Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #1081
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace&philipsmom View Post
Just booked out first stay at BWV for March 2012!
Congratulations! I think you meant 2013. Happy planning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koz View Post
Imagine my surprise in learning that for the same $4,000 package price that I'd be able to secure for AoA, I'm able to rent DVC points for a 1BR villa @ the Boardwalk for a mid-December booking.

The only downer is that if and when Disney offers things like room discount or free dining, we aren't able to realize those benefits, right?

We have stayed previously @ WL in 2011, CBR in 2010 and Pop in 2005.

I've heard nothing but great things about the property, and visited it once for a few hours, so hoping that this will work out for us in the end.

Question- Is the Master BR in the Standard view 1BR villa big enough to fit a Disney Crib? We'll have an infant with us and would rather have the baby sleeping in our room, leaving the other 2 to doze on the pull out. Also, have you found the views from these standard views to be "ok?" What are you really looking at? Since we don't intend on spending much time in the room, upgrading to a better view isn't necessarily a priority.

Thanks!

Great thread you guys have going here.

Just wanted to add that I believe that the cancelation/change penalty for points reservations is much more inflexible than when booking a cash reservation. Also, you can amend a cash reservation to add a discount or pin code if one is released before your arrival date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Just booked a trip for Aug. 29th to Sept. 4th for the BWI, my 2nd home!!! Cannot wait to go. Have a trip booked for December, but couldn't wait that long
That's great that you have TWO trips booked. It's so nice leaving WDW knowing when you'll return
Old 05-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #1082
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Congratulations! I think you meant 2013. Happy planning!

Just wanted to add that I believe that the cancelation/change penalty for points reservations is much more inflexible than when booking a cash reservation. Also, you can amend a cash reservation to add a discount or pin code if one is released before your arrival date.

That's great that you have TWO trips booked. It's so nice leaving WDW knowing when you'll return
WDWKOOK is right, plus when renting, it's not just about penalties, basically everything is totally non-refundable. It's a risk to take, but as you see, you can get much more for your money that way. Plus you have to plan much more in advance than with paying cash to get a good reservation. And you don't get daily housekeeping and all that stuff. Having said that, the 1BR villas at the Boardwalk are awesome. Enjoy!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #1083
Koz
Mouseketeer

Guys thanks very much for your feedback, I appreciate it!

A few things I wanted to confirm:

1) With DVC there is no daily housekeeping?

2) How are the quick-serv type options @ Boardwalk? I know that they don't have a traditional restaurant.

3) I've seen alot of comments that transporation to places other than HS and EP can be a complete nightmare, with some trips to DW being more than an hour. What have your experiences been in this respect? Do they really share 1 bus between 4 properties?
Old 05-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #1084
madelyn
DIS Veteran

I can only answer:

Yes, this is true unless you opt to pay for the service. We have an upcoming first time stay at BWV in a few weeks so I'm awaiting the replies to your other questions. I have stayed at the Dolphin and Beach Club before and don't remember terrible bus service to the other parks though.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #1085
Koz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelyn View Post
I can only answer:

Yes, this is true unless you opt to pay for the service. We have an upcoming first time stay at BWV in a few weeks so I'm awaiting the replies to your other questions. I have stayed at the Dolphin and Beach Club before and don't remember terrible bus service to the other parks though.
If it's not daily, what is it? Is there a frequency where you would expect to get new soaps/shampoos, fresh towels, clean sheets.

It's hard to justify spending over $4000 for a one-week stay and there isn't even someone there to take care of the room.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #1086
madelyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If it's not daily, what is it? Is there a frequency where you would expect to get new soaps/shampoos, fresh towels, clean sheets.

It's hard to justify spending over $4000 for a one-week stay and there isn't even someone there to take care of the room.
Are you paying cash through Disney or renting points or are you the DVC member? If paying cash to Disney at a DVC resort you get daily housekeeping services. If renting points or if you are the DVC member, for stays of 7 or less nights, you get "Trash and Towel service" on day 4. Housekeeping will: Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins, provide fresh bathroom linens, replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap, replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper, replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners, replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwashing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent as needed in one-, two- and three-bedroom Vacation Homes. For stays of eight or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12. With Full-Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus: Change the bed linens, vacuum and dust, clean the bathroom(s), clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #1087
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Guys thanks very much for your feedback, I appreciate it!

A few things I wanted to confirm:

2) How are the quick-serv type options @ Boardwalk? I know that they don't have a traditional restaurant.

3) I've seen alot of comments that transporation to places other than HS and EP can be a complete nightmare, with some trips to DW being more than an hour. What have your experiences been in this respect? Do they really share 1 bus between 4 properties?
This seems to vary. While I've also seen reports of all the Epcot resorts sharing a bus, when we stayed at BWI in November, there was one bus for BWI & Swan/Dolphin and a separate bus for YC/BC. We had no problems with the bus service -- the buses were prompt & relatively uncrowded (it was SRO when we headed to MK first thing in the morning, but because BWI was the first stop, we were seated).
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
Old 05-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #1088
Koz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelyn View Post
Are you paying cash through Disney or renting points or are you the DVC member? If paying cash to Disney at a DVC resort you get daily housekeeping services. If renting points or if you are the DVC member, for stays of 7 or less nights, you get "Trash and Towel service" on day 4. Housekeeping will: Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins, provide fresh bathroom linens, replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap, replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper, replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners, replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwashing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent as needed in one-, two- and three-bedroom Vacation Homes. For stays of eight or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12. With Full-Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus: Change the bed linens, vacuum and dust, clean the bathroom(s), clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.
Thanks very much for the information. I can tell you right now that with 3 kids in tow, and a wife who would at least want her bed made with fresh towels daily, there is no way this is an option. We had looked at possibly renting through David's.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #1089
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Thanks very much for the information. I can tell you right now that with 3 kids in tow, and a wife who would at least want her bed made with fresh towels daily, there is no way this is an option. We had looked at possibly renting through David's.
You can pay for extra towels (a towel pack is $6 - four bath towels, two hand towels, four face cloths and a tub mat). You can pay for extra trash and towel service (that is based on the size of the villa). Or you can pay for extra full cleaning (which is also based on the size of the villa and it isn't cheap).
Quote:
Originally Posted by koz

DVC is a timeshare. Members pay for everything they get with a timeshare. You can get lots of extra service to take care of the room, but you will pay for it.

No interruption from Housekeeping is just a nice feature of DVC. When you come back after lunch and decide you want to take a nap, you don't have to wait for the housekeepers to leave.

Plus with a one bedroom or larger, you get a washer and dryer in your villa. It's nice not to have to pack so many clothes and you can go home with a suitcase full of clean clothes. Nothing brings you down from that vacation feeling like wading through piles and piles of dirty clothes when you empty out the suitcases when you get home.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #1090
Catira
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
It's all one big place and nothing is really closer. Except you might want to request close to elevator. Or Luna Park pool instead of leisure (quiet) pool. You won't get a BW view if you didn't reserve that on points. It is a specific booking category for points stays. Not available for cash stays.
I realize we won't have a boardwalk view since we did not book that category. Just hoping there were certain buildings that we might request that would be closer. But, I am sure the kiddos will prefer being closer to the pool after a hot day at the parks

Someone mentioned wanting clean towels.. we usually take extra detergent with us to the resort. I put all the towels in the washer while we go to the parks and then once we come back just pop them in the dryer. Having the washer and dryer is a bonus, since we can pack less clothes and have room for disney souvenirs.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #1091
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
I realize we won't have a boardwalk view since we did not book that category. Just hoping there were certain buildings that we might request that would be closer....
BWV is one building.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #1092
Catira
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
BWV is one building.
Well there goes that idea. We have only stayed at OKW and SS so I thought we could request a particular area. Well just be happy to be there and celebrate my daughter's high school graduation.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #1093
exmli03
Earning My Ears

Clothesline

Is there a clothesline in the tub at BW? I have a travel one but if there is one already there then that is one less thing I have to pack.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #1094
Koz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmli03 View Post
Is there a clothesline in the tub at BW? I have a travel one but if there is one already there then that is one less thing I have to pack.
No, we just hang all of our items over the balcony railing!
Old 05-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #1095
Deb & Bill

Quote:
No, we just hang all of our items over the balcony railing!
Seriously?? I hope you were just kidding. Disney asks guests not to hang clothing/towels on the balcony.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: