Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #676
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by To Wish Upon A Star View Post
YAY i eagerly await your very much valued opinion on these "Little Gems" When is it you are staying in one?

And, I eagerly await my arrival exactly two weeks from today. I'll be posting my BWI/CL/Cottage opinion/observations LIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportybears View Post
This thread is amazing & there is nothing like hearing from people who plenty of Disney experience! This is my first time staying at the BW Villas, so a few quick questions!

1-About how long does it take to get to Epcot (via International Gateway) & Hollywood Studios using the boat?

2-Can you see Illuminations from anywhere around the BWV?

3-I'm staying in a DVC studio room with a garden/pool view. Is there any requests regarding room #'s or floors or anything that I should try for!

Thanks!!
to the BWI/BWV thread and the DIS, sportybears! I'm so glad you like the thread and find it useful

I think that answers to your specific questions would be best left to those who've taken the boat to DHS, watched Illuminations from BWV and stayed in a Studio
Old 03-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #677
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
This thread is amazing & there is nothing like hearing from people who plenty of Disney experience! This is my first time staying at the BW Villas, so a few quick questions!

1-About how long does it take to get to Epcot (via International Gateway) & Hollywood Studios using the boat?

3-I'm staying in a DVC studio room with a garden/pool view. Is there any requests regarding room #'s or floors or anything that I should try for!

Thanks!!
It depends on where you are staying, but you will be able to walk to Epcot (5 min) before boat gets there. But, the boat does a cool turnaround move. I think it is a 15 min boat to DHS, but depends on line to get on boat.

The best view of fireworks is at either bridge. We had a SV at BWV and could not see fireworks there. Plus, the way BWV curves, I found it easier to walk onto the boardwalk to view them.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #678
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Still excited about my BWV stay in Oct!!! I've looked thru this entire thread but can't seem to find a picture of the interior of one of the villa studios .... does anyone have a picture that they could post? Thanks!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #679
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:

Thanks!!
I can answer #1 this way. We have walked from the international gateway as the boat left the dock. Since it stops at Y&B Club first, it usually gets tot he Boardwalk dock at about the same time as we do, so I say roughly 10 minutes. DHS is a little longer, since it first stops at the Swan/Dolphin before continuing to DHS, which is a little farther away than EPCOT, so I'd estimate 15 minutes?

We had a really nice view of the pool this past trip, on the hallway off of the main hallway on the fifth floor. Room 5024. You can ask for any even number from 5018 to 5026 or 5029 - 5066. The rooms from 5001 to 5017 do not overlook the pool. (The number sequence is the same on floors 3 and 4).

Old 03-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #680
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Still excited about my BWV stay in Oct!!! I've looked thru this entire thread but can't seem to find a picture of the interior of one of the villa studios .... does anyone have a picture that they could post? Thanks!!!
Here is a link to many Studio interior photos, however, I think they are pre-rehab:

http://allears.net/acc/g_bwv.htm

Here is a 2011 video tour of a Studio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF4ezU2pZkw

I know you asked about a Studio, but there are numerous 2012 One Bedroom photos here:

http://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotels...bedroom-villa/
Old 03-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #681
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the links .... wonderful pictures.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #682
gabriellyn
Woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Here is a link to many Studio interior photos, however, I think they are pre-rehab:

http://allears.net/acc/g_bwv.htm

Here is a 2011 video tour of a Studio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF4ezU2pZkw

I know you asked about a Studio, but there are numerous 2012 One Bedroom photos here:

http://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotels...bedroom-villa/
Great links! Thank you! We'll be in a one bedroom for opening weekend of F&W! Can't wait!

Do you know if BWV still stocks the Fiestaware? I love Fiestaware!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #683
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriellyn View Post
Great links! Thank you! We'll be in a one bedroom for opening weekend of F&W! Can't wait!

Do you know if BWV still stocks the Fiestaware? I love Fiestaware!
Thanks! I looked at a detailed listing of every item in the One Bedroom on a site that can't be linked here and it doesn't mention Fiestaware (which I own), but I found one photo with some, but I don't know when it was taken:

Old 03-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #684
gabriellyn
Woohoo!

Quote:
Thanks! I looked at a detailed listing of every item in the One Bedroom on a site that can't be linked here and it doesn't mention Fiestaware (which I own), but I found one photo with some, but I don't know when it was taken:

Thank you! I know they used to stock it in OKW. I think when we went last summer they still had it, but it was being phased out, or so I read. I was curious about BWV. We have Fiestaware too. Just love it!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #685
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ESPN is open 11:30 - 1am.
Actually they are open until 1:30 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #686
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!!
1) When walking to Epcot it takes me about 5 minutes once I get onto the Boardwalk itself. As for Hollywood Studios via the Boat I want to say it's at least 20 minutes since you have to factor in it also stopping at the Yacht Club/Beach Club and Swan/Dolphin. However it's alot faster to use the walkway which goes there and that takes about 10 - 15 minutes.

2) You can watch them from the bridge between the Boardwalk and Beach Club. Plus I also happened to see them when I was eating at Big River Grille & Brewing Works.

3) I have never stayed on the Boardwalk Villas side, so I can't help you with that question.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #687
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll be posting my BWI/CL/Cottage opinion/observations LIVE
That's great you will be doing that and I can't wait.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #688
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Yes that's correct.
Thanks!
Old 03-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #689
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
Thanks!
You're welcome and I was happy to help.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #690
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Smile BWI first time since 2000!

We just changed our reservation from BC CL to BWI CL for our April trip! DH is so excited. He just told me last night that he missed this resort! Glad to be going back!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: