Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #1111
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmlaw View Post
Does boardwalk have a toddler slide? Ds loved the slide at beach club. Think he is too young for the clown slide (3 yo) thanks!
I don't think I saw one at the pool if that's what you mean. This is the kiddie pool http://allears.net/acc/bwi126.jpg

I know they have a playground as well.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #1112
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmlaw View Post
Does boardwalk have a toddler slide? Ds loved the slide at beach club. Think he is too young for the clown slide (3 yo) thanks!
See my comment below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackpack View Post
Awesome thread! So excited for our trip in September. We're staying in the villas. Any tips for having a two year old at the bw?
Welcome to the thread, Ackpack! I'm sure you'll have a stroller which will come in very handy for walking to DHS and Epcot. Your child will probably find the BW entertainers lots of fun. They are usually out from around 7:15 - 10:15, Thu. - Sun. There is a playground at BWI. You can distract your child while walking to Epcot by having him/her look in the grassy areas to your right when you're walking along the BW (the short way). We've seen bunnies, HUGE turtles, ducks (and yes, there are snakes at WDW, but we haven't seen them in the Epcot Resorts area.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
I don't think I saw one at the pool if that's what you mean. This is the kiddie pool http://allears.net/acc/bwi126.jpg

I know they have a playground as well.
That's correct. The playground has a kiddie slide, but not the pools.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #1113
Bronte
DIS Veteran

first trip to a DVC

I was lucky to book a garden/pool view studio for our summer vacation (July 20-30.)
This will be our first trip to a DVC after buying resale and I have a few questions ...

1. Will there be a can opener or should I bring one? Any other suggestions on what to bring would be great.

2. Should I make any room location requests (can I request "EPCOT/ILLUMINATIONS VIEW" or is that only for club level?)

3. Can we as DVC members pool hope to the Poly? I read where we can not pool hop but I am not sure if that means we can pool hop every where else.

Thanks !!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #1114
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte View Post
I was lucky to book a garden/pool view studio for our summer vacation (July 20-30.)
This will be our first trip to a DVC after buying resale and I have a few questions ...

1. Will there be a can opener or should I bring one? Any other suggestions on what to bring would be great.

2. Should I make any room location requests (can I request "EPCOT/ILLUMINATIONS VIEW" or is that only for club level?)

3. Can we as DVC members pool hope to the Poly? I read where we can not pool hop but I am not sure if that means we can pool hop every where else.

Thanks !!!!!!!!
Pool hopping should not be blacked out during your stay, so you should be able to pool hop to the Polynesian unless they are very busy. Check your Portable Perks booklet when you check in.

I don't remember any can opened in the studios. Just toaster, coffee pot, microwave, undercounter refrigerator, paper plates and bowls, real glasses, a couple of coffee mugs and plasticware. You might ask Housekeeping if you can get a can opener. Otherwise, just bring one of your own (manual type). You'll probably want to bring salt, pepper, sugar, coffee filters, coffee, creamer. Lots of people staying in the studios bring real bowls and a sharp knife.

As for views, you basically get your pool/garden view. You can probably request leisure pool (quiet pool), Luna Park, Village Green (that looks out at the grassy area between the villas and the inn). High or low floor. But I don't think they have anything called Epcot/Illuminations view. There is no Club Level in the villas at BWV.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.

Last edited by Deb & Bill; 05-20-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #1115
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks !!!!!!!!
We're in the same boat! We're going on our first DVC vacation from July 29-August 4 in a 2 BR at BWV! The in-laws are coming down with us, and we can't wait to have the extra space!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 05-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #1116
Bronte
DIS Veteran

Great tips ... Thanks

Do you think we will need trash bags, paper towels and such ???

We will have a car the entire time (Alamo midsize $167 for all 11 days )
Old 05-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #1117
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Great tips ... Thanks

Do you think we will need trash bags, paper towels and such ???

We will have a car the entire time (Alamo midsize $167 for all 11 days )
They provide trash bags and paper towels. Trash bags in the bottom of the trash can. One or two rolls of paper towels. If you need more, just ask Housekeeping. If you need more dish detergent or dishwasher detergent, just ask for more. If you need more shampoo, handsoap, conditioner, laundry detergent, you'll need to pay for more or provide your own.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #1118
Bronte
DIS Veteran

Hand soap ... I did not think of that ~ THANKS !!!!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #1119
bwifan
Mouseketeer

hello all. i am going to the bwi in june and we have a deluxe room. we would like a room on the 4th floor same as lounge, but i dont know how to request this or if i can. email? call? fax? do i contact the concierge department or the bwi at large?
thank you so much.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #1120
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwifan View Post
hello all. i am going to the bwi in june and we have a deluxe room. we would like a room on the 4th floor same as lounge, but i dont know how to request this or if i can. email? call? fax? do i contact the concierge department or the bwi at large?
thank you so much.
to the DIS and the BWI thread, bwifan!
Since you are staying club level, all you have to do is email the IPO (Itinerary Planning Office) and request that your Deluxe room be on the 4th floor. Half of them are so you have a 50% chance even without requesting it. The BWI IPO will then email you back that they have added your request to your reservation. When you check-in, just ask where your room is located. If for some reason it's not on the 4th floor, ask if you can be moved there.

The IPO's email address is:

Boardwalk.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com

Make sure you include your confirmation number in the subject heading.

I hope you have a great stay at BWI!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:38 AM   #1121
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
to the DIS and the BWI thread, bwifan!
Since you are staying club level, all you have to do is email the IPO (Itinerary Planning Office) and request that your Deluxe room be on the 4th floor. Half of them are so you have a 50% chance even without requesting it. The BWI IPO will then email you back that they have added your request to your reservation. When you check-in, just ask where your room is located. If for some reason it's not on the 4th floor, ask if you can be moved there.

The IPO's email address is:

Boardwalk.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com

Make sure you include your confirmation number in the subject heading.

I hope you have a great stay at BWI!
Didn't i read somewhere that there are only 6 deluxe club rooms? 3 on the 3rd and 3 on the 4th? either way we stayed on the third floor in feb and had no complaints with it. the extra room in the deluxe more than makes up for going up the the stairs. Although you would think they would spruce it up a bit knowing that is a thoroughfare for people who paid to be club level.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #1122
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55 View Post
Didn't i read somewhere that there are only 6 deluxe club rooms? 3 on the 3rd and 3 on the 4th? either way we stayed on the third floor in feb and had no complaints with it. the extra room in the deluxe more than makes up for going up the the stairs. Although you would think they would spruce it up a bit knowing that is a thoroughfare for people who paid to be club level.
There are 10 Deluxe rooms: 5 are on the 4th (CL) floor and 5 are on the 3rd floor, so bwifan would have a 50% chance of getting one on the 4th floor even without requesting one.

Sounds like the stairs weren't in good condition? Were they dirty or just in need of some paint?
Old 05-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #1123
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Is there a place that lists the breakdown of rooms on CL of BWI?

I know there is
-Steeplechase suite (Presidential)
-Sonora Suite (VP)
-two bedroom Suites (how many?)
-Deluxe Rooms (how many?)
-Standard Rooms (how many?)
-Garden Suites
Old 05-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #1124
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!!! We are staying in a deluxe room at BWI this Aug!!! Very excited. I was wondering, does anyone know if the lounge has bottles of water available to take with you to the parks? Thank you!!

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
Old 05-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #1125
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfamily1998 View Post
Is there a place that lists the breakdown of rooms on CL of BWI?

I know there is
-Steeplechase suite (Presidential)
-Sonora Suite (VP)
-two bedroom Suites (how many?)
-Deluxe Rooms (how many?)
-Standard Rooms (how many?)
-Garden Suites
I may be a off in my numbers, but I believe there are 378 rooms at BWI, of which 65 have club level access. There is one VP Suite, one Pres. Suite, 10 Deluxe rooms and 14 Garden Cottages. This leaves 39 additional club level access rooms comprised of both standard CL rooms and two bedroom suites, but I don't know how many are two bedroom suites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Hi everyone!!! We are staying in a deluxe room at BWI this Aug!!! Very excited. I was wondering, does anyone know if the lounge has bottles of water available to take with you to the parks? Thank you!!
Unfortunately, all WDW club levels stopped offering individual bottles of water. They now have large bottles from which you can pour the water into a cup or water bottle to take with you.

Here is the BWI/CL water in the bottom right:

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: