Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #751
scoutsmom99
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Will travel a billion miles to ride Dumbo at MK
I get a little twinge everytime I pass a shoe section

On the subject of pools can we use pool noodles at Luna Park?
Old 03-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #752
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutsmom99 View Post
I don't see why not.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2012, 04:57 AM   #753
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
We officially passed ROFR for BWV resale. Now, just have to sign the contract and send the money. Hopefully, the contract and points will be finalized in time for me to book April 2013 at the Boardwalk. A Fall Break BLT trip and BWV Spring Break trip.
Congrats! One step closer...
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 03-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #754
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

One week from today we'll be arriving at BWI. After having gotten up at 0230 and driven 14 hours, I hope this friendly-looking gentleman can put us all on a luggage cart and drag us to the Innkeeper's Club

Quote:
Yes, you can even bring your own. You just can't use them on the slide.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #755
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I don't head to BWV until July 26th!!

But we head to DL (staying at DL hotel ) next week - so I'll get some kind of Disney fix soon And I head to CBR in May (solo trip) and I'll be at CSR right before our BWV (split stay - CSR with HUGE amount of family then to BWV for our family of 4 long weekend to recover from HUGE family vacation at CSR ).
That's SO cool!!! My bad...can't keep my own trip straight....All good!!! All your plans sound FANTABULOUS!!!Enjoy!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
One week from today we'll be arriving at BWI. After having gotten up at 0230 and driven 14 hours, I hope this friendly-looking gentleman can put us all on a luggage cart and drag us to the Innkeeper's Club
You will be bouncing off the walls....NOW once you hit the room you may all collapse
Old 03-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #756
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Kook-I am jealous. August can't come soon enough. I hope you have a great time Enjoy our home out of the corn fields

Old 03-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #757
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
One week from today we'll be arriving at BWI ... So if you're keeping score at home, the final score is: 4 nights BWI/CL in 11 days and 6 nights WL/CL
... I'll be posting my BWI/CL/Cottage opinion/observations LIVE
Hi Kook! So excited for your trip!!!! I like your “final score”. And, yes maybe August will be the right time for the Garden Suite. Luckily, there's always another time to try out a new Resort or room type. Where will you be posting? Here or elsewhere? I do wish we were going to BWI in August. It is our favorite resort now. It really felt like “home”. But YC will just have to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I can't say I am surprised because you always seem to change your reservations.
Hence the seasonal Orange Bird... Priceless!!! KOOK, is that really true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
OOH thank you - those are nice little tidbits! Do you happen to remember if they have the sliced apples and caramel or the little shooters filled with PB&J? My gourmet children are hoping that BWI CL has them as BC CL did! LOL
Just this month I had sliced green apples with caramel. And my DH devoured those nice PBJ rollups, so pretty.

Quote:
Yes. We have quite a collection from our DN who leaves them with us here in FL before they fly home.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #758
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am sure you are very excited and have you started to pack?
Old 03-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #759
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

You will be bouncing off the walls....NOW once you hit the room you may all collapse
As Jeanette would say, "It's all good."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
Kook-I am jealous. August can't come soon enough. I hope you have a great time Enjoy our home out of the corn fields
August will be here before you know it - it better be - that's when we go back. Have you booked all your ADRs yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Hi Kook! So excited for your trip!!!! I like your “final score”. And, yes maybe August will be the right time for the Garden Suite. Luckily, there's always another time to try out a new Resort or room type. Where will you be posting? Here or elsewhere? I do wish we were going to BWI in August. It is our favorite resort now. It really felt like “home”. But YC will just have to do...

Hence the seasonal Orange Bird... Priceless!!! KOOK, is that really true?
We're all among friends here, so I can confide in you that yes, I have been known to make some resort tweakings. But, every time I book I think, "This is just perfect," but then, well, you know what happens...

I already warned DH that I'd be tweaking our August trip after we try BWI - he wasn't surprised, but the WDTC CM might be when I tell him/her I'm calling from WL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I am sure you are very excited and have you started to pack?
Packing? Well, right next to me are some subtle reminders that I need to start that process this weekend:

Old 03-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #760
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Congrats! One step closer...
Thanks. It's just paperwork and time now (hopefully).
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #761
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Thanks. It's just paperwork and time now (hopefully).
Congrats! I just closed on my BWV contract. I hope the whole process speeds by for you.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 03-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #762
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

We arrive in a week . We have a standard room and I made a request to be near the lobby. If I do on line check in, should I call BWI to make sure my request wasn't lost?

Also, how likely is it if you make a request you get it? Or if I don't get the room I request, am I able to say I don't like the room and wait for a better room to become available? I just don't want to spend 11 days there facing the parking lot.
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
Old 03-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #763
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
We arrive in a week . We have a standard room and I made a request to be near the lobby. If I do on line check in, should I call BWI to make sure my request wasn't lost?

Also, how likely is it if you make a request you get it? Or if I don't get the room I request, am I able to say I don't like the room and wait for a better room to become available? I just don't want to spend 11 days there facing the parking lot.
Based on what others have said it's best not to use online check-in because when doing that it wipes out any requests you have.

As for how likely getting a request is I say it's 50/50 because either you will get it or you won't get them.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #764
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post

Many of the rooms close to the lobby are facing the driveway. I would request courtyard view first, then close to lobby. I only stayed on the Inn side once and we were right above the walkway to the bus stop. People were walking by all night. Luckily it was just one night before we moved to the villas.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #765
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As Jeanette would say, "It's all good."

August will be here before you know it - it better be - that's when we go back. Have you booked all your ADRs yet?

We're all among friends here, so I can confide in you that yes, I have been known to make some resort tweakings. But, every time I book I think, "This is just perfect," but then, well, you know what happens...

I already warned DH that I'd be tweaking our August trip after we try BWI - he wasn't surprised, but the WDTC CM might be when I tell him/her I'm calling from WL

Packing? Well, right next to me are some subtle reminders that I need to start that process this weekend:

Hey Kook! Been gone for a while! Remember me BRUNETTE!? I posted all those pictures of our KING Bedroom right on the bay. Remember to talk to Anita and a few others at the CL! They are fantastic. Ask them if they remember me (Michele aka Brunette)! LOL! Tell them I was the one that was talking about the other posters on the DIS i.e. CRRESORTFAN was one and Nascargirl and some cast member that did post hear, forgot her name. The CL will know all the people on the DIS! LOL!

BTW you can use any or all my pictures if you need them. I'm so excited you will be there soon! You will love this grand place I guarantee it!

One last question, WHERE DID YOU GET THE MICKEY MOUSE SUITCASE!!!!??? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun!
Brunette

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: