Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #1126
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

THank you!!! I will make sure to bring bottles then.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #1127
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
THank you!!! I will make sure to bring bottles then.
You're welcome. I have read that sometimes some guests have asked to take a bottle of water back to their room and the CMs have let them, but I have no personal experience with this.

I hope you have a great vacation!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #1128
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're welcome. I have read that sometimes some guests have asked to take a bottle of water back to their room and the CMs have let them, but I have no personal experience with this.

I hope you have a great vacation!
We asked as we were leaving breakfast on our way to a park one morning. They said to go ahead and go have fun, and they took one and put it in our fridge in our room for us. We came back from the HOT parks to a nice, big, cool bottle of water!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 05-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #1129
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
We asked as we were leaving breakfast on our way to a park one morning. They said to go ahead and go have fun, and they took one and put it in our fridge in our room for us. We came back from the HOT parks to a nice, big, cool bottle of water!
Ohh...that is so nice! The water at WDW is so bad, it would be nice to have some good tasting cold water when we get back!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #1130
bwifan
Mouseketeer

Thank you wdwkook. I knew this was the place to get my answer! We are going to be at the bwi from June 17th to the 24th.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #1131
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Ohh...that is so nice! The water at WDW is so bad, it would be nice to have some good tasting cold water when we get back!
Just to add to what others have told you -- the CL only has big, glass bottles of Evian; definitely not something you can take to the parks. However, when we were there, we asked & were happily given a bottle to take to our room. And when I returned the empty bottle to the lounge, a CM asked me if I'd like another.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
Old 05-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #1132
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Hi BW lovers. We had our first stay at BWV last week and it won't be our last. Loved the resort. The CMs were so friendly and helpful. Our villa was immaculate. Thanks for the lovely photos at the beginning of this FAQ. Really made me excited about staying at BWV.

I don't know if this is old news but we had different H2O toiletries in our villa. Smaller bottles but lovely scent for the shampoo, conditioner and body wash.....grapefruit bergamot. The soaps were sea salt. Loved those.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #1133
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I may be a off in my numbers, but I believe there are 378 rooms at BWI, of which 65 have club level access. There is one VP Suite, one Pres. Suite, 10 Deluxe rooms and 14 Garden Cottages. This leaves 39 additional club level access rooms comprised of both standard CL rooms and two bedroom suites, but I don't know how many are two bedroom suites.

Thanks!

I was there last week, and by looking at the little fire-escape map on the back of my door it looked like there about 4 of the 2 bedroom suites--but I didn't realize that some of the concierge level was on the 3rd floor...so maybe more are located down there.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #1134
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfamily1998 View Post
Thanks!

I was there last week, and by looking at the little fire-escape map on the back of my door it looked like there about 4 of the 2 bedroom suites--but I didn't realize that some of the concierge level was on the 3rd floor...so maybe more are located down there.
You're welcome.

I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing Memorial Day weekend!
Old 05-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #1135
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

kook or anyone who knows the answer ... I did try a search but I couldn't find the answer. I want to ship package to the resort prior to my stay .... I'll be stay in a villa if that makes a difference. I believe that BWI is considered a convention resort so will I be charged a fee for the packages I have delivered? If so do you know how much?
Old 05-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #1136
lowe@massed.net
I live for Disney vacations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
kook or anyone who knows the answer ... I did try a search but I couldn't find the answer. I want to ship package to the resort prior to my stay .... I'll be stay in a villa if that makes a difference. I believe that BWI is considered a convention resort so will I be charged a fee for the packages I have delivered? If so do you know how much?
Hi Linda,
Yes, you will be charged a $5 fee. We had a package sent there on our visit last December and that was the case. We had to call the Business Center to get the package sent to our room as it was not delivered to Bell Services.
1992, '94, '96 Poly, 1999 BWI, 2001 BC, 2003 BCV, 2004 BWV Solo, 2005 BWV, 2/2006 BCV, 12/2006 OKW, 12/2007 1st trip to DLR, 4/2008 BCV, 6/2008 DLR , 1/2009 SSR, 4/2009 DGC, 12/2009 BWV, 11/2010 SSR , 12/2011 BWV, 3/2012 HHI, 6/2012 VGC, 11/2012 BWV, 4/2013 AKV & SSR, 12/2013 VWL, 4/2014 BCV

Old 05-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #1137
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Though I've never done it, I believe the protocol is to ship via UPS or FEDEX and NOT USPS. Ship items about one week prior to arrival to:

Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
2101 North W Epcot Resort Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Have your confirmation number, date of arrival and full name noted on the package. I've read that Bell Services will deliver your package to your room after you check-in and request it, however, I've also read that at the YC, you have to pick-up the package from the convention center and pay a small fee. I don't know what fees, if any BWI/BWV charge, but hopefully a more informed poster will help you

ETA: Posted before reading the helpful post above.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #1138
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowe@massed.net View Post
Hi Linda,
Yes, you will be charged a $5 fee. We had a package sent there on our visit last December and that was the case. We had to call the Business Center to get the package sent to our room as it was not delivered to Bell Services.
Quote:
Though I've never done it, I believe the protocol is to ship via UPS or FEDEX and NOT USPS. Ship items about one week prior to arrival to:

Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
2101 North W Epcot Resort Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Have your confirmation number, date of arrival and full name noted on the package. I've read that Bell Services will deliver your package to your room after you check-in and request it, however, I've also read that at the YC, you have to pick-up the package from the convention center and pay a small fee. I don't know what fees, if any BWI/BWV charge, but hopefully a more informed poster will help you

ETA: Posted before reading the helpful post above.
Thank you both for your quick reply ... I've had items delivered before but never to a "convention" resort.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #1139
deelovesdis
city by the sea dee

Smile BBQ GRills on the property?

HI, I have looked for information , but havent found it. Are there any picnic tables or BBQ grills on property at BWV or BWI?

We have a 1 bedroom booked, so will probably eat in for breakfast most mornings and a few nights, but was hoping to be able to cook outdoors.

Does anyone know if there are grills?

Thanks so much,

Dee
1982 onsite w/fiance'
1983 off site w/ fiance'
1989 offsite w/ Aunt and Mom
1991 offsite w/ Aunt
1995 offsite w/ sister and nephew
1999 onsite Old Key West with daughter/ cousins and Mom
2001 onsite Old Key West with Daughter
2004 Sept- 11th DISNEY TRIP!! Onsite Carribean Beach with Daughter and Mom

2006 August 25th off site WestGate Lakes
2007 August 19-Sept 1st Westgate Lakes
2007 Sept 2-Sept 9th BOARDWALK VILLAS BABY
2008 August 8-31st Westgate lakes with DD

2011 Bonnet Creek August 2011 w/sister and daughter
2012 AUg 25-Sept 1 BOARDWAK VILLAS YEAH!!
2013 August Bonnet Creek with DD
Old 05-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #1140
WAWDWLUVER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelovesdis View Post
HI, I have looked for information , but havent found it. Are there any picnic tables or BBQ grills on property at BWV or BWI?

We have a 1 bedroom booked, so will probably eat in for breakfast most mornings and a few nights, but was hoping to be able to cook outdoors.

Does anyone know if there are grills?

Thanks so much,

Dee
There's a nice, big charcoal grill and picnic table at the BWV quiet pool area!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: