Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #886
whitney37354
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWI FAN 4 EVER View Post
While I will continue to think that the Contemporary is an excellent resort, my new found love for the Boardwalk Inn has finally forced me to give up my CR Resort Fan 4 Life user name, and now go with something that is more appropriate - BWI FAN 4 EVER. It was tough giving up 39,674 posts, but it is worth it as a signal to my new allegiance.
Wow.

You were most helpful during the planning of our June 2010 stay at CR. As I hope to stay at each WDW Resort at some point, I'm sure you'll be of great help when I get to BWI!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #887
jmamom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmom4285 View Post
jmamom, ESPN club does not take reservations. It's strictly walk-in. It can be very hard to get if there's a big sporting event on TV, but otherwise it's generally fairly easy to be seated. We've gone there to eat when we've been staying offsite, and there's no fee to park. Just explain to the attendant at the parking lot entrance that you're there to eat at ESPN, and they'll let you park. There's supposed to be a policy about only allowing people to park at a resort for three hours if they aren't staying there, but we've never been given any limitation on how long we could stay. The attendant just tells us to have a good time and lets us in.
Thank you!!!

October 2001 at the Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 at the Polynesian
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #888
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
While I will continue to think that the Contemporary is an excellent resort, my new found love for the Boardwalk Inn has finally forced me to give up my CR Resort Fan 4 Life user name, and now go with something that is more appropriate - BWI FAN 4 EVER. It was tough giving up 39,674 posts, but it is worth it as a signal to my new allegiance.
I agree with the others, this will take a little while to get used to your new username. Reading all the wonderful things you always have to say about the CL staff at BW just makes me so excited about our stay in Dec. You have been equally great on providing info for our stay at CR in Oct too.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #889
tortoni
DIS Veteran

Hello all, staying at BWV next week. Have not stayed there in years, we are usually across the pond at BCV. Anyway, very excited. We have a standard 1 bedroom. Any room request we should make? Also, I just noticed on the maps on tis thread that there is a quiet pool and gardens that appears to be close to Epcot. Is this for all to use? Or just those staying in that area? I am guessing the BW pools will be crowded next week with the SAB closure so looking for a quiet spot to relax in the afternoon.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #890
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoni View Post
Hello all, staying at BWV next week. Have not stayed there in years, we are usually across the pond at BCV. Anyway, very excited. We have a standard 1 bedroom. Any room request we should make? Also, I just noticed on the maps on tis thread that there is a quiet pool and gardens that appears to be close to Epcot. Is this for all to use? Or just those staying in that area? I am guessing the BW pools will be crowded next week with the SAB closure so looking for a quiet spot to relax in the afternoon.
There are actually two quiet pools at the Boardwalk. One on the Inn side (closer to Epcot), and one on the Villa side by the community hall. That's in addition to the evil clown pool, which is the one likely to be busy from the SAB overflow. I don't think there are any specific rules to say the Inn-side quiet pool is for Inn people and vice versa, but you likely would want to use the one closest to your room.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #891
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

IPO ADR question

My ADR date is still just over 2 months away, but I am about a week out from booking ADRs for another trip and it just got me thinking about my Dec trip, so I wanted to ask the experts this...

I know I should hear something from IPO a week or 2 before my ADR date in June. On my ADR date, how early can I expect to hear something back from the IPOs to let me know about the ADR confirmations? We are doing DxDP for 9 nights, so there are quite a few they will be booking. I'm just so nervous about handing over the responsibility to someone else...but at the same time, I do not care to get up to be online by 6am EST to book myself since I am paying someone else to do it for me .

Also, for places like Ohana and CRT, do I need to give them back up dates just in case they cant book my 1st choice dates? This whole CL thing is new to me, so I dont really know.

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #892
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Such a happy change for you! Although 39,674 posts is impressive, it is more impressive that you “made it official” with your new moniker. You are very helpful no matter the Resort, and I look forward to another stay at BWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I will try (again) to post photos and more BWI and CL details later
Will you be posting your final thoughts on BWI? Even though BWI didn't sway you to be your favorite Resort, I would appreciate your views on your BWI and BWI CL likes and dislikes.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #893
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

BWI-CL review posted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Will you be posting your final thoughts on BWI? Even though BWI didn't sway you to be your favorite Resort, I would appreciate your views on your BWI and BWI CL likes and dislikes.
Too ironic! I just posted my BWI-CL review here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post44568239
Old 04-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #894
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Too ironic! I just posted my BWI-CL review here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post44568239
Timing is everything. Thanks I just saw on the RC. Here I go...
Old 04-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #895
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Timing is everything. Thanks I just saw on the RC. Here I go...
Warning: It may not reflect the views and opinions of other DISers and your mileage may vary and no refunds, exchanges or returns...
Old 04-13-2012, 05:32 AM   #896
WDWKOOK

Photo of the day:

Old 04-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #897
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

WDWKook, being the expert on all things BWI (not to mention our beloved WL ) would you happen to know the "official" paint color of the beautiful seafoam color that is in the above pic. I always found it to be such a pretty color.

Have a Magical day!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 04-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #898
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
WDWKook, being the expert on all things BWI (not to mention our beloved WL ) would you happen to know the "official" paint color of the beautiful seafoam color that is in the above pic. I always found it to be such a pretty color.

Have a Magical day!

For the record, I must officially state that I am nowhere even close to expert status when it comes to BWI - not at all! (I might come close with WL). In fact, I created this new thread not because of my previous BWI experience, for which I had none, but because I was doing a lot of research on BWI for our upcoming first visit and noticed that the first page of the old thread, which was 12 years old, hadn't been updated in many years and was not very helpful to a newbie.

I felt that BWI/BWV really deserved a 21st century/up-to-date thread, so I did lots of research and culled a lot of room review posts/info. from the old thread and created this thread.

It's also VERY important that I mention, for the record, that I had made sure before creating the new thread that CR Resort Fan 4 Life would be the official host. He is a true expert and as you all know, a dedicated BWI and Innkeeper's Club fan.

As for the paint, I have no idea - Seashore Sweets Sea foam Green?
Old 04-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #899
sfbank
DIS Veteran

LOL-I would have voted for Nascargirl and KerryCM as the experts! Nascargirl and her DH go 3 times a year and have at least 30 visits to the Boardwalk Concierge under their belt. We have learned quite a bit on our own with 11 stays but have picked up things from Nascargirl and KerryCM both.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #900
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

sfbank thank you for the kind words.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: