Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #946
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
...these photos are going to help me get through the long wait until I check into Boardwalk next January.
Thanks to you and your Pixel Dust for the gorgeous photos of BW. I, too, know just where to come to get my BWI fix until another stay materializes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Well, they had plenty of DVC/BWV labeled merchandise, but nothing had BWI on it, only BWR. Better than the CR though - not one single item sold at BVG with CR on it. Last summer they had one cheap fabric bracelet and this year there was nothing at all
Yes, ugh with the branded resort merchandise. If you or anyone here ever see another traditional charm bracelet charm (the old fashioned kind with the alligator clip) for BWI or any other WDW Resort, please do let me know. I have been unable to continue adding charms to my bracelet after each new resort stay.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #947
Jessica527
Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)

Hello again! Quick question...

Being new to BWI - I am not sure where the Inn side is vs. the Villa.s
When I look at this map Boardwalk Map is the Inn Side on the right? And the villa sida is where luna park is?

Thank you for your help!

2009: All Star Sports - Dad's First Disney Trip
2007 Part 2: Off Site - HS Trip

2007 Part 1: All Star Music
2005: Off Site - HS Trip[
1998: All Star Sports
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #948
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica527 View Post

When I look at this map Boardwalk Map is the Inn Side on the right? And the villa sida is where luna park is?

Thank you for your help!
Yes, on that map the BWI side is on the right (closer to Epcot) and the BWV side is on the left (closer to DHS).

Your wedding/honeymoon are coming up so soon! You must be very excited. Will you be posting a TR somewhere?
Old 04-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #949
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1princess1prince View Post
Hi everyone!! My family is getting so excited – we are headed to the WDW and the Boardwalk at the end of June!! I have so many questions – I have been researching a lot and probably ran across some of these answers but then lost track of them, so I was hoping I could get some advice from the experts!!
  • If we buy a few groceries as soon as we arrive – do they have somewhere cold to store them until our room is ready?
  • Can we take towels from the pool to Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon?
  • I have heard transportation to MK, DTD, AK , BB and TL is not the greatest -any tips?
  • Is it better to walk to Swan to get on any buses, to ensure we get a seat? (do any start pick up there? Are they very crowded in the summer?)
  • I am renting DVC points for the first time, anyone know if I add a day of trash and towel service – can I change the days? So instead of day 4 and 8 – can I do day 3, 5 and 7?
  • Do you still tip these mousekeepers? Sorry, they probably aren’t any different, just wondering since I have to pay to add a day on – and do people tip differently for trash and towel service then the full cleaning day?
  • We are renting a studio in the villas – should I/can I - make a room request?
Thanks Everyone
If you have purchased a reservation from a member (rented points), you cannot call to make a request. The member will need to do that for you. If you check in electronically 10 days ahead of your stay, you can make limited requests.

Trash is removed and towels replaced on day four if you are staying seven nights or less. If you stay eight nights or more, you get full cleaning on day four and trash and towel service on day eight. Instead of trash and towel service (which you request from housekeeping and the cost is added to your bill), you can also request an extra towel pack (four towels, two hand towels, four face cloths and a tub mat) for $6.

I don't tip housekeeping unless they do something special for us because Disney doesn't consider housekeeping a tipped position. If we have a problem in the kitchen or something and they have more work to do, I'd leave a tip. Otherwise, for trash and towel service all they do is gather the trash in the trash cans and remove the old towels and hang new ones. They might just leave the towels on the counter, too. So you aren't getting any special service from them at all.

If the Swan is the first stop returning, get off at the Swan and walk across the bridge back to the BWV.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #950
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica527 View Post

Thank you for your help!
Hope your wedding and honeymoon is magical!
Best wishes!

TY Kook!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #951
Kidgoingon40
Mouseketeer

Hi, everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say hi! My hubby and I are planning to stay at the boardwalk inn for the first time in october. I am so excited! We have always stayed in the magic kingdom area, but on this trip we were looking for a different deluxe this time.

We almost always stay at the GF, but tell you the truth, there was a small thing that kinda grossed me out a little bit when we stayed there last summer. We got in late our first night (around 10 pm - it was one of those days where everything went wrong and we ended up leaving way later than planned for our 9 hour drive). I went to use the bathroom as soon as we checked into the room, and I noticed something in the trash can (not a big deal) which I thought was odd since the room was supposed to be clean and ready for check in. I then noticed it was a feminine pad wrapper (I couldn't tell if it was empty or not if you know what I mean, but i sure wasn't going to investigate any further!! lol). Okay, so not the grossest thing ever, but not really what I want to see in my $400+ a night room. It appeared to be the only thing in the can which I thought was weird. I don't know if that had been the only thing in the trash and the housekeeping didn't see it and thought the can was empty or if someone had used the bathroom after it had been cleaned for some reason...I don't know, I was just kinda disturbed by it. But the room did appear to have been cleaned, but then I kinda worried it hadn't been (I am a worry wart). We usually don't complain about things in a hotel, but my hubby did call the lobby and mention it just because of what it was (like i said not the grossest thing in the world to find in a hotel room trash can, but if it had just been a tissue or something i probably wouldn't have thought much about it). The cast member he talked to was really surprised and said that was a pretty gross thing to find in your room and sent up two housekeepers to give the bathroom a wipe down to make sure it was clean (which wasn't necessary and we did really appreciate it) and they also removed that trash bag and put a new one in. The housekeeping head for the floor came by to apologize. So, like I said, not huge deal and they handled it really well. I guess I was just kinda disappointed it happened at all since that hotel is so expensive - but we love the hotel and I can't think of anything else we have had there that bothered us. But, I guess it just added to us being ready for a change for this trip - something new!!

We have never visited the boardwalk area even though we have been to disney several times in the last few years. I LOVE the way the area and the hotel look in the photos I have seen. I also love that it is such a close walk to epcot! The day we are arriving is my hubby and my 10th anniversary (we have been married for 4 years, but together for 10 the day we are arriving). I think the boardwalk inn looks like a great place to celebrate! Do you guys have any tips on any nice couple things/romantic things to do at the hotel or in the area? :D

Thanks for the great thread, too. So much great information and wonderful pictures.

Last edited by Kidgoingon40; 04-21-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #952
PHLtoMCO
Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

I dont blame you for wanting to switch things up. I think its fun to try new resorts! They have some great restaurants on the boardwalk to try. Cute ice cream shop, surrey rides, and Jellyrolls (dueling piano bar) which is TONS of fun! As you probably know, it's within walking distance to EPCOT and HS (though a little longer), so your location will be great! We have stayed there several times and always had wonderful experiences. Enjoy! It's my 2nd favorite Disney resort!!
1989-Poly, 1990-Big Red Boat/Poly, 1992-Poly, 1993-BC, 1995-Poly, 1996-BC, 1997-Poly, 1999-Poly, 2001-BWI, 2003-Poly, 2005-Poly, 2006-Poly/Sports, 2007-BWV, 2008-POP, 2009-ASM, 2010-BWV, 2011-Poly, 2012-BCV/POP, 2012-Poly, 2013-POP, 2013-AKL, 2013-BLT, 2014-POP, 2014-Disneyland

runDisney races - ToT 13k, ToT 10 miler, EEC, PHM, Enchanted 10k, GSC, Coast2Coast, next up....Avengers Half Marathon!

Last edited by PHLtoMCO; 04-22-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #953
Kidgoingon40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoMCO View Post
I dont blame you fir wanting to switvh things up. I think its fun to try mew resorts! They have some great restaurants on the boardwalk to try. Cute ice cream shop, surrey rides, and Jellyrolls (dueling piano bar) which is TONS of fun! As you probably know, it's within walking distance to EPCOT and HS (though a little longer), so your location will be great! We have stayed there several times and always had wonderful experiences. Enjoy! It's my 2nd favorite Disney resort!!
]

Hi! Thank you for the tips! :D What exactly is a surrey bike - is it one of those 2 people bikes? I have never learned to ride a bike, so is that something I would be able to do?
Old 04-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #954
PHLtoMCO
Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidgoingon40 View Post
]

Hi! Thank you for the tips! :D What exactly is a surrey bike - is it one of those 2 people bikes? I have never learned to ride a bike, so is that something I would be able to do?
Yes two people can ride on it and it also holds up to 4 people I think, or at least some of them do. Don't worry, it's not a 2-wheeler, you can definitely ride it and you would both pedal!
1989-Poly, 1990-Big Red Boat/Poly, 1992-Poly, 1993-BC, 1995-Poly, 1996-BC, 1997-Poly, 1999-Poly, 2001-BWI, 2003-Poly, 2005-Poly, 2006-Poly/Sports, 2007-BWV, 2008-POP, 2009-ASM, 2010-BWV, 2011-Poly, 2012-BCV/POP, 2012-Poly, 2013-POP, 2013-AKL, 2013-BLT, 2014-POP, 2014-Disneyland

runDisney races - ToT 13k, ToT 10 miler, EEC, PHM, Enchanted 10k, GSC, Coast2Coast, next up....Avengers Half Marathon!
Old 04-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #955
Kidgoingon40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes two people can ride on it and it also holds up to 4 people I think, or at least some of them do. Don't worry, it's not a 2-wheeler, you can definitely ride it and you would both pedal!
Ohhh, that sounds great! I'm really excited about this since I have never been able to ride a bike before
Old 04-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #956
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Kidgoingon40 - not sure if it is in your budget or not, but club level at BWI is great. What I really do like about BWI for CL is the view. When we stayed in 09 you pay flat rate for club level and get one of 3 nice views (boardwalk, garden and epcot though honestly the epcot view isn't so hot b/c you look over the walkway with a satellite dish but the other views are great!). We normally stay at YC CL and I have to pay an upgrade to see the lagoon or a small upgrade for garden and no ugrade fee for a parking lot which sadly at YC is plentiful).

My point being, you get a great view at BWI CL! AND a full balcony to enjoy it with. Their staff is super .

Sooooo if the difference isn't so great per night, totally worth it. Lounge is large and very pretty. I would stay here again in a heartbeat but DD and DH love storm along bay pool at yc!
DP
Old 04-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #957
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidgoingon40 View Post
Hi, everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say hi! My hubby and I are planning to stay at the boardwalk inn for the first time in october. I am so excited! We have always stayed in the magic kingdom area, but on this trip we were looking for a different deluxe this time.

We have never visited the boardwalk area even though we have been to disney several times in the last few years. I LOVE the way the area and the hotel look in the photos I have seen. I also love that it is such a close walk to epcot! The day we are arriving is my hubby and my 10th anniversary (we have been married for 4 years, but together for 10 the day we are arriving). I think the boardwalk inn looks like a great place to celebrate! Do you guys have any tips on any nice couple things/romantic things to do at the hotel or in the area? :D

Thanks for the great thread, too. So much great information and wonderful pictures.
Congrats on the anniversary. DW and I have been married 11 years and honeymooned in WDW. I think being on the Boardwalk at night is a great way to celebrate. The nighttime entertainment is really fun to watch, and a stroll around the water always is nice. And, if you time it right, you can get to the bridge to Epcot at the time of the fireworks.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #958
Jessica527
Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Yes, on that map the BWI side is on the right (closer to Epcot) and the BWV side is on the left (closer to DHS).

Your wedding/honeymoon are coming up so soon! You must be very excited. Will you be posting a TR somewhere?
Thank you for the info! I am very excited, I have been very busy getting ready for everything. I will post a TR and Dining Review! We are doing DxDp for 11 days, so I should have some interesting feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hope your wedding and honeymoon is magical!
Best wishes!
Thank you!

2009: All Star Sports - Dad's First Disney Trip
2007 Part 2: Off Site - HS Trip

2007 Part 1: All Star Music
2005: Off Site - HS Trip[
1998: All Star Sports
Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #959
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

I can't stand it anymore - CR/BWI fan4life - where are you???

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 04-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #960
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Quote:
I dont blame you for wanting to switch things up. I think its fun to try new resorts! They have some great restaurants on the boardwalk to try. Cute ice cream shop, surrey rides, and Jellyrolls (dueling piano bar) which is TONS of fun! As you probably know, it's within walking distance to EPCOT and HS (though a little longer), so your location will be great! We have stayed there several times and always had wonderful experiences. Enjoy! It's my 2nd favorite Disney resort!!
I can guess what your favorite is, as that is ours also.

I stayed at the Boardwalk in February with a friend and loved it!
My DH are going to WDW in November staying at the Boardwalk. He's never been there, so I'm hoping he likes it as much as I do.

Just in case I may do a split stay so he can have 3 days at the Polynesian.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: