Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #826
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Good morning from BWI! It was really touch and go yesterday, but everything is great now. We are in one of the 3 rooms not inside the Innkeeper's Club door which means we have the ginormous balcony right next to Crescent Lake and the dock and the extra window behind the sofa. It's not a problem at all not being inside CL. This view is amazing. But, it is VERY loud when the performers are out right next to the room, but that ended about 10:15 last night.

Yesterday, DD13 who never gets sick, said her ear was really hurting and her head pounding about 3/4 of the way in the car yesterday. She got up at 0300, so we figured she was also very tired. I gave her a decongestant and when we arrived at BWI she said it hurt a lot so she just wanted to sit on a bench next to the port cochere while DH and I parked the car and brought back a few things. We were gone only 5-10 minutes. When we started walking back from the car, right in front of the port cochere was an ambulance and fire truck with their lights on. I don't think I've ever been so scared and worried. I ran all the way there like a crazy person, only to find DD just sitting there still on the bench wondering what I was freaking out about. I was shaking and crying picturing her in the ambulance after having fainted and hitting her head, but no such thing at all. It took a few minutes to compose myself. I think having been up since 0200 might have had something to do with my unstable condition and my imagination took the best of me

We were immediately taken to our room and skipped Epcot since DD wasn't well. She hasn't even been to the lounge yet, but it feeling much better this morning and still has no fever so she's ready for breakfast, which is a good sign. We're going to take it easy today and walk over and exchange our AP vouchers and get our TIW and go to Epcot.

The lounge, BTW, was empty for apps. and dessert last night. I'm sure this will change soon now that it's Friday and the weekend is almost here. I'll check-in later and post photos, too
Old 03-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #827
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Kook...

Glad you made it there safe!! Hope DD feels better soon!! Have a great time!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #828
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hi Kook,
Glad you are all settled at the Boardwalk. Hope your DD is feeling much better today.
Looking forward to your photos, have a lovely day!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 03-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #829
psac
DIS Veteran

Wow, sorry for the scare, hope she feels better. Glad you like the room and you're okay with being outside the lockdown!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 03-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #830
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Good morning from BWI!
I can picture your DD looking at you like you were going nuts Glad you made it safely! Can't wait for the pics!!! Enjoy your day!! Does your DD get allergies??? It could still be a ear infection, so if it still bothers her, I'd run her to the clinic (so you can start her on meds and enjoy your trip) Antibiotics take awhile to work...and stuff like that happens when you are no where near home right

Hopefully she is on the mend. A nice leisurely Epcot day sounds wonderful

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 03-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #831
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Kook-Sorry to hear about the rough start. Hope all is well so you can enjoy your trip and the Boardwalk. Say hi to the cms from Iowa girl

Old 03-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #832
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

kook so sorry to hear about DD but glad to hear she seems to be better this morning! Can't wait to hear more about your trip and to see some pictures.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #833
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Awww Kook, sorry your trip is off to such a bumpy start! I hope DD starts to feel better and you get to start having some Disney fun!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 03-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #834
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Kook,

Sorry that your DD doesn't feel good, hopefully she will get better Hope you enjoy your stay at my all time favorite resort & club level ! They are the best !

PS I also love the club level at the WL but BWI closes in first lol

One of the CM at the WL Club level is now over at the BWI as a manager name is Josh. After the length of time we stop going to the WL & switch over to the BWI he remember me lol
Old 03-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #835
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

KOOK so sorry your day was less than perfect but happy to hear DD is feeling better. I can only imagine the scare you had seeing the ambulance

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #836
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

KOOK, so sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope she continues to feel better! Oh my goodness, seeing the ambulance must have freaked you out, however I am sure a lot of us would have reacted the same way, I know I would have!

Hope you have had a nice relaxing day at EPCOT. Enjoy the BWI and your ginormous balcony
Old 03-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #837
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Aw, Kook, what a scare! So thankful your DD was not the reason for the ambulance & fire truck...but do hope whomever it was for is also okay.

Glad DD is feeling better this morning and will continue to feel better all day. Gentle hugs and lots of PD.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #838
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

Kook-Hope DD is feeling much better now. We have had that same exact room twice now with the most recent back in Jan. Hope to hear more about your fantastic time and tell the CM a big hello from Nascargirl!
Old 03-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #839
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

We were immediately taken to our room and skipped Epcot since DD wasn't well. She hasn't even been to the lounge yet, but it feeling much better this morning and still has no fever so she's ready for breakfast, which is a good sign. We're going to take it easy today and walk over and exchange our AP vouchers and get our TIW and go to Epcot.
DW had a migraine yesterday and I know it's not fun traveling with sick child. Sorry for your scare and I do pray she is better today. No fun being sick.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #840
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Oooh, we had the "ear thing" once at Disney....had to have a doctor come to the room (expensive!!!), but she was good to go the next day. Hope your daughter is okay today!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: