Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #1066
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
It has been a long time in coming, since our first visit back in '89. Unfortunately DH and I both held jobs that did not allow taking time off during the holiday season. We are retired now and can finally go.
Isn't retirement great!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #1067
monami7
DIS Veteran

Kids are finally asleep. We. Leave early tomorrow! So excited!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #1068
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monami7 View Post
Kids are finally asleep. We. Leave early tomorrow! So excited!
Have fun! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 05-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #1069
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran

Hi, everyone! Question - are all standard club level rooms on the 4th floor? I know deluxe rooms can be on 3 and 4. Also, if you are staying standard club level, are their any views that are worth requesting to see Illuminations at Epcot? And yes, I know requests are not guaranteed!

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013
Old 05-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #1070
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monorail Bob's dd View Post
Hi, everyone! Question - are all standard club level rooms on the 4th floor? I know deluxe rooms can be on 3 and 4. Also, if you are staying standard club level, are their any views that are worth requesting to see Illuminations at Epcot? And yes, I know requests are not guaranteed!
Yes, all standard CL rooms are on the 4th floor and all but 3 are inside the Innkeeper's Club door. The other 3 are just steps from the Innkeeper's Club door, but they are BWV rooms.

If you want to see Illuminations from your balcony, request an "EPCOT/ILLUMINATIONS VIEW." The room assignor will then know that you want a view of Epcot and you'll be able to see Illuminations near the Eiffel Tower. Technically, this view is a Garden/Courtyard view, but request "Epcot/Illuminations view" so there's no question. You can also watch Illuminations nightly from the CL lounge balcony. It was never crowded when we were there and it's a great view off to the left of the balcony near the Eiffel Tower.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #1071
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Sorry if this is a repeat question -- How are the sleeper sofas in the BWV studios?

1st time staying here in August with family and friends, and we have 3 studios booked, but I'm worried about the comfort of the sleeper sofas/daybeds.

Thanks for all the info here. Will try and read more in the days to come.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #1072
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimRaye View Post
Sorry if this is a repeat question -- How are the sleeper sofas in the BWV studios?

1st time staying here in August with family and friends, and we have 3 studios booked, but I'm worried about the comfort of the sleeper sofas/daybeds.

We stayed there last March and it was ok. I usually test them all out but dds sleep in them. They are 10 & 7 and did not have any complaints and slept thru the night.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 05-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #1073
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

Just booked out first stay at BWV for March 2012!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #1074
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimRaye View Post

These are more comfortable as sleeper sofas go. They flip from the back and the cushions stay attached to the bed when it flips to help support the foot of the bed. The sleeper sofa is a little hard for sitting, but not too bad. These are not the platform style ones like at SSR and OKW. The sleeper sofas in the studios are double sized.

No daybeds. A dedicated studio may have a deacon's bench that does have a crib sized mattress on it. But some of them don't even have that.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #1075
Koz
Mouseketeer

Imagine my surprise in learning that for the same $4,000 package price that I'd be able to secure for AoA, I'm able to rent DVC points for a 1BR villa @ the Boardwalk for a mid-December booking.

The only downer is that if and when Disney offers things like room discount or free dining, we aren't able to realize those benefits, right?

We have stayed previously @ WL in 2011, CBR in 2010 and Pop in 2005.

I've heard nothing but great things about the property, and visited it once for a few hours, so hoping that this will work out for us in the end.

Question- Is the Master BR in the Standard view 1BR villa big enough to fit a Disney Crib? We'll have an infant with us and would rather have the baby sleeping in our room, leaving the other 2 to doze on the pull out. Also, have you found the views from these standard views to be "ok?" What are you really looking at? Since we don't intend on spending much time in the room, upgrading to a better view isn't necessarily a priority.

Thanks!

Great thread you guys have going here.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #1076
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koz View Post
Imagine my surprise in learning that for the same $4,000 package price that I'd be able to secure for AoA, I'm able to rent DVC points for a 1BR villa @ the Boardwalk for a mid-December booking.

The only downer is that if and when Disney offers things like room discount or free dining, we aren't able to realize those benefits, right?

We have stayed previously @ WL in 2011, CBR in 2010 and Pop in 2005.

I've heard nothing but great things about the property, and visited it once for a few hours, so hoping that this will work out for us in the end.

Question- Is the Master BR in the Standard view 1BR villa big enough to fit a Disney Crib? We'll have an infant with us and would rather have the baby sleeping in our room, leaving the other 2 to doze on the pull out. Also, have you found the views from these standard views to be "ok?" What are you really looking at? Since we don't intend on spending much time in the room, upgrading to a better view isn't necessarily a priority.

Thanks!

Do you already have the standard view one bedroom booked? Otherwise it may be difficult for December. You should have enough room in the master bedroom to put the pack and play.

When you purchase a reservation from a member (rent points), you don't get any of the advertised Disney offers like free dining. You aren't purchasing from Disney (and they are making the offer). You are purchasing from a DVC member.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #1077
Catira
DIS Veteran

Question

We have a 2 bedroom booked for this June in a garden/pool view. Any particular area you all recommend that is closer to the boardwalk area? If that is not possible maybe closer to the International gateway entrance?
Thanks
Old 05-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #1078
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Just booked a trip for Aug. 29th to Sept. 4th for the BWI, my 2nd home!!! Cannot wait to go. Have a trip booked for December, but couldn't wait that long
Old 05-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #1079
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
We have a 2 bedroom booked for this June in a garden/pool view. Any particular area you all recommend that is closer to the boardwalk area? If that is not possible maybe closer to the International gateway entrance?
Thanks
It's all one big place and nothing is really closer. Except you might want to request close to elevator. Or Luna Park pool instead of leisure (quiet) pool. You won't get a BW view if you didn't reserve that on points. It is a specific booking category for points stays. Not available for cash stays.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #1080
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koz View Post

Question-. Also, have you found the views from these standard views to be "ok?" What are you really looking at? Since we don't intend on spending much time in the room, upgrading to a better view isn't necessarily a priority.

Thanks!

I think you had other questions answered. Our last standard view there included the parking lot, but it was close to the elevator. We booked standard view again for next April. I save my DVC points for more trips over better views.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: