Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #736
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Just wanted to give everyone an update and it is FABULOUS news. I called member administration this afternoon and not only was my name in the DVC system (finally), my points had been loaded too! So off to member services I went, where I banked my 2011 points and made my first reservation.

And much to my surprise, there was a boardwalk view studio available for ALL SEVEN NIGHTS of our January/February trip! Yahoo! I've seriously been on ever since.

So now, oh wise Boardwalkians, what room requests should I add to my reservation? Some higher floor rooms can see Illuminations and Wishes, right? So should high floor be a request? I'm a blank canvas, I'll take any and all suggestions.

I can't wait to go "home." But it's gonna be a long 10-plus months, so I'm going to have to live vicariously through all of you who get to go between now and then. And if anyone has done trip reports from Boardwalk, I'd love to see links from those as well!
Just wanted to say I hope you have a great time.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #737
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano1182 View Post
Are there any services at the BWI quiet pool?Can I get a snack there?
The only thing there is a Coca Cola vending machine.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #738
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie832 View Post
I've been reading your posts on the DIS for a couple of years now, and I must say you know a crazy amount of WDW information, and I mean that in a good way When we stayed at YC, we went over to BWI for a short visit to see the Xmas decorations, but I must admit we didn't explore much because I think we were trying to dislike it in comparison to YC. So, now any information about navigating the resort is much appreciated.
You're welcome and I was I am always happy to help.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #739
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're welcome, Tinkerbellie16.

I'll be checking-in to the Innkeeper's Club next week. I'm going to ask if I can see their menu listing like I posted for WL. I'm also going to take photos and post them here.

We arrive during appetizer hour next Thursday and I'm so excited that they might have Tuna Tartar. Do they ever have sushi? DH will just love the smoked salmon, too. But, what is a blue crab cheesecake. I love crab, but I'm not sure how I feel about combining it with my cheesecake

:
Thanks WDWKOOK! I'd appreciate that! We will be at BWI CL in just 20 days! 18 days until PBH CL.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #740
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
The last time I stayed at the Contemporary in August 2010, Kook was staying in the room right next to mine and I didn't even know that.
I remember reading that...I think on the CR thread...that is quite a shame...at least you know she is not too rowdy
Quote:
If anyone could figure out a way to get a concierge to join them in the janitor's closet, it would have to be you. If that didn't work, you could always try room service
Do you think it's crazy that I think that is a fabulous compliment

Quote:
NO! It isn't just YOU! I love making those ADRs, too. No way would I delegate that joy to some stranger
I know...I need COMPLETE control for tweaking.....could you imagine if we coule (gulp) MODIFY reservations online

Quote:
Looks like I have some photos and reviews I'll be posting next week. Actually, I can't wait
I am so happy for you!!!!!! I can't wait for your pics...and now I want to go to WL in August for the refurbed CL rooms

Quote:
...And that, ladies and gentleman is why CRRF4L has never returned to the CR
So you had to follow him to BWI
Quote:
I'm a little bummed we won't get to go straight up to CL to check in, but I'm guessing we'll be too tired to care at that point. We will be arriving after leaving Berlin in the morning and changing planes at JFK in NYC

I can't wait to see Kook's updates! Now that we are officially booked, I am getting back into being DIS-obsessed (I can't bear reading some of the posts when we don't have a vacation booked).

I'm kind of obsessive about my ADRs as well (frequently changing and tweaking right up until the end), so I probably won't use the IPO for it unless I have trouble with an ADR I really want.
That is a long trip!!!! Just think bright and early you can get some coffee and breakfast in the morning at the Innkeeper's Club lounge...

ADR change's huh???check out amanda's thread for ADR changing let me know if you need the link

lisaCM and tinkerbellie also next to go??? Did I get that right? Enjoy!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #741
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Smile

We'll be at BWI CL 4/12-4/14! So excited for our short visit!

It will be here soon!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #742
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Just wanted to give everyone an update and it is FABULOUS news. I called member administration this afternoon and not only was my name in the DVC system (finally), my points had been loaded too! So off to member services I went, where I banked my 2011 points and made my first reservation.

And much to my surprise, there was a boardwalk view studio available for ALL SEVEN NIGHTS of our January/February trip! Yahoo! I've seriously been on ever since.

So now, oh wise Boardwalkians, what room requests should I add to my reservation? Some higher floor rooms can see Illuminations and Wishes, right? So should high floor be a request? I'm a blank canvas, I'll take any and all suggestions.
Congratulations! I know when we were in that waiting game, it felt like FOREVER for the points to come in. For the room request, I would request high floor, although last time we did and got 2nd floor. No problems seeing the fireworks from the second floor, but I definitely wouldn't want the first floor. Additionally, some rooms can be REALLY FAR from the elevators, if that matters you can request close to the elevators, but if that's not a big deal, don't sweat it.

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome I really think doing DDP at all with the CL would probably be too much food. We do love to eat, but we've always eaten more than usual on DDP or DxDP. Besides, we can use TIW for a whole year, and since we'll be getting APs, there is a good possibility we'll be back before those APs expire (that's the biggest problem with APs ).
I also agree on TIW being better with Club if you have the Annual Pass (or if you live in Florida or now with DVC ownership.) We did DxDP with Club, and we ended up doing signatures almost every night for dinner (which was a good thing), and either lunch or breakfast (not both) but then using all our snack credits for water in the park (too full for anything else), and even converting a few meals into additional snacks to take some things (like mickey rice crispy treats) back home with us.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 03-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #743
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
We'll be at BWI CL 4/12-4/14! So excited for our short visit!

It will be here soon!
I hope you have a great time.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #744
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
lisaCM and tinkerbellie also next to go??? Did I get that right? Enjoy!!!
I don't head to BWV until July 26th!!

But we head to DL (staying at DL hotel ) next week - so I'll get some kind of Disney fix soon And I head to CBR in May (solo trip) and I'll be at CSR right before our BWV (split stay - CSR with HUGE amount of family then to BWV for our family of 4 long weekend to recover from HUGE family vacation at CSR ).

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 03-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #745
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

We officially passed ROFR for BWV resale. Now, just have to sign the contract and send the money. Hopefully, the contract and points will be finalized in time for me to book April 2013 at the Boardwalk. A Fall Break BLT trip and BWV Spring Break trip.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #746
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

I have a question...at AKV DD loves to participate in the organized pool games they have every afternoon (bingo, trivia, hula hoop contest, etc). Do they have anything similar at BWV?

I'm wondering because at AKV I always have to schedule pool time for midday when the activities are going on (2:00-4:00ish). I'm wondering if I need to do that at BWV also.

TIA

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 03-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #747
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
I have a question...at AKV DD loves to participate in the organized pool games they have every afternoon (bingo, trivia, hula hoop contest, etc). Do they have anything similar at BWV?

I'm wondering because at AKV I always have to schedule pool time for midday when the activities are going on (2:00-4:00ish). I'm wondering if I need to do that at BWV also.

TIA
Yes, they have the pool games at the main pool. It will probably be round the same time. There are some differences at the resorts depending upon the setup (akv Kidani had relay races at spray park), but most of them have similar type games, music, etc.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 03-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #748
jcemom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Yes, they have the pool games at the main pool. It will probably be round the same time. There are some differences at the resorts depending upon the setup (akv Kidani had relay races at spray park), but most of them have similar type games, music, etc.
Thank you! That will make my planning a little more difficult, lol, but it is important to DD. She likes playing with other kids (and CMs) at the pool as much as she likes the rides in the park.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 03-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #749
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
Thank you! That will make my planning a little more difficult, lol, but it is important to DD. She likes playing with other kids (and CMs) at the pool as much as she likes the rides in the park.
Mine do as well. We enjoyed the Boardwalk so much the last time we were there. We make it a plan to do theme parks every other day, so that our dds can enjoy the resort, pool, games, etc, and that we can rest and enjoy the resort as well. Have a great trip.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 03-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #750
jcemom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Mine do as well. We enjoyed the Boardwalk so much the last time we were there. We make it a plan to do theme parks every other day, so that our dds can enjoy the resort, pool, games, etc, and that we can rest and enjoy the resort as well. Have a great trip.
Thank you! I'm sure we'll have an awesome time!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: