night ( before our 10 nghts at POFQ)..can not wait. We have ressies at Kouzzina for dinner that night. This day/night will be myself,my hubby and our 3 youngest kids ( 7,8 and 10).. any hints? we will not be visiting any parks..just the resort. We are checking in VERY early that morning and leaving for POFQ by 7am the next day.
Sounds like you and the family will have a great time good luck and enjoy.

-JS
__________________
JimShockz is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #1174
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Yum. In addition to breakfast in December we have an ADR for dinner one evening at Kouzzinas. I love Brussel Sprouts may have to try that recipe before then.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #1175
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran
 
debrapagliasotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 2,306

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
We are also staying in a deluxe CL level room for the first time at BWI this Aug! We have 6 kids too...in fact ours are similar in age to yours. Too bad we won't be there at the same time. I have seen a photo of the balconies on the DIS and the 3rd floor rooms have huge balconies. Substantially larger. If you go to the photo thread of BW there are a few pictures of it. Only issue is the lounge is on the 4th floor, so you have to go upstairs for that. Hope that helps and have a great trip!!!
Ok great! I guess we should request 3rd floor then for the bigger balcony so DH and I can go outside when the kids are sleeping.

Too bad we wont be there at the same time. My kids always enjoy making new friends when we go anywhere.
__________________
DH & Me, DS 12, DD 11, DS 5, DS 4
7/97 - WDW Offsite, 8/08 - CBR, 12/12 - BW (Dlx CL) & MVMCP, 2/14 - POFQ/POR (PHM), Upcoming 2/15 - AKV (PHM)
debrapagliasotti is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #1176
deelovesdis
city by the sea dee
 
deelovesdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: on the beach
Posts: 261

how to get from BWV to Fort Wilderness Resort for Hoop Dee Doo

Hi, I have done a few searches and cannot find what I am looking for. I am sure it is posted somewhere, but I just cant find it. Ok, that said.. how do I get from the BWV's to the Fort Wilderness Resort to see the Hoop Dee Doo.


I saw the show about 10 years ago. It was a disaster for me to drive there. I was coming from the Old Key West and go so completely lost.

Is there any Disney transportation to the Hoop Dee Doo show from the BWV??

Or an easy way to get there by car??? I would love to actually see the show from the beginning this time. Last time I had a great table on the floor near the stage, and I was so late they gave my table away and ended up on the balcony , even though I called them several times and told them I was on my way, lost in the pouring rain.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Deedee
__________________
1972 first trip off site with grandparents
1978 off site with mom
1979 off site w/cousin
1982 onsite w/fiance'
1983 off site w/ fiance'
1989 offsite w/ Aunt and Mom
1991 offsite w/ Aunt
1995 offsite w/ sister and nephew
1999 onsite Old Key West with daughter/ cousins and Mom
2001 onsite Old Key West with Daughter
2004 Sept- 11th DISNEY TRIP!! Onsite Carribean Beach with Daughter and Mom

2006 August 25th off site WestGate Lakes
2007 August 19-Sept 1st Westgate Lakes
2007 Sept 2-Sept 9th BOARDWALK VILLAS BABY
2008 August 8-31st Westgate lakes with DD

2011 Bonnet Creek August 2011 w/sister and daughter
2012 AUg 25-Sept 1 BOARDWAK VILLAS YEAH!!
2013 August Bonnet Creek with DD
deelovesdis is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #1177
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelovesdis View Post
Hi, I have done a few searches and cannot find what I am looking for. I am sure it is posted somewhere, but I just cant find it. Ok, that said.. how do I get from the BWV's to the Fort Wilderness Resort to see the Hoop Dee Doo.


I saw the show about 10 years ago. It was a disaster for me to drive there. I was coming from the Old Key West and go so completely lost.

Is there any Disney transportation to the Hoop Dee Doo show from the BWV??

Or an easy way to get there by car??? I would love to actually see the show from the beginning this time. Last time I had a great table on the floor near the stage, and I was so late they gave my table away and ended up on the balcony , even though I called them several times and told them I was on my way, lost in the pouring rain.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Deedee
Couple ways. Take a bus from BWV to the MK. From MK, take a boat (in the front) over the water bridge to Fort Wilderness.

An alternative route home, so you can walk off all that food and beer, could be to boat over to the Contemporary, walk to the MK, and then take a bus to BWV. Allow yourself extra time for 2 forms of Disney transportation.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #1178
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelovesdis View Post
Hi, I have done a few searches and cannot find what I am looking for. I am sure it is posted somewhere, but I just cant find it. Ok, that said.. how do I get from the BWV's to the Fort Wilderness Resort to see the Hoop Dee Doo.


I saw the show about 10 years ago. It was a disaster for me to drive there. I was coming from the Old Key West and go so completely lost.

Is there any Disney transportation to the Hoop Dee Doo show from the BWV??

Or an easy way to get there by car??? I would love to actually see the show from the beginning this time. Last time I had a great table on the floor near the stage, and I was so late they gave my table away and ended up on the balcony , even though I called them several times and told them I was on my way, lost in the pouring rain.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Deedee
Here are your free (non-taxi) options to get from BWV/BWI to FW:

~You could boat or walk to DHS and take the FW bus.

~You could take the MK bus to the MK. From the MK you have some options:

-You can take the FW bus to FW.

-You can take the boat to FW.

-You can walk to the CR and take the boat to FW.

-Or you could even take the WL bus and then take the boat to FW or even walk to FW and HDDR.

The best option will depend on timing and patience! Have a great time at HDDR!
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #1179
Ackpack
Earning My Ears
 
Ackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 53

What's the best way to get to the Polynesian without a car for a 9:30am breakfast reservation? Through Epcot to monorail?
__________________
Me~ DH~ DS2:

1997-2001: Day trips 2002: All Star Music; 2008: Old Key West; 2011: WBC (first trip with our little guy!); 2012: Boardwalk Villas

Ackpack is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #1180
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,744

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelovesdis View Post
Hi, I have done a few searches and cannot find what I am looking for. I am sure it is posted somewhere, but I just cant find it. Ok, that said.. how do I get from the BWV's to the Fort Wilderness Resort to see the Hoop Dee Doo.


I saw the show about 10 years ago. It was a disaster for me to drive there. I was coming from the Old Key West and go so completely lost.

Is there any Disney transportation to the Hoop Dee Doo show from the BWV??

Or an easy way to get there by car??? I would love to actually see the show from the beginning this time. Last time I had a great table on the floor near the stage, and I was so late they gave my table away and ended up on the balcony , even though I called them several times and told them I was on my way, lost in the pouring rain.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Deedee
Let me preface by saying I have never gone from BWI to FW (so why am I responding??? ). But seriously, I did stay at BC in 2008 and had to get to the afternoon tea at GF. We did the 'free' transportation. Since we weren't at MK that morning or going to be there for the evening, it ended up taking so long to get there and back (and we tried two different 'free' ways). It took the whole hour and a half to get from one resort to another so a total of 3 hours traveling So the lesson I learned was that I should take a taxi from resort to resort if they weren't in monorail/boating/walking distance of each other. I felt like we spent so much time on the transportation that we really lost out on time we could have been at the parks or the pool. So there's my two cents for what it is worth. It is worth the $15 to get a ride directly!
__________________
DH ME DS (11) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #1181
deelovesdis
city by the sea dee
 
deelovesdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: on the beach
Posts: 261

BWV to Fort Wilderness Hoop dee doo show

Thank you so much for many ways to get there!

I have another question, do I have to enter the parks, like the MK to get the bus to FW? Do I need park admission?

thanks again!
Deedee
__________________
1972 first trip off site with grandparents
1978 off site with mom
1979 off site w/cousin
1982 onsite w/fiance'
1983 off site w/ fiance'
1989 offsite w/ Aunt and Mom
1991 offsite w/ Aunt
1995 offsite w/ sister and nephew
1999 onsite Old Key West with daughter/ cousins and Mom
2001 onsite Old Key West with Daughter
2004 Sept- 11th DISNEY TRIP!! Onsite Carribean Beach with Daughter and Mom

2006 August 25th off site WestGate Lakes
2007 August 19-Sept 1st Westgate Lakes
2007 Sept 2-Sept 9th BOARDWALK VILLAS BABY
2008 August 8-31st Westgate lakes with DD

2011 Bonnet Creek August 2011 w/sister and daughter
2012 AUg 25-Sept 1 BOARDWAK VILLAS YEAH!!
2013 August Bonnet Creek with DD
deelovesdis is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #1182
jaysmom4285
DIS Veteran
 
jaysmom4285's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: from the great State of Maine
Posts: 1,246

No, you don't need to enter MK to get the boat. From where the bus drops you off, walk toward the entrance to MK. The lagoon will be on your left, and there are several docks where the boats pick people up for the various resorts. I don't honestly remember which dock has the FW boat, but they are well marked. The advantage of taking a boat to FW is that the boat drops you practially next to the Hoop De Doo Revue venue (I forget the name of the building.). If you take a bus to FW. you'll have to transfer to yet another, internal, bus , which will drive through the resort, to get to the show, and that can take a while. For my money, the boat is a much more efficient way to get there.
jaysmom4285 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #1183
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackpack View Post
What's the best way to get to the Polynesian without a car for a 9:30am breakfast reservation? Through Epcot to monorail?
You have to have park tickets to get through the International Gateway (IG) to get to the monorail and it is quite a long walk. Plus, depending on the day, Epcot may not open until 9:00 AM and they won't let you through there. Again, there are numerous ways, but I believe the most efficient is to take a bus to MK and then a boat over to Poly. You could also take the bus to MK and catch the resort monorail over to the Poly, but it has 2 other stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelovesdis View Post
Thank you so much for many ways to get there!

I have another question, do I have to enter the parks, like the MK to get the bus to FW? Do I need park admission?

thanks again!
Deedee
The route Kook and I gave you do not require theme park tickets. The boat entrances are outside of the theme park.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #1184
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Let me preface by saying I have never gone from BWI to FW (so why am I responding??? ). But seriously, I did stay at BC in 2008 and had to get to the afternoon tea at GF. We did the 'free' transportation. Since we weren't at MK that morning or going to be there for the evening, it ended up taking so long to get there and back (and we tried two different 'free' ways). It took the whole hour and a half to get from one resort to another so a total of 3 hours traveling So the lesson I learned was that I should take a taxi from resort to resort if they weren't in monorail/boating/walking distance of each other. I felt like we spent so much time on the transportation that we really lost out on time we could have been at the parks or the pool. So there's my two cents for what it is worth. It is worth the $15 to get a ride directly!
The Disney transportation can take an hour or more, especially when double transportation modes (bus to monorail, bus to boat, etc.). For us, the Disney transportation is just another adventure. My dream is to retire to WDW and be the boat captain for the MK, Poly, GF route. So, while I am not particularly fond of the buses, a monorail or boat journey is just part of the fun. And, the buses do have the Disney info and greetings, so they are still fun.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #1185
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,744

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
The Disney transportation can take an hour or more, especially when double transportation modes (bus to monorail, bus to boat, etc.). For us, the Disney transportation is just another adventure. My dream is to retire to WDW and be the boat captain for the MK, Poly, GF route. So, while I am not particularly fond of the buses, a monorail or boat journey is just part of the fun. And, the buses do have the Disney info and greetings, so they are still fun.
With 4 children in tow for that particular adventure (the youngest being 1), it was not as fun as an adventure as I would have liked

I hear you though, much of the transportation is unique and fun in its own right. It definitely depends on how long it takes and if you feel it is worth your time versus the money it costs for a taxi (or rental car if you are comfortable driving).
__________________
DH ME DS (11) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: