Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #706
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Water view can be of a pool. There is a quiet pool "behind" the Inn. #19 on this map

While it's true there are some Boardwalk Inn rooms that have a view of their quiet pool, those are considered as their Standard View rooms.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #707
smile145
Mouseketeer
 
smile145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 88

Thank you. That is very helpful that the water view will be a Boardwalk view and pool views are considered standard. It may help others to update post #2 with this clarification.
smile145 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #708
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile145 View Post
Thank you. That is very helpful that the water view will be a Boardwalk view and pool views are considered standard.
You're welcome and I was happy to help.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #709
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,990

Made a (final) change today... We decided to just go down in one day instead of stopping overnight in GA. Since we'll be arriving a day earlier, and in the evening, I didn't think it was worth paying for the Cottage for a late arrival. So I switched back to the STD CL room. As it turned out, DD overheard me mentioning the word "cottage" to DH and asked what I was up to. I confessed that I had switched to the Cottage, in part because she asked if we were going to have two bathrooms. I told her that I was going to switch back to the STD room since we are going to drive straight through (her preference). Ironically, she said she was happier with the STD room because it has a "real" bed, instead of a sleeper, which she prefers over her own bathroom. Glad we got that all straightened out.

So if you're keeping score at home, the final score is: 4 nights BWI/CL in 11 days and 6 nights WL/CL in 15 days







Quote:
Originally Posted by smile145 View Post
Thank you. That is very helpful that the water view will be a Boardwalk view and pool views are considered standard. It may help others to update post #2 with this clarification.
Because of your question, smile145, I edited post #2 of the first page to reflect exactly what the WDW site says are the STD and Water Views. There shouldn't be any confusion now
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #710
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,390

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Made a (final) change today... We decided to just go down in one day instead of stopping overnight in GA. Since we'll be arriving a day earlier, and in the evening, I didn't think it was worth paying for the Cottage for a late arrival. So I switched back to the STD CL room. As it turned out, DD overheard me mentioning the word "cottage" to DH and asked what I was up to. I confessed that I had switched to the Cottage, in part because she asked if we were going to have two bathrooms. I told her that I was going to switch back to the STD room since we are going to drive straight through (her preference). Ironically, she said she was happier with the STD room because it has a "real" bed, instead of a sleeper, which she prefers over her own bathroom. Glad we got that all straightened out.

So if you're keeping score at home, the final score is: 4 nights BWI/CL in 11 days and 6 nights WL/CL in 15 days








Because of your question, smile145, I edited post #2 of the first page to reflect exactly what the WDW site says are the STD and Water Views. There shouldn't be any confusion now
Glad you're all set, your vacation sounds fabulous!
__________________

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #711
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Made a (final) change today... We decided to just go down in one day instead of stopping overnight in GA. Since we'll be arriving a day earlier, and in the evening, I didn't think it was worth paying for the Cottage for a late arrival. So I switched back to the STD CL room. As it turned out, DD overheard me mentioning the word "cottage" to DH and asked what I was up to. I confessed that I had switched to the Cottage, in part because she asked if we were going to have two bathrooms. I told her that I was going to switch back to the STD room since we are going to drive straight through (her preference). Ironically, she said she was happier with the STD room because it has a "real" bed, instead of a sleeper, which she prefers over her own bathroom. Glad we got that all straightened out.

So if you're keeping score at home, the final score is: 4 nights BWI/CL in 11 days and 6 nights WL/CL in 15 days
I can't say I am surprised because you always seem to change your reservations.

Now that your back to a Standard Room what if you happen to get one of the three rooms located before the Innkeeper's Club door? Will you not mind staying on the regular side of the 4th floor and not on the keyed access side because it's only a 4 night stay.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #712
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,990

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Glad you're all set, your vacation sounds fabulous!
Thank you, gwynne. Yes, I'm officially all set for spring break now - finally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I can't say I am surprised because you always seem to change your reservations.

Now that your back to a Standard Room what if you happen to get one of the three rooms located before the Innkeeper's Club door? Will you not mind staying on the regular side of the 4th floor and not on the keyed access side because it's only a 4 night stay.
I thought you'd be happy that I added an extra night

Considering that we were booked in a cottage which isn't connected in any way to the CL floor, if we're outside the CL door on the same floor, it shouldn't be a problem. I can't recall, are those 3 rooms different from the rooms inside the keyed access door? Are they the ones with the huge balconies?
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #713
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I thought you'd be happy that I added an extra night
I am happy for ya KOOK
__________________

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #714
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I thought you'd be happy that I added an extra night

Considering that we were booked in a cottage which isn't connected in any way to the CL floor, if we're outside the CL door on the same floor, it shouldn't be a problem. I can't recall, are those 3 rooms different from the rooms inside the keyed access door? Are they the ones with the huge balconies?
Oh yes I am happy you added an extra night.

Those 3 rooms Standard Rooms are exactly the same design as the Standard Rooms located ones past the keyed access door and from what others have said one of them being #4261 has a huge balcony. However I am not sure of the balcony for the two rooms next to it.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #715
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,990

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I am happy for ya KOOK
Somehow, I knew you would be. I could probably change to the janitor's closet and you'd find the silver lining - thank you for always caring
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Oh yes I am happy you added an extra night.
Thanks - now I feel better. I thought maybe you'd missed that important piece of information about my adding an extra night

This vacation started out as 7 nights and has magically evolved into 10 - funny, how that happened. Makes me wonder what might happen to our August trip
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #716
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thanks - now I feel better. I thought maybe you'd missed that important piece of information about my adding an extra night

This vacation started out as 7 nights and has magically evolved into 10 - funny, how that happened. Makes me wonder what might happen to our August trip
I guess when I saw you say the words change to our vacation I wasn't surprised since you seem to do a lot of that, which was the reason for my original reply.

Now as for your August vacation hopefully you will like the BWI CL so much that you will want to stay there the whole time and cancel your CR CL protion of your vacation. After all that would mean seeing me a lot more in the lounge since we can finally meet in person and the fact we are only staying at the BWI for our whole trip.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #717
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,990

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I guess when I saw you say the words change to our vacation I wasn't surprised since you seem to do a lot of that, which was the reason for my original reply.

Now as for your August vacation hopefully you will like the BWI CL so much that you will want to stay there the whole time and cancel your CR CL protion of your vacation. After all that would mean seeing me a lot more in the lounge since we can finally meet in person and the fact we are only staying at the BWI for our whole trip.
Now that the CL rehab schedule for WL has been released, we know that all the CL rooms will be finished for our August visit. This means, we'll probably be changing one of our August reservations to WL/CL so that we can stay there on our anniversary. I plan on making a decision (meaning a change) during our spring break vacation after we've stayed at BWI. Right now we have CR and BWI booked. We'll either drop one of them and add WL or possibly do three resorts, like I originally had booked. I won't bore you any further with all the possible resort permutations because as you WELL know, this is all subject to change between now and August. But don't worry, whatever happens, we'll definitely plan to meet-up if for some reason we're not at BWI when you're there.

Speaking of DISmeets! Is anyone going to be at BWI/BWV next week?
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #718
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,745

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Here is a link to many Studio interior photos, however, I think they are pre-rehab:

http://allears.net/acc/g_bwv.htm


Here is a 2011 video tour of a Studio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF4ezU2pZkw

I know you asked about a Studio, but there are numerous 2012 One Bedroom photos here:

http://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotels...bedroom-villa/
Thank you for the 1 bedroom photos!!
__________________
DH ME DS (11) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #719
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer
 
LisaCM614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 467

Question Innkeepers Club Offerings

Does anyone have a list of the Innkeepers Club evening offering? I tried searching this thread and the CL thread and I had no luck!
LisaCM614 is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #720
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
Does anyone have a list of the Innkeepers Club evening offering? I tried searching this thread and the CL thread and I had no luck!
I can't remember exactly everything which is offered each night, however here is what I can remember.

Their hot food items on some nights have been the following. Duck Quesadillas, Spaniktapita, Veggie Spring Rolls, Beef Kabobs, Bacon Wrapped Scallops, Blue Crab Cheese Cake and some other items I can't remember.

Their cold food items will be Greek Salad, Orzo Salad, various Cheeses, Breads, Veggies, Crackers and each night they rotate between a Smoked Salmon and a Tuna Tartar. For example Thursday night is Tuna Tartar and Friday night is the Smoked Salmon.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: