Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #931
1princess1prince
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!! My family is getting so excited – we are headed to the WDW and the Boardwalk at the end of June!! I have so many questions – I have been researching a lot and probably ran across some of these answers but then lost track of them, so I was hoping I could get some advice from the experts!!
  • If we buy a few groceries as soon as we arrive – do they have somewhere cold to store them until our room is ready?
  • Can we take towels from the pool to Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon?
  • I have heard transportation to MK, DTD, AK , BB and TL is not the greatest -any tips?
  • Is it better to walk to Swan to get on any buses, to ensure we get a seat? (do any start pick up there? Are they very crowded in the summer?)
  • I am renting DVC points for the first time, anyone know if I add a day of trash and towel service – can I change the days? So instead of day 4 and 8 – can I do day 3, 5 and 7?
  • Do you still tip these mousekeepers? Sorry, they probably aren’t any different, just wondering since I have to pay to add a day on – and do people tip differently for trash and towel service then the full cleaning day?
  • We are renting a studio in the villas – should I/can I - make a room request?
Thanks Everyone
Summer 2011 - 5 nights on the Dream
June 2012 - WDW - 8 nights at Boardwalk Villas
June 2013 - 7 night Western Caribbean on Fantasy

13 months till Eastern Caribbean
Old 04-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #932
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Jenn, You will love the room like Jackiemail said. We may get to say hi too depending on exact timing. Now that DD is just playing basketball, golf and volleyball we are heading down end of May/first part of June next year and meeting up with Nascargirl and DH again finally

Last edited by sfbank; 04-18-2012 at 03:56 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #933
jackemail
DIS Veteran

BEAUTIFUL photos, missyrose.......makes me very homesick!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #934
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous photos missyrose - can I be cheeky and ask what camera you used? They really are stunning.

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
Old 04-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #935
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
Jenn, You will love the room like Jackiemail said. We may get to say hi to depending on exact timing. Now that DD is just playing basketball, golf and volleyball we are heading down end of May/first part of June next year and meeting up with Nascargirl and DH again finally
That's great! We love new Disney friends!!

I'm thinking we are going to call Disney tonight and put in the room only ressie now then when they release the package prices add on our dining/tickets then. Only a few deluxe rooms and I don't want to chance missing out! LOL!

I have two Questions...

for those familiar with CL, can you ask for items that aren't out...like say some adult beverages in the afternoon to take to the pool? When we stayed at BC CL last year, they wouldn't so my hubby would stockpile Heineken bottles every night in our room fridge but I've read on the boards (I think it was the Poly) that would bring you out a few even if it wasn't the evening hours.

Also, we're contemplating getting APs this year and are wondering if the BWI rooms, mainly CL, are easy to grab on the AP room discounts or not? We will gladly accept any of the discounts, whether free dining or room discount, but know that they are hit or miss and not a guarantee!

Old 04-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #936
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Definately keep some in the fridge. That way you have them. I know they will give you a bottle of water when you ask, even Diet Coke lol. Not sure about the drinks off hours. We always get some wine from the store to have as well.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #937
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail View Post
BEAUTIFUL photos, missyrose.......makes me very homesick!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
Gorgeous photos missyrose - can I be cheeky and ask what camera you used? They really are stunning.
I'll ask Franklin, my DBF, for all the technical info. He's the photographer, which works out perfectly. I write the trip reports and he supplies the gorgeous photos. I'll report back what camera and lenses he used.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 04-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #938
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv0033 View Post
Hello Disboards community!

My wife and I are planning our first-ever stay at BWI and our first-ever trip to WDW without the kids! (It's our 15th wedding anniversary!!). I'm about halfway through this thread, taking notes, but thought I would ask for advice directly.

Our ideal room would be (in order of importance):
- Club level (standard)
- unobstructed boardwalk/lake view
- 4th floor (to be on same floor as lounge)
- king bed
- spacious balcony

does this exist? if so, advice on how to request it (other than the obvious of just providing the above list in the reservation)? Usually we are not this picky, but I'm trying to get everything we want for what may be our first and only no-kids vacation for at least 15 more years.

Thanks! and now back to reading....
Hello! I had this room in 2009. It is right outside the locked door that the CM sits at to buzz you in. Not my favorite thing thing I like being IN the door but this exact room with king bed and all sits right outside the locked club level area but it IS Club level. Others will know other rooms that fit the bill but this does for surel.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #939
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
It's shot with a Nikon D7000, ISO 100 with a focal point of 85mm at f/4.5
Old 04-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #940
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1princess1prince View Post
Hi everyone!! My family is getting so excited – we are headed to the WDW and the Boardwalk at the end of June!! I have so many questions – I have been researching a lot and probably ran across some of these answers but then lost track of them, so I was hoping I could get some advice from the experts!!
  • If we buy a few groceries as soon as we arrive – do they have somewhere cold to store them until our room is ready?

Yes just ask the parking attendants who help you with this, they have refrigerators for this.
  • Can we take towels from the pool to Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon?
  • I have heard transportation to MK, DTD, AK , BB and TL is not the greatest -any tips?

We never really had any issues going...BW was the first stop on the route. But coming back is a totally different story. We usually got off at the Swan and walked back because we were tired of being on a crowded bus. The walk to DHS is really short and nice...no need for the water taxi as well as the walk to Epcot.
  • Is it better to walk to Swan to get on any buses, to ensure we get a seat? (do any start pick up there? Are they very crowded in the summer?)

Again we were the first stop for picking up...then the Swan and Dolphin.
  • I am renting DVC points for the first time, anyone know if I add a day of trash and towel service – can I change the days? So instead of day 4 and 8 – can I do day 3, 5 and 7?
  • Do you still tip these mousekeepers? Sorry, they probably aren’t any different, just wondering since I have to pay to add a day on – and do people tip differently for trash and towel service then the full cleaning day?
  • We are renting a studio in the villas – should I/can I - make a room request?

Thanks Everyone
Happy Stay...my family LOVED the BWV. We too rented points over Christmas and had a wonderful stay! No complaints at all with the resort!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #941
1princess1prince
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Happy Stay...my family LOVED the BWV. We too rented points over Christmas and had a wonderful stay! No complaints at all with the resort!
Thank you so much momabaarjo!!

that is good news we are first stop on bus out and we dont mind at all getting off at Swan to walk back
Summer 2011 - 5 nights on the Dream
June 2012 - WDW - 8 nights at Boardwalk Villas
June 2013 - 7 night Western Caribbean on Fantasy

13 months till Eastern Caribbean
Old 04-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #942
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I've added all my recent photos to the first page, except my room/view photos. There are now photos of Muscles and Bustles health club, the BW Resort branded-merchandise (which I still don't understand why it doesn't say BWI) and more CL lounge photos and views.
I think it simply saves them from printing two sets of logos, and they can sell it to people both staying on the Inn side and the Villa side.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #943
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I think it simply saves them from printing two sets of logos, and they can sell it to people both staying on the Inn side and the Villa side.
Well, they had plenty of DVC/BWV labeled merchandise, but nothing had BWI on it, only BWR. Better than the CR though - not one single item sold at BVG with CR on it. Last summer they had one cheap fabric bracelet and this year there was nothing at all
Old 04-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #944
harv0033
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Hello! I had this room in 2009. It is right outside the locked door that the CM sits at to buzz you in. Not my favorite thing thing I like being IN the door but this exact room with king bed and all sits right outside the locked club level area but it IS Club level. Others will know other rooms that fit the bill but this does for surel.
I think I might have that scribbled in my notes somewhere. Was it #4261? How was the noise level?

Thanks for the response.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #945
Jessica527
Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)

Good Morning Everyone!!

I only have 15 days till wedding and 16 days till Disney!

Will anyone else be at BWI from May 6th to May 16th?

2009: All Star Sports - Dad's First Disney Trip
2007 Part 2: Off Site - HS Trip

2007 Part 1: All Star Music
2005: Off Site - HS Trip[
1998: All Star Sports
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: