Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #1051
DeeCeeSW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica527 View Post
I received a miss call today with no voicemail, so I looked up the number. It was the boardwalk calling me with no voice message?? I called back and the CM said everything looked normal. Anyone have a clue what it would be?
Could be about this new Fastpass system they are testing out. Calls are being made to guests arriving in May.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #1052
Jessica527
Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCeeSW View Post
Could be about this new Fastpass system they are testing out. Calls are being made to guests arriving in May.
Interesting... I will keep everyone posted!

2009: All Star Sports - Dad's First Disney Trip
2007 Part 2: Off Site - HS Trip

2007 Part 1: All Star Music
2005: Off Site - HS Trip[
1998: All Star Sports
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #1053
monami7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Yippee! Will you be posting a TR or review of AKL CL? I'd love to read what you think of their CL.

Have a great vacation!
Sorry no AKL this trip we had to change to BWI CL to add another person. I had just not been on a computer to change the ticker!

We are so excited to go CL at the inn. we have never stayed CL before!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #1054
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

Quote:
I received a miss call today with no voicemail, so I looked up the number. It was the boardwalk calling me with no voice message?? I called back and the CM said everything looked normal. Anyone have a clue what it would be?
Same thing happened to me. I even started a thread on the board about it. I then figured it was about the new Fastpass system after reading some info on the Theme Parks Board. I feel slightly better knowing somone else had a missed call as well with no notation in the system. I was convinced that something was going to be terrible wrong when I check in on Thursday.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #1055
Jessica527

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dolly View Post
Same thing happened to me. I even started a thread on the board about it. I then figured it was about the new Fastpass system after reading some info on the Theme Parks Board. I feel slightly better knowing somone else had a missed call as well with no notation in the system. I was convinced that something was going to be terrible wrong when I check in on Thursday.
So my curiosity overwhelmed me and I started a Disney chat with a CM online. They gave me a number to call that explained the following to me (not exact works):

You received a call letting you know that you may be picked to participate in the new FastPass program. Walt Disney World guests arriving at the Orlando airport and taking the magical express will be picked randomly to be in the program. This is only open to resort guests at this time. If you have any questions at that time, please feel free to ask.

And that was the end of it… I didn’t know what else to ask?

Any thoughts?

Old 05-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #1056
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidgoingon40 View Post
I am so excited - we officially made our reservation for 2 nights in October at BWI for our 10th anniversary trip today through AAA. We haven't booked through AAA before, but I believe we will be saving about $120 - I know that's not much, but at least it is something! I can't wait for our first visit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidgoingon40 View Post
Thank you! I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to this

I definitely don't want to forget to add our anniversary to the res - I have a couple of questions about this, if anyone could answer them for me

Can I note the anniversary on the online check in? Can I still do online check in with a aaa res?

Would it be better to call before online check in to have it added? If so, can I call Disney directly to do this, or do I have to call aaa?

I am so unfamiliar with how booking through aaa works. I know you have to call them instead of Disney to make any changes, but I wasn't sure how to handle something like this. I appreciate any info you can give me
I have booked through AAA (and also not booked through AAA) so I can help you out a bit on your questions. First, make sure you know your reservation numbers and your Travel Agent's full name! You can call Disney about your reservation but they will ask you for the TA's name. Your TA should have asked you if you were celebrating anything special and had Disney add it to your reservation. If not, or if you just want to check, call Disney directly and have them add that celebration.

You can also pull up your reservation online. Use your disney login/password. Go to my reservations. Click on the add reservation and they will ask if it is resort or dining so choose resort. Then put in your information for the reservation (using YOUR name on the reservation, not the TA). It can take a few moments so be patient but it should pull up. Then it is linked to your login and will be there everytime you log in. You can use online check in as well. When you are ready (and it is within 10 days of arrival), go online and pull up that resort reservation and just click the online check in.

Now, I have used online check in for WL and Poly and neither of them allowed me to enter in a request although they did provide some pre-text requests like 'adjacent rooms' or something. They only had two request options in there. But I've heard others say that their resort had different request options and some allowed a free form text. I am not sure if that's true or what BW has as options. I would say either way, call in your requests to Disney as soon as you know them. Then if you check in online and you can't add your requests - and you don't see them noted - call Disney to make sure your requests are noted.

Hope that helps!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 05-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #1057
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
So my curiosity overwhelmed me and I started a Disney chat with a CM online. They gave me a number to call that explained the following to me (not exact works):

You received a call letting you know that you may be picked to participate in the new FastPass program. Walt Disney World guests arriving at the Orlando airport and taking the magical express will be picked randomly to be in the program. This is only open to resort guests at this time. If you have any questions at that time, please feel free to ask.

And that was the end of it… I didn’t know what else to ask?

Any thoughts?
Fascinating! I am going to CBR in two weeks but didn't book ME because I am renting a car. Makes me think I should book ME! Well, whomever gets picked for it - please report back with details!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 05-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #1058
Jessica527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Fascinating! I am going to CBR in two weeks but didn't book ME because I am renting a car. Makes me think I should book ME! Well, whomever gets picked for it - please report back with details!
I will check in this Sunday after our arrival to MCO! I will do my best to keep everyone updated!

Old 05-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #1059
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

We will be returning to BWI For our 2nd stay this November/ December

Can not wait to see the resort decked out for Christmas!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #1060
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

YIPPEE! You'll have to take a look at the Christmas photos on the first page/last post
Old 05-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #1061
Kidgoingon40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I have booked through AAA (and also not booked through AAA) so I can help you out a bit on your questions. First, make sure you know your reservation numbers and your Travel Agent's full name! You can call Disney about your reservation but they will ask you for the TA's name. Your TA should have asked you if you were celebrating anything special and had Disney add it to your reservation. If not, or if you just want to check, call Disney directly and have them add that celebration.

You can also pull up your reservation online. Use your disney login/password. Go to my reservations. Click on the add reservation and they will ask if it is resort or dining so choose resort. Then put in your information for the reservation (using YOUR name on the reservation, not the TA). It can take a few moments so be patient but it should pull up. Then it is linked to your login and will be there everytime you log in. You can use online check in as well. When you are ready (and it is within 10 days of arrival), go online and pull up that resort reservation and just click the online check in.

Now, I have used online check in for WL and Poly and neither of them allowed me to enter in a request although they did provide some pre-text requests like 'adjacent rooms' or something. They only had two request options in there. But I've heard others say that their resort had different request options and some allowed a free form text. I am not sure if that's true or what BW has as options. I would say either way, call in your requests to Disney as soon as you know them. Then if you check in online and you can't add your requests - and you don't see them noted - call Disney to make sure your requests are noted.

Hope that helps!
Thank you so much for your help!
Old 05-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #1062
One for the Mouse
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know which rooms at the Boardwalk Inn have King beds?

Old 05-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #1063
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by One for the Mouse View Post
Does anyone know which rooms at the Boardwalk Inn have King beds?
I don't know the room numbers or exact locations, but both the Standard and BW/Water Views have rooms with King beds.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #1064
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

That is awesome! i would love to do that some day.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #1065
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfamily1998 View Post
That is awesome! i would love to do that some day.
It has been a long time in coming, since our first visit back in '89. Unfortunately DH and I both held jobs that did not allow taking time off during the holiday season. We are retired now and can finally go.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: