Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #901
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
LOL-I would have voted for Nascargirl and KerryCM as the experts! Nascargirl and her DH go 3 times a year and have at least 30 visits to the Boardwalk Concierge under their belt. We have learned quite a bit on our own with 11 stays but have picked up things from Nascargirl and KerryCM both.
Absolutely whilst there are some great people here offering great advice Nascargirl and KerryCM have given me some amazing help and advice over the years, very much appreciated

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
Old 04-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #902
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

For the record, I must officially state that I am nowhere even close to expert status when it comes to BWI - not at all! (I might come close with WL). In fact, I created this new thread not because of my previous BWI experience, for which I had none, but because I was doing a lot of research on BWI for our upcoming first visit and noticed that the first page of the old thread, which was 12 years old, hadn't been updated in many years and was not very helpful to a newbie.

I felt that BWI/BWV really deserved a 21st century/up-to-date thread, so I did lots of research and culled a lot of room review posts/info. from the old thread and created this thread.

It's also VERY important that I mention, for the record, that I had made sure before creating the new thread that CR Resort Fan 4 Life would be the official host. He is a true expert and as you all know, a dedicated BWI and Innkeeper's Club fan.

As for the paint, I have no idea - Seashore Sweets Sea foam Green?
I wonder where BWI fan 4 ever// CR f4L is??? Haven't seen him as active the last while! I miss his input !
I love your review, thanks for giving such a detailed and honest overview of your experience....it will be very helpful to others planning. I honestly thought you'd come back completely wowed and in love with the resort....but the fact that you didn't won't defer me still from wanting to try it in the future I still think it sounds like a wonderful resort, and there is something out there for everyone.....it's great that there are so many lovely options I hope I love the POLY on my upcoming trip , but if I don't feel it like I didn't feel the BC, I'll just move onto somewhere else next time......BUT if I DO fall in love, then that's a good thing! it would be nice to have at least two favoourites to alternate between in the future, I already know AKL holds one of those spots in my heart

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #903
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Chimo, I've PM'd you regarding CRRF4L.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #904
earthelves
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
I wonder where BWI fan 4 ever// CR f4L is??? Haven't seen him as active the last while! I miss his input !
I love your review, thanks for giving such a detailed and honest overview of your experience....it will be very helpful to others planning. I honestly thought you'd come back completely wowed and in love with the resort....but the fact that you didn't won't defer me still from wanting to try it in the future I still think it sounds like a wonderful resort, and there is something out there for everyone.....it's great that there are so many lovely options I hope I love the POLY on my upcoming trip , but if I don't feel it like I didn't feel the BC, I'll just move onto somewhere else next time......BUT if I DO fall in love, then that's a good thing! it would be nice to have at least two favoourites to alternate between in the future, I already know AKL holds one of those spots in my heart
I too have been wondering where BWI fan 4 ever// CR f4L is? I just hope that all is "Ok"?
Anyone know?
Old 04-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #905
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthelves View Post
I too have been wondering where BWI fan 4 ever// CR f4L is? I just hope that all is "Ok"?
Anyone know?
Yes, he is OK, I've PM'd you.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #906
natp
Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me about the corner units at the BWVS and if they connect to a studio to make a two bedroom? Thanks
Old 04-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #907
jjohnson

Volunteer cheerleader for the official "exclusive tag fairy club" cheering squad.

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by natp View Post
Can anyone tell me about the corner units at the BWVS and if they connect to a studio to make a two bedroom? Thanks
All of the 2brm at BWV connect to a studio. They do not have any dedicated 2BRM units
Boardwalk Villas 2007
BWI Deluxe Concierge 2006 Saratoga Springs Resort 2006
Polynesian LVC 2005 Beach Club LVC 2005
Disneyland 2003
Old 04-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #908
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
KOOK those pcs were great!!! Did You fnd the room very noisy in the evenings?

DH's concern about staying at BW had always been about the Noise from the Boardwalk but he loved our room which was over the FF facing the Village Green with Views of Cresent Lake & the Boardwalk, with the doors to the balcony closed you did not hear the noise so he was happy. I am just wondering about a full head on water view room... So tempted to book CL next trip.
we recently stayed on t3rd floor bw view, right above koozina, was awesome to watch performers from balcony and with doors shut everyone asleep by 930 with no problem and without a peep
Old 04-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #909
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
LOL-I would have voted for Nascargirl and KerryCM as the experts! Nascargirl and her DH go 3 times a year and have at least 30 visits to the Boardwalk Concierge under their belt. We have learned quite a bit on our own with 11 stays but have picked up things from Nascargirl and KerryCM both.
Thank you for your opinion!!! I stay there at least twice a year, as do my children and their families. The cast are good friends and the reason we return so much. I love it at the BWI and especially the Innkeeper's Club.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #910
natp
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnson View Post
All of the 2brm at BWV connect to a studio. They do not have any dedicated 2BRM units
Thanks, has anyone ever stayed in a corner unit??
Old 04-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #911
Jessica527
Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)

Hello all! So my main request on resort reservation for our honeymoon was King Bed. I know that they are limited at BWI – but can anyone tell me more about this request? What kind of views come with King?

I am mainly nervous that we will get a handicap accessible, and while I know that people need this type.. it is just not what I am looking for. I would love a bath tub to relax in this trip

I would love your feedback and experience with this!

2009: All Star Sports - Dad's First Disney Trip
2007 Part 2: Off Site - HS Trip

2007 Part 1: All Star Music
2005: Off Site - HS Trip[
1998: All Star Sports
Old 04-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #912
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

CL Water View Rates

Hi everyone! We are really considering booking BWI for May 2013 trip and I've read through many pages on the board (great info btw). We are planning to book a Water View Club level so we could have views of the boardwalk, but when I go to Disney's website to check rates they do not list a water view club level pricing. Any help with this one? I don't want to call and book a standard view room and end up being not what we wanted!

Thanks in Advance!!

Jenn

Old 04-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #913
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica527 View Post
Hello all! So my main request on resort reservation for our honeymoon was King Bed. I know that they are limited at BWI – but can anyone tell me more about this request? What kind of views come with King?

I am mainly nervous that we will get a handicap accessible, and while I know that people need this type.. it is just not what I am looking for. I would love a bath tub to relax in this trip

I would love your feedback and experience with this!
Hi Jessica, Congrats on your upcoming wedding! We stayed at BWI this past September and had a king room. I don't remember the room number but it was on the 3rd floor I think and it was not a handicap accessible room, there was a tub.

We were at the end of a hallway, our balcony overlooked the front entrance / parking lot. Although we could see Tower or Terror. We also had a window on the side of the room that overlooked a convention center patio, but you could also see some of the Illuminations fireworks if you looked out at the right angle.

Our only request was "king room" and we got it. I think the less requests you have the more likely they are to be met, so I always pick the most important thing and request that.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #914
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
Hi everyone! We are really considering booking BWI for May 2013 trip and I've read through many pages on the board (great info btw). We are planning to book a Water View Club level so we could have views of the boardwalk, but when I go to Disney's website to check rates they do not list a water view club level pricing. Any help with this one? I don't want to call and book a standard view room and end up being not what we wanted!

Thanks in Advance!!

Jenn
Hi! BWI doesn't offer different CL room views for booking--there is just one category. You have to request BW/water view. Unfortunately, from what I understand, there are fewer of these rooms than there are those with a garden view.

Hope that helps, and I hope you're able to get the room view that you want!

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
Old 04-17-2012, 05:37 AM   #915
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage0306 View Post
Hi! BWI doesn't offer different CL room views for booking--there is just one category. You have to request BW/water view. Unfortunately, from what I understand, there are fewer of these rooms than there are those with a garden view.

Hope that helps, and I hope you're able to get the room view that you want!
Thank you! That's kind of strange that they work it like that. You would think Disney could charge a premium for the water view club rooms, they do at all the others, and I'm surprised they don't take advantage! LOL!

Thanks again for the input, we really had our heart set on the boardwalk view so now I'm not too sure we'd want to take that chance and not get it!

Jenn

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: