Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #61
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Picture of the Cast Member who will meet you if you are staying Club Level

For those who have not yet stayed Club Level at the Boardwalk Inn here is a picture of David who is the Cast Member that will meet you at the main entrance and will take you up to the lounge.

Also there is at least 1 or 2 days a week when he does not work, so if you don't see him that's the reason why.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #62
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
YES - the keys, I forgot that part - hilarious! Glad you guys don't mind the Seinfeld segues.

BOOK IT! Today is the day! Do you need to book a split? How many days are we talking about?

DD13 asked me not two hours after we got home from brunch, "What are we having for dinner?" When I told DH what she said, he then said, "Yeah, what is for dinner?" So you can just imagine what WDW is like...
I don't mind at all.....I love Seinfeld .

DH asked me earlier what I was doing today and I told him one thing was I'm going to call Disney sometime and book our trip. He just came downstairs and asked "did you call Disney?" I guess he does listen to me sometimes . I told him not yet as I can't decide where to book . But I will make a decision and book soon since our 180 days is tomorrow and I want to book my ADRs .

Your DD13 is just like my DS18.....he will no sooner finish eating breakfast and he's asking what's for dinner . That's why a good CS place is important to us when we're at Disney......food has to be easily accessible at all times .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #63
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
For those who have not yet stayed Club Level at the Boardwalk Inn here is a picture of David who is the Cast Member that will meet you at the main entrance and will take you up to the lounge.

Also there is at least 1 or 2 days a week when he does not work, so if you don't see him that's the reason why.
I love that photo, but since it's copyrighted, I didn't want to put it up on the first page. I hope I see him when I'm there so I can tell him I know him from his infamous Oyster photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I don't mind at all.....I love Seinfeld .

DH asked me earlier what I was doing today and I told him one thing was I'm going to call Disney sometime and book our trip. He just came downstairs and asked "did you call Disney?" I guess he does listen to me sometimes . I told him not yet as I can't decide where to book . But I will make a decision and book soon since our 180 days is tomorrow and I want to book my ADRs .

Your DD13 is just like my DS18.....he will no sooner finish eating breakfast and he's asking what's for dinner . That's why a good CS place is important to us when we're at Disney......food has to be easily accessible at all times .
Sounds like a match made in ADR heaven!

Your DH did hear you and he expects you to follow-up on your threat, ummm, promise to book today - so get movin' and report back to us what you booked (or to the RC thread, if that's more fitting).

Guess what time it is? Time for me to make dinner
Old 01-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #64
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like a match made in ADR heaven!

Your DH did hear you and he expects you to follow-up on your threat, ummm, promise to book today - so get movin' and report back to us what you booked (or to the RC thread, if that's more fitting).

Guess what time it is? Time for me to make dinner
I think you're right .

Usually when I say I'm going to call Disney I don't let much time lapse between the time I say it and the time I actually call .....but I don't know what's wrong with me today as I can't decide where to book . I think I may need to head over to the RC thread because I know whatever I do book, it's not going to be where we end up staying......or I will change a million times between now and the time we go and end up right back to where I originally book .

Funny you mention making dinner because I was just starting to think it's that time for us too .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 01-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #65
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Thank you, DonaldDuckFamily, I'm so glad you find the thread useful. It was my pleasure to put it together for everyone.

Your trip is coming up soon. Do you have your ADRs made?

We have My oldest DS and I got up at 5am the day we hit 180 to make them. We've been to Disney 6 times and done one table service meal. We got Free Dining so we are taking advantage of it. We are there for 11 days and our ressies are as follows:
Day 1 - Spirit of Aloha
Day 2 - Tony's Town Square (lunch)
Day 4 - Hoop Dee Doo
Day 5 - Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Day 6 - Donald's Safari Breakfast
Day 6 - Teppan Edo (dinner)
Day 8 - Biergarten (lunch)
Day 9 - Rose and Crown (dinner...we have a 7:50pm ressie and are really hoping we get to see Illuminations during dessert)
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club August 2014; BWI March 26th - April 4th 2015
DH Me DS 16 DD 11 : DS 9
Old 01-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #66
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
Thank you, DonaldDuckFamily, I'm so glad you find the thread useful. It was my pleasure to put it together for everyone.

Your trip is coming up soon. Do you have your ADRs made?

We have My oldest DS and I got up at 5am the day we hit 180 to make them. We've been to Disney 6 times and done one table service meal. We got Free Dining so we are taking advantage of it. We are there for 11 days and our ressies are as follows:
Day 1 - Spirit of Aloha
Day 4 - Hoop Dee Doo
Day 9 - Rose and Crown (dinner...we have a 7:50pm ressie and are really hoping we get to see Illuminations during dessert)
You should! Last summer our reservation at Rose and Crown was much earlier, like 6:55ish? We didn't get seated until around 7:30. We were seated right on the patio and didn't even get our dessert until around the time Illuminations was starting. This time we also have a 7:50 pm reservation at Rose and Crown and I can't imagine we won't be able to see Illuminations! I only hope we can get a patio seat again.

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
Old 01-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #67
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love that photo, but since it's copyrighted, I didn't want to put it up on the first page. I hope I see him when I'm there so I can tell him I know him from his infamous Oyster photo.
Last month when my family and I arrived we told him about his picture being on that website and he didn't even know that, so he was surprised and the next time we saw him he mentioned going on there to see it.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #68
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

HI WDWKOOK I just want to say AMAZING job on the new thread it is making me feel so excited for our BWI stay.....I am so happy to be trying one of those beautiful deluxe rooms and club level at such a much-loved club lounge! I know I didn't feel the BC love affair when I stayed in FEB 2011....but this Epcot area resort is giving me the butterflies and excited feelings whenever I think about our upcoming October stay! I hope I love it as much as so many others do! from what I hear, it's a great place for F and W time!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 01-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #69
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Another option for breakfast in the BW area is Fresh at the Dolphin. The reviews I've read have been good. I was just at WDW last week with some friends who went a day before me and went to Fresh one morning without me. They love breakfast and said it was great!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #70
pas130
DIS Veteran

Yay!!! The new BWI thread is up
Old 01-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #71
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Another option for breakfast in the BW area is Fresh at the Dolphin. The reviews I've read have been good. I was just at WDW last week with some friends who went a day before me and went to Fresh one morning without me. They love breakfast and said it was great!
Thank you . I think pixarmom suggested Picabu at the Dolphin. I will have to look into both places .

Last edited by mickeynut1; 01-16-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #72
Mumph39
Every day should be a magical day!

Fantastic thread! Thanks for all the work you put into it KOOK!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #73
disneyed
“I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.”

Wow, I do agree with everyone when I say you did a fantastic job on this thread Kook. As a recent newcomer, and one who is going to BWI later this week for the first time, I must say it is a wealth of information. As someone who used to work in the hotel industry, I think that the 'new hires' at BWI should read this as opposed to their training manuals. All they'll ever need to know.

On that note, I have a standard room booked for this week. Any particular room or area of the resort do you think I should ask for as my family and I would love to see Illuminations from our room some nights. Thanks!

January 2012 - BoardWalk Inn

January 2013 - Beach Club Resort

Me DW : DS (10) DD (4)
Old 01-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #74
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post

Day 1 - Spirit of Aloha
Day 4 - Hoop Dee Doo
You are just going to love all your TS meals. HDDR is so much fun - you'll love it - all your picks are great. Isn't it fun planning ADRs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Last month when my family and I arrived we told him about his picture being on that website and he didn't even know that, so he was surprised and the next time we saw him he mentioned going on there to see it.
You made him famous when you posted him to the old thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
HI WDWKOOK I just want to say AMAZING job on the new thread it is making me feel so excited for our BWI stay.....I am so happy to be trying one of those beautiful deluxe rooms and club level at such a much-loved club lounge! I know I didn't feel the BC love affair when I stayed in FEB 2011....but this Epcot area resort is giving me the butterflies and excited feelings whenever I think about our upcoming October stay! I hope I love it as much as so many others do! from what I hear, it's a great place for F and W time!
Awww, thank you, chimo2u. YOUR Deluxe room sure gets a lot of talk around here. You've made a great choice and I can't wait to hear about what you thought about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Thanks for this info. I'm going to look up Fresh and consider it for the first page's dining section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Yay!!! The new BWI thread is up
There you are. I know you've been working all weekend so thanks for stopping by - now get some sleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumph39 View Post
Fantastic thread! Thanks for all the work you put into it KOOK!
Thanks so much, Mumph39. I'm glad you like the new thread and I hope you stop by again soon. Your BWV stay is coming up real soon
Old 01-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #75
Mumph39
Every day should be a magical day!

Quote:
Thanks so much, Mumph39. I'm glad you like the new thread and I hope you stop by again soon. Your BWV stay is coming up real soon
You are very welcome! We are so excited about our upcoming trip. It's been about 3 years since we've been to BWV's. Too long in my opinion!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: