Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #631
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Hello there Boardwalk peeps! I'm just back from WDW and this was my first chance to explore my new DVC "home" a bit since completing my purchase. We didn't stay at BWV this time (we were in an offsite rental home because we were there with extended family), but we spent an afternoon and evening exploring the resort and enjoying its experiences.

First, I have to say I think I made a wonderful choice on my new home. I loved every square inch of it. The gorgeously themed lobby, the street performers on the Boardwalk at night, the proximity to Epcot!!!! I had been to the resort before on previous trips, but this time I was seeing everything through new eyes and was trying to take in more of the details.

The pool looked amazing. The DVC model villas were gorgeous. Dinner at ESPN was yummy. And we got to watch Illuminations from the bridge to Epcot (thanks CRResortFan for that tip! ).

I cannot wait for my first stay at BWV (tentatively scheduled for Jan. 26, 2013. Just waiting for my points to be loaded into Disney's system to make the reservation). In the meantime, I'll continue to live vicariously through all of you and your upcoming trips to the Boardwalk!
It's great that you enjoyed visiting there and that you liked the ESPN Club, which is my favorite restaurant in WDW.

You're also welcome about the tip for watching Illuminations and I was happy to help.

I hope you enjoy staying at BWV and that your dates will be confirmed, so let us know when that happens.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #632
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
1) You also get a private check-in in the lounge or the desk area by the Innkeeper's Club door. Plus the BWI IPO Cast Members will make your ADR's before you arrive.

2) Both times I stayed in a Standard Club Level Room (Dec 2010 & Dec 2011) I requested a Boardwalk view and I happen to get #4223 both times that comes with a Boardwalk view.

3) I wouldn't say either view is better because it depends on what each person likes.

4) I believe kids need to be at least 16 to be in the lounge by themselves, however I can't remember if that's the correct age.
Just a few other CL perks:

~Robes
~Automatic nightly turndown service
~If ever you need anything or have any problems when you're at BWI, you can call directly to the CL desk for help rather than calling a call center somewhere else
~The CL desks have free DVDs you can borrow

Also, I thought at WL the rules of conduct sign mentioned that guests under 12 must be accompanied by an adult or else I wouldn't have allowed DD 12 at the time to go to the lounge alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlton the bear View Post
The Garden Suites are nice, and I am sure that you will have a great time, but I hope you aren't disapponted by the "security" aspect.
The cottages do not have their own private entrance - anyone can walk past them either to just walk around, or use the quiet pool which is adjacent to the cottages. Not only can BW guests gain access to this area, but anyone just visting the hotel can see the garden suites (from the outside obviously) if they wanted to. In this respect the cottages offer "less security" than if you were staying on the 4th floor. While only half of the 4th floor is CL, to get access to the CL rooms and lounge you still need to pass by the CL desk when it is manned, and when there is no one there you need to use you card to gain access. Yes I realize that you can gain access to the restricted area on the 4th floor by using the stairs from the 3rd floor, but I have have stayed CL at the CR and have had people (who were not staying CL) get off the 12th floor after I used my card in the elevator "just to take a look around", and no one stopped them.
In any case enjoy your stay at the BWI.
I understand completely what you're saying about the security aspect. I suppose what I was trying to convey is that as far as WDW CL "security" is concerned, I would put resorts like WL, RPC, Poly, YC/BC and the CR higher up on the "secure" list than BWI and AKL because they have CL exclusive floors and/or buildings with keyed-access in the elevators/doors. I understand that BWI's CL does have a keyed-access door on the 4th floor in order to get to most of the CL rooms, but not all, and half the 4th floor rooms are non-CL. I also understand that CL at BWI was an afterthought and that's why it's not configured like most WDW CLs. But, they do have a desk outside the door which is manned, so that's a nice touch. Aren't all the cottages behind a white picket fence? I suppose that provides a little more "privacy".

I guess I rationalized the non-secured access to the cottage because I figured if I booked a Deluxe room, then I had a 50% chance of being assigned a room on the 3rd floor anyway. And, even in a STD CL room which I had booked, there was a slim chance that we might not be behind the Innkeeper's Club door. At this point, I should also mention that I have been known to change resorts/room types when the mood strikes me. So any rationalization I might provide now for having switched to the cottage, might not apply tomorrow

Thank you for the well wishes for our trip, carlton the bear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Hello there Boardwalk peeps! I'm just back from WDW and this was my first chance to explore my new DVC "home" a bit since completing my purchase. We didn't stay at BWV this time (we were in an offsite rental home because we were there with extended family), but we spent an afternoon and evening exploring the resort and enjoying its experiences.

First, I have to say I think I made a wonderful choice on my new home. I loved every square inch of it. The gorgeously themed lobby, the street performers on the Boardwalk at night, the proximity to Epcot!!!! I had been to the resort before on previous trips, but this time I was seeing everything through new eyes and was trying to take in more of the details.

The pool looked amazing. The DVC model villas were gorgeous. Dinner at ESPN was yummy. And we got to watch Illuminations from the bridge to Epcot (thanks CRResortFan for that tip! ).

I cannot wait for my first stay at BWV (tentatively scheduled for Jan. 26, 2013. Just waiting for my points to be loaded into Disney's system to make the reservation). In the meantime, I'll continue to live vicariously through all of you and your upcoming trips to the Boardwalk!
I bet you're really excited to get yourself booked at your new home away from home. Keep us updated!
WDWKOOK is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #633
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Also, I thought at WL the rules of conduct sign mentioned that guests under 12 must be accompanied by an adult or else I wouldn't have allowed DD 12 at the time to go to the lounge alone.
I just looked at the welcome letter all Club Level guests get when checking into the Boardwalk Inn and it said kids under 10 need to be in the lounge with an adult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Aren't all the cottages behind a white picket fence? I suppose that provides a little more "privacy".
Yes they all have a white picket fence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
~The CL desks have free DVDs you can borrow
For the record the DVD's are available to borrow at the desk inside the lounge and not at the desk by the Innkeeper's Club door.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #634
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2
 
MAGIC...itis!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?
Posts: 694

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Aren't all the cottages behind a white picket fence? I suppose that provides a little more "privacy". ....At this point, I should also mention that I have been known to change resorts/room types when the mood strikes me. So any rationalization I might provide now for having switched to the cottage, might not apply tomorrow
I am so excited for your GS ressie, KOOK. I toured one back in '08 or so, and I am sooo looking forward to having a good reason to pull the trigger and book one but mostly it's just DH and I sharing a room these days. I can't wait to hear all about it. ....The white picket fence is something at least, and so cute too! ......So you've been known to changes resorts/room types as the mood strike you, ehhh? Funny, me too.
__________________
MAGIC...itis!
........
MAGIC...itis! is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 01:11 AM   #635
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2
 
MAGIC...itis!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?
Posts: 694

Ooops. Double dribble.
__________________
MAGIC...itis!
........
MAGIC...itis! is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #636
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
I am so excited for your GS ressie, KOOK. I toured one back in '08 or so, and I am sooo looking forward to having a good reason to pull the trigger and book one but mostly it's just DH and I sharing a room these days. I can't wait to hear all about it. ....The white picket fence is something at least, and so cute too! ......So you've been known to changes resorts/room types as the mood strike you, ehhh? Funny, me too.
I'm glad you approve, MAGIC! I've pretty much run out of BWI/CL options at this point so that might mean I'm done fiddling with that reservation.

The more I thought about the Deluxe room, there just doesn't seem to be enough difference to make that upgrade "worth it". If there were an additional person who needed a pull-out than it would be great, but it's really just another TV, coffee table, pull-out and chair which is very nice, but probably wouldn't enhance our 3-person stay much. I decided to take the big leap with the cottage when DD asked if we'd have two bathrooms like we had at WL last summer. (But, I knew better than to tell her I changed - just in case) Two bathrooms is awfully nice with a teenage girl... We'll see how we feel about it and I'll report back in about 17 days
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 06:31 AM   #637
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,776

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Well, my contemplating changing turned into changing

I was able to book the cottage with our 40% discount so it was only $141 more per night (with tax) than the STD CL room. So now we'll have two bathrooms and about twice as much space, which will be nice before our WL stay. It's also a good test run to see if we like it enough to book it in the summer. I requested a balcony. Only 3 of the 14 suites have a balcony off the upstairs bedroom, so I don't expect to get one, but it would be just perfect if we did.

I've read that there is a "secret" staircase right near the cottages that leads directly to the CL lounge. Did you ever use it? Do you know how far that staircase might be from the cottages?
WDWKOOK, That sounds like such fun to stay in the cottages. I will look forward to hearing about your stay. Sounds like you have a great vacation planned!
__________________




TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #638
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
WDWKOOK, That sounds like such fun to stay in the cottages. I will look forward to hearing about your stay. Sounds like you have a great vacation planned!
Thank you, Gwynne! I know that if I don't try it, I'll wonder about it for our upcoming summer anniversary vacation. I'm very honest with reviews, so I'll post from BWI and let everyone know.

What room do you have booked for your BWI stay?
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #639
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,776

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you, Gwynne! I know that if I don't try it, I'll wonder about it for our upcoming summer anniversary vacation. I'm very honest with reviews, so I'll post from BWI and let everyone know.

What room do you have booked for your BWI stay?
It will be great to read your review when you get back.

We're in a Standard CL room. We are so excited to be returning to Food and Wine this year.
__________________




TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~

Last edited by gwynne; 03-13-2012 at 07:46 AM.
gwynne is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #640
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm glad you approve, MAGIC! I've pretty much run out of BWI/CL options at this point so that might mean I'm done fiddling with that reservation.

The more I thought about the Deluxe room, there just doesn't seem to be enough difference to make that upgrade "worth it". If there were an additional person who needed a pull-out than it would be great, but it's really just another TV, coffee table, pull-out and chair which is very nice, but probably wouldn't enhance our 3-person stay much. I decided to take the big leap with the cottage when DD asked if we'd have two bathrooms like we had at WL last summer. (But, I knew better than to tell her I changed - just in case) Two bathrooms is awfully nice with a teenage girl... We'll see how we feel about it and I'll report back in about 17 days
Besides the extra TV you forgot about the guaranteed Boardwalk view and the chance of a bigger balcony, if you were given a room on the 3rd floor.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #641
robinsegg
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Near the Mississippi
Posts: 564

Allergies?

Hello!
Another question about CL and the lounge:
How do they handle dietary allergies in the snacks & breakfast? We have one with a soy allergy (which seems to be hidden in everything). I know that the restaurants (at least, ts) are *great* about handling allergies, but am uncertain about how it is dealt with here?
Thanks again!
__________________
Rachel married to Jim 1998
DD 2000
DS 2002
DD 2009
Baby due 9/2012
robinsegg is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #642
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Besides the extra TV you forgot about the guaranteed Boardwalk view and the chance of a bigger balcony, if you were given a room on the 3rd floor.
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK: "...but it's really just another TV, coffee table, pull-out and chair which is very nice..."

I didn't mention the "chance of a bigger balcony"and the "BWV" because those aren't features exclusive to the Deluxe room. You can book a non-CL guaranteed BWV and some of the non-CL and non-Deluxe rooms have an extra large balcony. You're correct that a BWV isn't guaranteed with a non-Deluxe CL room, but we don't really care to have a BWV, so I was only mentioning the interior room differences.




Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsegg View Post
Hello!
Another question about CL and the lounge:
How do they handle dietary allergies in the snacks & breakfast? We have one with a soy allergy (which seems to be hidden in everything). I know that the restaurants (at least, ts) are *great* about handling allergies, but am uncertain about how it is dealt with here?
Thanks again!
While I have no personal experience with dietary restrictions, I know that others have reported that they have contacted the IPO ahead of time to let them know of their restrictions and alternative choices have been provided. Just email the IPO and tell them what you can/can't eat/drink and they'll email you back and let you know how they can accommodate you.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #643
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsegg View Post
Hello!
Another question about CL and the lounge:
How do they handle dietary allergies in the snacks & breakfast? We have one with a soy allergy (which seems to be hidden in everything). I know that the restaurants (at least, ts) are *great* about handling allergies, but am uncertain about how it is dealt with here?
Thanks again!
This doesn't have anything to do with allergies but when we stay Club Level my Mom requests a Red Grapefruit when eating breakfast and that's not available with all their other foods. So if they are able to get that then they should be help you.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #644
robinsegg
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Near the Mississippi
Posts: 564

Thanks so much!

Is there a way in CL to request a larger balcony? Is there a particular view or location that would be likely to get us a larger balcony (in a Standard CL room)?

Thanks again!
__________________
Rachel married to Jim 1998
DD 2000
DS 2002
DD 2009
Baby due 9/2012
robinsegg is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #645
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsegg View Post
Thanks so much!

Is there a way in CL to request a larger balcony? Is there a particular view or location that would be likely to get us a larger balcony (in a Standard CL room)?

Thanks again!
The two times I stayed in a Standard Club Level Room I was in #4223 on both occasions. So I am not sure if there any bigger balconies with that specifc room category.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: