Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #841
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Good morning from BWI!
Hi WDWKOOK. I sure hope DD is feeling fine now. ... Wishes to you that you completely enjoy BWI CL and beyond... ...Anticipating the full report...
Old 03-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #842
kathie859
DIS Veteran

We're sitting @ MCO waiting for our flight to board. We hated leaving this morning but after the crowds last night at the MK, I think we picked a good week to visit. It seemed to get progressively busy as the week passed.

Highlights of this trip were the fantastic, welcoming CM's at the BWI, seeing Wishes twice, seeing all the fantastic flowers and topiaries at the flower and garden show. Makes me want to go home and DIG!!! Dinner at The Flying Fish was so good. The chef works the room and we had a nice conversation about the Chef's Table experience which we did last December and the UK/Louisville game tonight! One of the restaurant managers dropped by to give us her card and we chatted about a little birthday dinner celebration for my DD, DGD and me in October. She offered to assist in getting a cake ordered as a surprise for my DD and DGD.

The Brown Derby redeemed themselves this trip. We had eaten there two years ago and it was dreadful!! Lousy food, lousy service!! We ate there for lunch this trip and it was delightful. A completely different experience!

I also enjoyed finding the quiet pool at the resort. It's such a lovely setting and the whole week's weather was grand!

Can't wait for October!!! Time to start planning
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #843
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

We will be there June 14-17, 2012

We will be at BWV (DVC) June 14-17. This will be our first stay and we are excited. I have to say that I have gone over this whole thread and I am glad I did.

This stay actually ends our Driving Adventure (as I like to call it)

This
Old 03-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #844
bowbat
DIS Veteran

WDWKOOK -- sorry your trip got off to a bit of a rough start, and hope your daughter is feeling MUCH better now. Enjoy your trip & can't wait to hear all about it!

Kathie859 -- Sounds like you had a great stay. We did a late lunch at Brown Derby in November and it was fantastic, from food to service, but I've definitely heard of others not being so lucky. Glad it worked out for you this time.

S'sMom -- This thread & everyone on it are just awesome. Hope you have a great trip!
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
Old 04-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #845
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I multi-quoted everyone yesterday and when I went to post, the "server wasn't responding" and I couldn't post. The free WiFi has been less than reliable. I also tried to upload photos to PhotoBucket, but the connection was way too slow. I'm sorry for the lack of posting and photos

I want to thank everyone for all the well wishes. You're all great and I appreciate your concern. After a good night's sleep, DD was fine the next day. I think that lack of sleep and a long drive got the best of me and I certainly over-reacted about seeing that ambulance.

We've really enjoyed being able to walk to DHS and Epcot. Our morning jogs are also wonderful around the lake and back and forth to DHS. The lounge is busier at breakfast, but usually not busy at all from 5-10.

Yesterday, we went to DHS EMH and Epcot in the evening. We got back to BWI right before a downpour with lots of wind. Today is another Epcot day and tomorrow we switch over to WL.

I've got to head to breakfast now - the natives are restless. I will try (again) to post photos and more BWI and CL details later
Old 04-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #846
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I multi-quoted everyone yesterday and when I went to post, the "server wasn't responding" and I couldn't post. The free WiFi has been less than reliable. I also tried to upload photos to PhotoBucket, but the connection was way too slow. I'm sorry for the lack of posting and photos

I want to thank everyone for all the well wishes. You're all great and I appreciate your concern. After a good night's sleep, DD was fine the next day. I think that lack of sleep and a long drive got the best of me and I certainly over-reacted about seeing that ambulance.

We've really enjoyed being able to walk to DHS and Epcot. Our morning jogs are also wonderful around the lake and back and forth to DHS. The lounge is busier at breakfast, but usually not busy at all from 5-10.

Yesterday, we went to DHS EMH and Epcot in the evening. We got back to BWI right before a downpour with lots of wind. Today is another Epcot day and tomorrow we switch over to WL.

I've got to head to breakfast now - the natives are restless. I will try (again) to post photos and more BWI and CL details later
Good Morning!

I had to come over and see how things are going at BWI, sounds like you are having a great time.

We also switch to the Epcot resorts at times, especially during Food and Wine. It's just so easy to walk everywhere. And, there are such beautiful resorts to stay at. We LOVE the Boardwalk's Belle Vue Lounge, great place for some fun and a fantastic drink!

Have a great day! We'll be looking forward to hearing on the Lodge soon.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #847
Sazzo'sMommy
DIS Veteran

Here now at BWV and having a great time lounging in bed on the WiFi! We checked in yesterday and were greeted at our car by name, told our room was ready, walked inside and were handed our room keys right inside the sliding doors! Now that's what I call FANTASTIC WDW service!
All Star Movies 2006, All Star Music (Family Suite) 2009, All Star Sports 1997-2002, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004, 2005 & CL 2007,Animal Kingdom Jambo House DVC 2013, Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas 2011, Art of Animation 2012, Bay Lake Tower 2012, Beach Club (CL) 1989 - 2013, Beach Club Villas 2009, Boardwalk Inn (CL) 2003 - 2008, Boardwalk Villas 2000 & 2008 - 2014, Carribean Beach 2001, Contemporary(CL) 2001, 2005 & 2007, Dolphin 2010, Grand Floridian 2005 & RPC 2010, OKW 2008-2013, Polynesian(CL) 1972-2001, 2005, & 2006, Port Orleans French Quarter 2004, Port Orleans Riverside 2004, Portifino Bay Resort 2012-2014*not WDW*, Royal Pacific Resort 2011*not WDW*, Saratoga Springs Resort 2014, Swan(CL) 2000 - 2014, Villas at Wilderness Lodge 2007, Wilderness Lodge(CL) 2000 & 2005, & Yacht Club(CL) 1995 - 2008...and NOW(drum roll, please)...SSR & BWV DVC, baby!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #848
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazzo'sMommy View Post
Here now at BWV and having a great time lounging in bed on the WiFi! We checked in yesterday and were greeted at our car by name, told our room was ready, walked inside and were handed our room keys right inside the sliding doors! Now that's what I call FANTASTIC WDW service!
Great start to the trip! I hope you enjoy the stay!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #849
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Hi KOOK !

I found the same problem with the WiFi. I blamed it on the conventions there at the same time as my trip since it seemed to worked fine in the early am and in the evening.

Did you get over to Kouzzina yet?

Walking to Epcot & DHS is the Best!

Glad you are enjoying your stay at BW,Have a Great day.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #850
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
We are home (or here). I am so happy we got the courtyard view and are close to the lobby. We are in 2270. It is so peaceful in the courtyard right now. Just trying to relax and take it all in.
I hope you have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post
Hello BWI fans. Just back to the room after a little swim and sun by the quiet pool. This morning we ran over to Epcot specifically to use the 20% off coupon DH received on his receipt at Casey's (he was jonesing for a hot dog Tuesday night!). I love these discounts that are printed on the receipts of most (all?) CS spots. You just have to use them before noon. I had everything shipped back to our resort. Crowds are still medium. We did TSM last night at DHS. We had gotten FP's in the morning and came back to the BWI after a lunch at BD and took the boat back over around 6. Tuesday evening was spent at the MK. I love the Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes. What I really liked were the special effects on the castle for the new Memories show. I will say that the photograph quality on the castle is lousy. I don't think I'd recognize MYSELF if they flashed my picture up there. But overall the effects are cool. We've not had any transportation issues and am already bummed we have to leave on Saturday

Tonight is dinner at The Flying Fish and tomorrow is AK day. We'll have dinner at the California Grill on Friday night and the MK is open until midnight so we'll have our last "hoorah" until October.
I love those discounts on the receipts . I hope they are still doing those when we are there in December. On our last trip, I used 4 or 5 of them......you can't beat 20% off .

Quote:
Good morning from BWI! It was really touch and go yesterday, but everything is great now. We are in one of the 3 rooms not inside the Innkeeper's Club door which means we have the ginormous balcony right next to Crescent Lake and the dock and the extra window behind the sofa. It's not a problem at all not being inside CL. This view is amazing. But, it is VERY loud when the performers are out right next to the room, but that ended about 10:15 last night.

Yesterday, DD13 who never gets sick, said her ear was really hurting and her head pounding about 3/4 of the way in the car yesterday. She got up at 0300, so we figured she was also very tired. I gave her a decongestant and when we arrived at BWI she said it hurt a lot so she just wanted to sit on a bench next to the port cochere while DH and I parked the car and brought back a few things. We were gone only 5-10 minutes. When we started walking back from the car, right in front of the port cochere was an ambulance and fire truck with their lights on. I don't think I've ever been so scared and worried. I ran all the way there like a crazy person, only to find DD just sitting there still on the bench wondering what I was freaking out about. I was shaking and crying picturing her in the ambulance after having fainted and hitting her head, but no such thing at all. It took a few minutes to compose myself. I think having been up since 0200 might have had something to do with my unstable condition and my imagination took the best of me

We were immediately taken to our room and skipped Epcot since DD wasn't well. She hasn't even been to the lounge yet, but it feeling much better this morning and still has no fever so she's ready for breakfast, which is a good sign. We're going to take it easy today and walk over and exchange our AP vouchers and get our TIW and go to Epcot.

The lounge, BTW, was empty for apps. and dessert last night. I'm sure this will change soon now that it's Friday and the weekend is almost here. I'll check-in later and post photos, too
Hi, KOOK . Glad you made it safely, but sorry DD got sick . I would have reacted the same way after seeing the ambulance......that would have been scary. Did you end up going with a standard CL room or deluxe? The balcony sounds amazing......would love to see a pic if you can post one .

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'sMom View Post
We will be at BWV (DVC) June 14-17. This will be our first stay and we are excited. I have to say that I have gone over this whole thread and I am glad I did.

This stay actually ends our Driving Adventure (as I like to call it)

This
We will be trying the BWI for the first time in June 2013 and I have read nothing but great things about it........I'm sure you'll have a great time .

Quote:

Glad to hear DD is doing better . Sounds like you are having a wonderful time....can't wait to see pics .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazzo'sMommy View Post
Sounds like your trip is off to a great start .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Walking to Epcot & DHS is the Best!
I agree......you can't beat being able to walk to Epcot and DHS .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #851
Valeep
Mouseketeer

We just booked a 1-bedroom at BWV during October. I was unable to get the boardwalk view and was only able to get the Preferred View. We usually like to eat breakfast out on the balcony, will I just be starring at trees or are there some good views? I am wondering if it is still worth the extra money. Thoughts?
Old 04-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #852
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
. The chef works the room and we had a nice conversation about the Chef's Table experience which we did last December and the UK/Louisville game tonight!

Can't wait for October!!! Time to start planning
And what a great game it was. Go UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeep View Post
We just booked a 1-bedroom at BWV during October. I was unable to get the boardwalk view and was only able to get the Preferred View. We usually like to eat breakfast out on the balcony, will I just be starring at trees or are there some good views? I am wondering if it is still worth the extra money. Thoughts?
We pick the standard view to save points. For me, the appeal is the resort amenities and proximity to the parks. Have a great trip.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #853
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're sitting @ MCO waiting for our flight to board. We hated leaving this morning but after the crowds last night at the MK, I think we picked a good week to visit. It seemed to get progressively busy as the week passed.

The chef works the room and we had a nice conversation about the Chef's Table experience which we did last December and the UK/Louisville game tonight! One of the restaurant managers dropped by to give us her card and we chatted about a little birthday dinner celebration for my DD, DGD and me in October. She offered to assist in getting a cake ordered as a surprise for my DD and DGD.
Welcome home! I happened to be in the Edgewood Dollar Tree picking up some travel stuff when the game was ending. Ohhhh the hoopla in there--it was priceless to witness The cake would be an awesome surprise!! I see you're heading to DL soon!! We went in February and it was amazing!! The Monroe outlets had lots of Disneyland gear last week... so if you wanted to get anything to prep--they had lots! Glad you had a great trip!

Quote:

Glad you're having a great time!! Enjoy WL!!
Old 04-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #854
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning from BWI! It was really touch and go yesterday, but everything is great now. We are in one of the 3 rooms not inside the Innkeeper's Club door which means we have the ginormous balcony right next to Crescent Lake and the dock and the extra window behind the sofa. It's not a problem at all not being inside CL. This view is amazing. But, it is VERY loud when the performers are out right next to the room, but that ended about 10:15 last night.

Yesterday, DD13 who never gets sick, said her ear was really hurting and her head pounding about 3/4 of the way in the car yesterday. She got up at 0300, so we figured she was also very tired. I gave her a decongestant and when we arrived at BWI she said it hurt a lot so she just wanted to sit on a bench next to the port cochere while DH and I parked the car and brought back a few things. We were gone only 5-10 minutes. When we started walking back from the car, right in front of the port cochere was an ambulance and fire truck with their lights on. I don't think I've ever been so scared and worried. I ran all the way there like a crazy person, only to find DD just sitting there still on the bench wondering what I was freaking out about. I was shaking and crying picturing her in the ambulance after having fainted and hitting her head, but no such thing at all. It took a few minutes to compose myself. I think having been up since 0200 might have had something to do with my unstable condition and my imagination took the best of me

We were immediately taken to our room and skipped Epcot since DD wasn't well. She hasn't even been to the lounge yet, but it feeling much better this morning and still has no fever so she's ready for breakfast, which is a good sign. We're going to take it easy today and walk over and exchange our AP vouchers and get our TIW and go to Epcot.

The lounge, BTW, was empty for apps. and dessert last night. I'm sure this will change soon now that it's Friday and the weekend is almost here. I'll check-in later and post photos, too
HIya Kook! Oh no, sorry to hear about DD. I'm sure everything will settledown and be fine. Please keep us posted. Regarding the lounge, are you saying that they didn't put out appetizer's and dessert? Say hi to Anita and the gang if you can. They know me via Brunette or Michele. Tell her I was the one talking about all the DIS people (Nascar girl, CRResortFan, and quite a few others). Keep us posted! Hope you are having a GRAND time!

Brunette
Old 04-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #855
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeep View Post
There is a map around somewhere of the different categories, but basically the preferred views include the Luna Park pool (aka evil clown pool), the villas quiet pool/community center, and the waterway to Hollywood Studios. So I think there are some decent views in there, but probably some not so great ones, too.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: