Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #691
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
We just changed our reservation from BC CL to BWI CL for our April trip! DH is so excited. He just told me last night that he missed this resort! Glad to be going back!
Let me say you made a wonderful decison switching to the Boardwalk Inn because their Club Level Cast Members and everything else about it is out of this world.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #692
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
We just changed our reservation from BC CL to BWI CL for our April trip! DH is so excited. He just told me last night that he missed this resort! Glad to be going back!
How exciting! I know just how it feels to book one resort, but you miss another one that you didn't book. I hope you have a great visit, Lisa!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #693
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Let me say you made a wonderful decison switching to the Boardwalk Inn because their Club Level Cast Members and everything else about it is out of this world.
Thank you! I have heard lots of good things about the Club Level CMs at BWI. Enjoying reading through this thread. It has been 12 years since we were last at BWI - we've been to the Poly and BC in between.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #694
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Actually they are open until 1:30 AM.
OK. I was just going off of the DIS's menu, which may be outdated.

Citysearch has this:

ESPN Club
Hours:
Monday To Thursday From 11:30 AM To 01:00 AM
Friday To Saturday From 11:30 AM To 02:00 AM
Last updated 6.23.11

The Frommers site and the Orlando Sentinel site have the same hours listed as Citysearch.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #695
sportybears
Earning My Ears

Thank you guys so much!! Thats exactly what I was looking for!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #696
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
OK. I was just going off of the DIS's menu, which may be outdated.

Citysearch has this:

ESPN Club
Hours:
Monday To Thursday From 11:30 AM To 01:00 AM
Friday To Saturday From 11:30 AM To 02:00 AM
Last updated 6.23.11

The Frommers site and the Orlando Sentinel site have the same hours listed as Citysearch.
I went by the times listed on the Boardwalk information channel and that's what was listed in December 2011.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:14 AM   #697
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I looked at a detailed listing of every item in the One Bedroom on a site that can't be linked here and it doesn't mention Fiestaware (which I own), but I found one photo with some, but I don't know when it was taken:

When we were there in Nov, the plates were all plain white. Maybe some rooms will still have them as holdovers if you get lucky. Nice double hidden Mickey, though!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 03-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #698
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

I looked at the beginning info pages and maybe missed it--as a Delux resort do all the roorms in the BWI have refridgerators or must I request one? Thanks.

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
Old 03-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #699
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
I looked at the beginning info pages and maybe missed it--as a Delux resort do all the roorms in the BWI have refridgerators or must I request one? Thanks.
They all have fridge.

Last edited by Grumpy Grandma; 03-17-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #700
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
You will have a fridge!!!

Quote:

And, I eagerly await my arrival exactly two weeks from today. I'll be posting my BWI/CL/Cottage opinion/observations LIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I think what you have booked now .... Poly and GF is perfect for you. It's really what you wanted all along.

Maybe an Epcot resort in Jan???
Sounds great to me!!!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 03-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #701
smile145
Mouseketeer

Water View

I just booked the BWI for 3 nights in October as part of a split stay with the Polynesian.

I was given a choice of Standard View "Standard Rooms are located in the Main Building and offer views of a garden, leisure pool or parking area." or Water View "Water View Rooms are located in the Main Building and offer a view of the BoardWalk and Crescent Lake."

To me, that says that a Water view is a Boardwalk view and no chance of that being a pool view?

However, reading post #2 in this helpful thread, it states "WATER VIEW ROOMS sleep up to 5 and have either a king bed, 2 queens or 2 queens and a daybed. Views at the front of the resort can be of a pool or of the BoardWalk/Crescent Lake area in the back of the resort."

So I am wondering if either the thread is outdated in saying a water view can be a pool view OR is the information when I booked from Disney incorrect?

Thank you
Old 03-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #702
Al and Kate's Mom
DIS Veteran
Thanks for sharing the drinks and fun

Few questions

Hi all - great thread! Can you tell me how big the junior daybed is listed for some of the rooms? Also, how early will they let you through the IG to get to future world? And is walking the only way to get to DHS? TIA!!!

Trips: 1989-offsite; 1990-offsite; 1991-Disney Inn; 2005-ASMo; 2005-CBR; 2006-POP; 2008-ASMu;2008-POFQ; 2010-POFQ; 2010-CSR; 2011-Poly; 2012-BWI/Bonnet Creek; 2013-Emerald Island; 2014-POFQ; 2015-TBD
Old 03-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #703
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Kate's Mom View Post
Hi all - great thread! Can you tell me how big the junior daybed is listed for some of the rooms? Also, how early will they let you through the IG to get to future world? And is walking the only way to get to DHS? TIA!!!
Besides walking you can also take a boat to DHS.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #704
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile145 View Post
I just booked the BWI for 3 nights in October as part of a split stay with the Polynesian.

I was given a choice of Standard View "Standard Rooms are located in the Main Building and offer views of a garden, leisure pool or parking area." or Water View "Water View Rooms are located in the Main Building and offer a view of the BoardWalk and Crescent Lake."

To me, that says that a Water view is a Boardwalk view and no chance of that being a pool view?

However, reading post #2 in this helpful thread, it states "WATER VIEW ROOMS sleep up to 5 and have either a king bed, 2 queens or 2 queens and a daybed. Views at the front of the resort can be of a pool or of the BoardWalk/Crescent Lake area in the back of the resort."

So I am wondering if either the thread is outdated in saying a water view can be a pool view OR is the information when I booked from Disney incorrect?

Thank you
Water view can be of a pool. There is a quiet pool "behind" the Inn. #19 on this map

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."

Last edited by PNO4TE; 03-18-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #705
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile145 View Post

Thank you
A Water View room at the Boardwalk Inn is going to be of the Boardwalk area/Crescent Lake.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: