Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #1156
adrianna_sarah
Mother of two curious little monkeys!

Hi all!

We currently have CL at the WL booked for the last week of July. I have become somewhat anxious about the construction, as well as the balcony situation (enclosed). Balconies/views are pretty important to us since our children are younger. A balcony gives us a place to escape to so that not everyone is in bed by eight.

Our only other issues are that we want to stay CL, and we would like our children in seperate beds. It looks like most if not all rooms at the BW have pull out couches. In the event that we do not receive one upon request, will the BW accomodate a rollaway bed?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #1157
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianna_sarah View Post
Hi all!

We currently have CL at the WL booked for the last week of July. I have become somewhat anxious about the construction, as well as the balcony situation (enclosed). Balconies/views are pretty important to us since our children are younger. A balcony gives us a place to escape to so that not everyone is in bed by eight.

Our only other issues are that we want to stay CL, and we would like our children in seperate beds. It looks like most if not all rooms at the BW have pull out couches. In the event that we do not receive one upon request, will the BW accomodate a rollaway bed?

Thanks in advance.
If you are talking about BWV (not BWI), DVC resorts will not provide rollaway beds or cots. But if you are talking about BWI, you might be able to get a rollaway.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #1158
adrianna_sarah
Mother of two curious little monkeys!

Oh, sorry. I mean BWI. (My brain always reads this as British West Indies) I don't think a non-owner can book CL at the Villas... at least I never see it as an option when looking at the online bookings.

Anyone know for sure about rollaways at BWI?
Old 05-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #1159
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianna_sarah View Post
Oh, sorry. I mean BWI. (My brain always reads this as British West Indies) I don't think a non-owner can book CL at the Villas... at least I never see it as an option when looking at the online bookings.

Anyone know for sure about rollaways at BWI?
You are correct, no CL at the BWVillas.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #1160
TYMAN
Mouseketeer

We'll also be at BWI end of July for a planning session. Our convention there will be at the end of October! Love the location as it is near Epcot for the F&W Festival!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #1161
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

DH emphatically said we are staying at BWV! So no more second guessing on my part

The kids and I will be coming from CSR and DH will be coming from the airport. I have rarely checked into a Disney resort in the AM because we are usually flying in and even the earliest flight doesn't get us to the resort until 2 or 3 pm. My plan is to sleep in, finish packing, then take a taxi to BW. That will get us at the resort about 12 noon. I really REALLY don't want to wait for our room to be ready. So I've found that online check-in gives you a spot to tell them when you will arrive. Has anyone found that if they use this, their room is ready when they say they will arrive? It will be a 1 BDR villa (cheapest rate so no extra view or anything). Anyone know how many 1 BDR villas there are? Thanks! Oh, and I won't be making any requests - I would just prefer the room to be ready at noon so I'm not going to limit myself to a request.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 06-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #1162
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
DH emphatically said we are staying at BWV! So no more second guessing on my part

The kids and I will be coming from CSR and DH will be coming from the airport. I have rarely checked into a Disney resort in the AM because we are usually flying in and even the earliest flight doesn't get us to the resort until 2 or 3 pm. My plan is to sleep in, finish packing, then take a taxi to BW. That will get us at the resort about 12 noon. I really REALLY don't want to wait for our room to be ready. So I've found that online check-in gives you a spot to tell them when you will arrive. Has anyone found that if they use this, their room is ready when they say they will arrive? It will be a 1 BDR villa (cheapest rate so no extra view or anything). Anyone know how many 1 BDR villas there are? Thanks! Oh, and I won't be making any requests - I would just prefer the room to be ready at noon so I'm not going to limit myself to a request.
If you are paying cash to DRC, you will probably get what DVC calls the preferred view, but not the BW view. More than likely Luna Park view or the leisure pool view. Those make up about 60% of the villas. It will be a lockoff that connects to a studio, though.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #1163
Pat329
Mouseketeer

1st floor of BWI

I was reviewing the rooms on the first post of this thread and read a review of rooms 1201, 1205, etc. It said some have balconies. If this is the first floor of the resort rooms, what is the level the boardwalk is on?

Old 06-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #1164
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If you are paying cash to DRC, you will probably get what DVC calls the preferred view, but not the BW view. More than likely Luna Park view or the leisure pool view. Those make up about 60% of the villas. It will be a lockoff that connects to a studio, though.
Yes, we are paying cash and not staying on points. Thank you!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 06-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #1165
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

The June resort activities flyer has been posted here:

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...BWCalendar.pdf
Old 06-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #1166
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The June resort activities flyer has been posted here:

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...BWCalendar.pdf
Thanks for posting this! Is it an official flyer? It looks like BW does not offer a movie outside (either poolside or elsewhere) but it says that you can go to the YC/BC movie on the beach. What I am interested in is the photo listed below it. It shows the movie being shown at the pool. When I was at the BC in 2008, the movie was on the beach and not visible from the pool area. There was also a campfire and smores. Does anyone know if this changed areas? And if they do offer the movie at YC/BC and it is right next to the pool, do they let you swim if you aren't staying there? (or let BW guests at least)?

Thanks!

Old 06-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #1167
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Thanks for posting this! Is it an official flyer? It looks like BW does not offer a movie outside (either poolside or elsewhere) but it says that you can go to the YC/BC movie on the beach. What I am interested in is the photo listed below it. It shows the movie being shown at the pool. When I was at the BC in 2008, the movie was on the beach and not visible from the pool area. There was also a campfire and smores. Does anyone know if this changed areas? And if they do offer the movie at YC/BC and it is right next to the pool, do they let you swim if you aren't staying there? (or let BW guests at least)?

Thanks!

I stayed at BWI last month, and walked by YC/BC when the movie was showing one night. It was right on the sandy beach--maybe 10-20 feet off the walkway, so it would be easy for anyone to just stop by and watch...but the pool is surrounded by a gate, so only YC/BC guests can swim there.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #1168
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

IPO ADR question

We are staying CL for the first time in Dec @ BW. We are about 2 1/2 weeks out from our ADR date. When should I hear from IPO? Didnt know what the "norm" was as far as when they usually contacted you.

Also, we are booked in a deluxe CL room. We are a family of 6, so we are trying to decide if we should request 3rd or 4th floor. How much bigger is the balcony on the 3rd floor? I read on the first page that the 4th floor deluxe balconies were pretty small (1-2 people can fit).

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #1169
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
We are staying CL for the first time in Dec @ BW. We are about 2 1/2 weeks out from our ADR date. When should I hear from IPO? Didnt know what the "norm" was as far as when they usually contacted you.

Also, we are booked in a deluxe CL room. We are a family of 6, so we are trying to decide if we should request 3rd or 4th floor. How much bigger is the balcony on the 3rd floor? I read on the first page that the 4th floor deluxe balconies were pretty small (1-2 people can fit).

Thanks!
We are also staying in a deluxe CL level room for the first time at BWI this Aug! We have 6 kids too...in fact ours are similar in age to yours. Too bad we won't be there at the same time. I have seen a photo of the balconies on the DIS and the 3rd floor rooms have huge balconies. Substantially larger. If you go to the photo thread of BW there are a few pictures of it. Only issue is the lounge is on the 4th floor, so you have to go upstairs for that. Hope that helps and have a great trip!!!

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
Old 06-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #1170
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Brussels Sprouts by Kouzzina...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...+Parks+Blog%29
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: