Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #616
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Well, my contemplating changing turned into changing

I was able to book the cottage with our 40% discount so it was only $141 more per night (with tax) than the STD CL room. So now we'll have two bathrooms and about twice as much space, which will be nice before our WL stay. It's also a good test run to see if we like it enough to book it in the summer. I requested a balcony. Only 3 of the 14 suites have a balcony off the upstairs bedroom, so I don't expect to get one, but it would be just perfect if we did.

I've read that there is a "secret" staircase right near the cottages that leads directly to the CL lounge. Did you ever use it? Do you know how far that staircase might be from the cottages?
That staircase is the same exact one I used when going from the 4th floor to the 3rd floor, which also happens to lead outside to where the Garden/Cottage Suites are located.

So now that you reserved it I assume that you and your husband are ok with not staying on the actual Club Level floor and being farther away from the lounge.

Also don't forget there is no covered walkway if it happens to rain, so you will get wet when walking back to your room.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #617
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Of course you didn't like Boardwalk, you are "CR fan for life". Are you even allowed on other threads? I hope you know I'm joking.
Yes I know you were joking.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #618
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
That staircase is the same exact one I used when going from the 4th floor to the 3rd floor, which also happens to lead outside to where the Garden/Cottage Suites are located.

So now that you reserved it I assume that you and your husband are ok with not staying on the actual Club Level floor and being farther away from the lounge.
We don't mind being far from the lounge, but we always prefer being on a secured-access floor. Since BWI's CL floor isn't exclusively CL-only anyway and the cottage has its own private entrance, I don't mind as much that it's not on the CL floor.

At WL and the CR, for example, the CL floor is secured, CL-only, which we prefer, but BWI isn't set-up like that. And, it's not like the cottage is on a separate floor somewhere else, like 5 of the Deluxe rooms. It has its own private entrance which is nice and unlike BWI's CL floor, there won't be anyone above us

We may find that the additional cost wasn't "worth it," so trying it out for just 3 nights is an acceptable level of risk for me.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #619
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We don't mind being far from the lounge, but we always prefer being on a secured-access floor. Since BWI's CL floor isn't exclusively CL-only anyway and the cottage has its own private entrance, I don't mind as much that it's not on the CL floor.

At WL and the CR, for example, the CL floor is secured, CL-only, which we prefer, but BWI isn't set-up like that. And, it's not like the cottage is on a separate floor somewhere else, like 5 of the Deluxe rooms. It has its own private entrance which is nice and unlike BWI's CL floor, there won't be anyone above us

We may find that the additional cost wasn't "worth it," so trying it out for just 3 nights is an acceptable level of risk for me.
I agree that for 3 nights it's worth to try it and at least you still have your Standard Club Level reservation for this August if you don't like the Garden/Cottage Suite.

Now even though the 4th floor is not a 100% Club Level floor like the CR or WL and the fact three of their Standard Club Level Rooms are located just before the door which leads into secure hallway, at least all their other Standard Club Level Rooms are located on the secure side. Plus you are guaranteed to get a room on the secure side if you want a Garden/Epcot view, since the three rooms located before that door are of the Boardwalk view.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #620
robinsegg
DIS Veteran

Hi!
Some more questions:

1. In a Standard CL room, just exactly what "perks" do we get? I know we get access to the lounge, but what else comes with it?

2. Is there a favorite room request that we should consider or avoid? We will be there the week after Thanksgiving.

3. Is Boardwalk or Courtyard view generally considered better?

4. Are children (over 10) allowed in the Innkeeper's Lounge without parents?
DD 2009
Baby due 9/2012
Old 03-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #621
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

The only Cottage request I made was "Balcony, please." I've read that only 3 of the 14 Cottages have French doors off the bedroom that lead to a balcony. I took that to mean that 11 Cottages have no balcony at all. Did I misinterpret this and actually they all have balconies, but only 3 have the French doors? I've looked at lots of photos, but I can't really tell. Maybe I should email the IPO and ask since I changed my room type anyway
Old 03-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #622
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
I'm contemplating changing our STD CL room to a Garden Cottage/Suite for our upcoming 3-night stay. Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions on the Cottage?
Quote:
Well, my contemplating changing turned into changing

I was able to book the cottage with our 40% discount so it was only $141 more per night (with tax) than the STD CL room. So now we'll have two bathrooms and about twice as much space, which will be nice before our WL stay. It's also a good test run to see if we like it enough to book it in the summer. I requested a balcony. Only 3 of the 14 suites have a balcony off the upstairs bedroom, so I don't expect to get one, but it would be just perfect if we did.

I've read that there is a "secret" staircase right near the cottages that leads directly to the CL lounge. Did you ever use it? Do you know how far that staircase might be from the cottages?
KOOK - I was going to respond about the Garden Suites when I read further and saw you already changed. I simply love the suites and think you made a great decision in changing your reservation. We went to the quiet pool the one evening and I specifically showed DH the Garden Suites and he loved how they had the private entrance and the area in general, it was so quiet and peaceful.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #623
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
KOOK - I was going to respond about the Garden Suites when I read further and saw you already changed. I simply love the suites and think you made a great decision in changing your reservation. We went to the quiet pool the one evening and I specifically showed DH the Garden Suites and he loved how they had the private entrance and the area in general, it was so quiet and peaceful.
Thank you, Sheila. I was getting a little worried about all the crickets I was hearing after posting that I had changed to the cottage. Did you make any tentative plans to return either to WDW or BWI?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #624
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsegg View Post
Hi!
Some more questions:

1. In a Standard CL room, just exactly what "perks" do we get? I know we get access to the lounge, but what else comes with it?

2. Is there a favorite room request that we should consider or avoid? We will be there the week after Thanksgiving.

3. Is Boardwalk or Courtyard view generally considered better?

4. Are children (over 10) allowed in the Innkeeper's Lounge without parents?
1) You also get a private check-in in the lounge or the desk area by the Innkeeper's Club door. Plus the BWI IPO Cast Members will make your ADR's before you arrive.

2) Both times I stayed in a Standard Club Level Room (Dec 2010 & Dec 2011) I requested a Boardwalk view and I happen to get #4223 both times that comes with a Boardwalk view.

3) I wouldn't say either view is better because it depends on what each person likes.

4) I believe kids need to be at least 16 to be in the lounge by themselves, however I can't remember if that's the correct age.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #625
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Thank you, Sheila. I was getting a little worried about all the crickets I was hearing after posting that I had changed to the cottage. Did you make any tentative plans to return either to WDW or BWI?
I so wanted to book a BB while there but it just is not feasible financially right now so we are thinking about a late February/early March trip in 2013. BWI is a definite as we both fell in love with the resort. We liked Kouzzina for breakfast so much after trying it the first morning we returned later in the week. The breakfast skillet was a big hit with DH and he is super picky has never in his life eaten sweet potatoes but loved the sweet potatoe hash. DH loved sitting down on the boardwalk in the evenings and also one morning that we cancelled a sit down breakfast we had an ADR for and just grabbed egg, ham and cheese croissants and cheese danish and coffee from the BW Bakery.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #626
WDWKOOK

This just in from the BWI IPO:

Yes. Only 3 of the cottages have actual balconies the rest of them have
patios. All of the master bedrooms in the cottage suites are loft-style
some have the staircase off to the left and some have it off to the
right but they are all loft-style type suites. Hope this helps. Please
let us know if we can assist you further.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #627
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I so wanted to book a BB while there but it just is not feasible financially right now so we are thinking about a late February/early March trip in 2013. BWI is a definite as we both fell in love with the resort. We liked Kouzzina for breakfast so much after trying it the first morning we returned later in the week. The breakfast skillet was a big hit with DH and he is super picky has never in his life eaten sweet potatoes but loved the sweet potatoe hash. DH loved sitting down on the boardwalk in the evenings and also one morning that we cancelled a sit down breakfast we had an ADR for and just grabbed egg, ham and cheese croissants and cheese danish and coffee from the BW Bakery.
I am so glad you mentioned Kouzzina! The menu sounded great and I forgot to make a breakfast ADR for there so thank you for posting that you did like their breakfast and the new skillet.

I really hope that you get to book soon. It's so much fun to plan and have a WDW vacation to look forward to. I'm so happy that your trip was magical for you and DH and I wish you many, many more
Old 03-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #628
carlton the bear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The Garden Suites are nice, and I am sure that you will have a great time, but I hope you aren't disapponted by the "security" aspect.
The cottages do not have their own private entrance - anyone can walk past them either to just walk around, or use the quiet pool which is adjacent to the cottages. Not only can BW guests gain access to this area, but anyone just visting the hotel can see the garden suites (from the outside obviously) if they wanted to. In this respect the cottages offer "less security" than if you were staying on the 4th floor. While only half of the 4th floor is CL, to get access to the CL rooms and lounge you still need to pass by the CL desk when it is manned, and when there is no one there you need to use you card to gain access. Yes I realize that you can gain access to the restricted area on the 4th floor by using the stairs from the 3rd floor, but I have have stayed CL at the CR and have had people (who were not staying CL) get off the 12th floor after I used my card in the elevator "just to take a look around", and no one stopped them.
In any case enjoy your stay at the BWI.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #629
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Hello there Boardwalk peeps! I'm just back from WDW and this was my first chance to explore my new DVC "home" a bit since completing my purchase. We didn't stay at BWV this time (we were in an offsite rental home because we were there with extended family), but we spent an afternoon and evening exploring the resort and enjoying its experiences.

First, I have to say I think I made a wonderful choice on my new home. I loved every square inch of it. The gorgeously themed lobby, the street performers on the Boardwalk at night, the proximity to Epcot!!!! I had been to the resort before on previous trips, but this time I was seeing everything through new eyes and was trying to take in more of the details.

The pool looked amazing. The DVC model villas were gorgeous. Dinner at ESPN was yummy. And we got to watch Illuminations from the bridge to Epcot (thanks CRResortFan for that tip! ).

I cannot wait for my first stay at BWV (tentatively scheduled for Jan. 26, 2013. Just waiting for my points to be loaded into Disney's system to make the reservation). In the meantime, I'll continue to live vicariously through all of you and your upcoming trips to the Boardwalk!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 03-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #630
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This just in from the BWI IPO:

Yes. Only 3 of the cottages have actual balconies the rest of them have
patios. All of the master bedrooms in the cottage suites are loft-style
some have the staircase off to the left and some have it off to the
right but they are all loft-style type suites. Hope this helps. Please
let us know if we can assist you further.
You must have been surprised at how fast they responded to you.

Although I remember when we e-mailed them before they responded very fast, so it at least they seem to be keeping that up.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: