Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #46
sfbank
DIS Veteran
 
sfbank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New London, Iowa
Posts: 1,006

Kook-Awesome!! I love how you used pics of the restaurants and posted menus. Just a neat way to consolidate everything. Good job
__________________

sfbank is offline  
Old 01-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #47
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

Same here. We are a family of 4, so we don't need the larger room, but I keep looking at the deluxe pics and keep telling myself that it would be great to have all that room to spread out. Plus it would be nice to have the extra seating area while waiting for that last person to get ready .



I'm keeping it open for options too as I just love the look of the new rooms .
I have fallen in love with the Dxl CL and seriously been considering booking it with BB offer, I can not justify needing the space as it is only DH and myself but I want that room
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #48
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,160

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I have fallen in love with the Dxl CL and seriously been considering booking it with BB offer, I can not justify needing the space as it is only DH and myself but I want that room
I am the same way. Even though there's just 4 of us and a regular room is all we really need, I can't help but think about how nice all that extra space would be . Of course now that we've experienced the resorts that have daybeds, it's hard for us to go back to the WL or AKL without daybeds....so this is headed in that direction and I'm afraid if I book it, that it might get me hooked on the deluxe rooms and make it hard for me to book anything else on future trips .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 01-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #49
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer
 
DonaldDuckFamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 348

Awesome job WDWKOOK I love all of the pictures and resort descriptions (with room numbers) from other BWI fans. Something like this is a lot of work to set up and you did a really nice job! I can't wait to spend my first trip here with the kids this March.
__________________
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club August 2014; BWI March 26th - April 4th 2015
DH Me DS 16 DD 11 : DS 9
DonaldDuckFamily is offline  
Old 01-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #50
chaoscent


Mouseketeer
 
chaoscent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: North Wales, PA USA
Posts: 5,795
DISboards Moderator

I truly understand. I am getting ready to book my room for the pin event in Sept. It will be just me as DH will be starting a new career. I really only need the studio, but I so love the 1 bedroom. I don't need a 1 bedroom for one person, but I am having a hard time deciding. I shouldn't waste the points on a 1 bedroom, but I have no children and the points were bought from met to enjoy. Decisions, Decisions Penny
__________________
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline  
Old 01-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #51
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...
 
minniebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: columbus, ohio
Posts: 8,000

Double Post
__________________
minniebeth

minniebeth is offline  
Old 01-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #52
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...
 
minniebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: columbus, ohio
Posts: 8,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
to everyone. It's great to have you here

Thank you for your kind words, minniebeth. How great that you got to have a mother/daughter trip to BWI. What was your other resort? Hope to see your BWI ticker soon
We stayed 1 night at the Polynesian (our "home" resort)
3 nights at BWI Water View
4 nights at the Contemporary Garden Wing

I must say it was very hard to move over to the CR (Garden Wing) after being at BWI, but we had a group rate for Marathon Weekend with the rest of our family, extended family and friends.

I would like to see a BWI ticker here too, but 2011 was our "Disney Year". We spent more time at Disney this past year than any other year ever.
We'll be back next January for Marathon Weekend for sure (hopefully sooner!) and hope to spend a few days there again, my (and DD's) new found favorite resort!

Thanks for all your hard work!
__________________
minniebeth

minniebeth is offline  
Old 01-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #53
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
KOOK - The new thread is looking GREAT. Fantastic job your doing
Thank you so much. I'm glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
LOVE THIS. Great job, WDWKOOK!!
Oh, it's great having you over here, bowbat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
Hi Kook! Everything looks great. You did good!

brunette
brunette8706 - thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
KOOK, this new thread is amazing - great work! Thanks so much for creating this new home for us, and for giving BWI the updated, well-organized thread it deserves! Please let me know if you have any photo missions you would like for me to complete during my April visit - we're staying at YC this time, but I know we'll be over at BWI during our visit!

Those deluxe photos are great - they're convincing me to book deluxe instead of standard CL next year!
pixarmom, YOUR photos helped make the thread so much better. Thank YOU!

I will be at WL in 75 days so I'll be going over to take more photos then. But thank you for your kind offer. Do our trips overlap?

I know just what you mean about the Deluxe room - so tempting! But, we prefer a quiet location and the fact that all the Deluxe rooms overlook the BW, worries me a bit. I need to get over that, don't I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
The thread looks great KOOK! This may be a contender for October...
What ISN'T a contender to a RC?! Seriously though, thank you, Dani for the compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Looks amazing Kook! Thanks for the great info!!
Are you still at WL? If not, maybe you should consider BWI, like Dani

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage0306 View Post
This is awesome!!! No worries whatsoever on the deletion--I personally was just so excited I couldn't hold back, lol.
Phew, I'm glad you're not mad - I felt so bad about that. Thanks for the 'awesome' comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
WDWKOOK:
Here is something you could add to the Club Level section or the link section, which is a video from YouTube called Innkeeper's Club Concierge Lounge + Offerings Boardwalk Inn, which was posted on there via Allearsnet. So here is the link to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7wlqdTIpb4
Thanks for reminding me about that one - I've added it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Let's try this again. The new thread looks beautiful Kook! I just signed the contract to make BWV my DVC home. Can't wait for my first trip "home."
Yeah, you came back! How exciting that you have two new homes - this thread AND BWV - congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
Love the new site, fabulous

Unfortunately this year I'm going to be staying over the 'other side' of the lake (due to the package I've booked through a travel agent), but I'll still be popping over and seeing my CM friends to say hello.

The photos are gorgeous, but making me very 'home' sick lol
Thank you for your photos, BTW! There is nothing wrong with the "other side," what's most important is that you'll be at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1 View Post
What a fantastic thread and, oh, the pictures!

Is there information / pictures of ADA rooms at BWV? DD and I are staying there in April and have, through the DVC owner through whom we are renting points, requested an ADA room (DD uses a wheelchair / walker) for our studio.

I'm curious of the locations of ADA rooms on the BWV side relative to the elevators, the configuration of the rooms, etc. My plan is for DD to use the bed and myself the pull out sleeper couch.

Thank you,
Dan
I don't personally have that info., but hopefully someone else will know about the ADA rooms. I don't know if it would be helpful, but there is DISabilities thread. Might they have ADA room info?

Thanks so much for your kind words, Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBoyAggieGirl View Post
This is making me so excited as I do my research!! I cannot wait!! Thanks for all of your info & great photos!! You are very talented!
to the DIS BaylorBoyAggieGirl! I really appreciate your compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post


KOOK - I am loving the room reviews you posted
Thank you so much for mentioning the room comments. People always ask about room location requests, and my hope was that posting the comments would be useful in making a room request - it's such invaluable information, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukintheus View Post
Thank you for all the hard work on getting this going! Moving on over to this new thread and back to lurkdome. BWI CL is our favorite by far.
But, no! You can't be lurker! Your identity is now known so there's no going back - let's talk CL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Hi Kook ......the issue for us is CS for breakfast. My guys have to have a good, hot breakfast with eggs, waffles, etc. without doing a TS every morning. We like TS and do a dinner every night, but only a couple for breakfast. Club level would work great for me as I'm not a big breakfast eater, but it wouldn't be enough for my DH and DSs . They could handle it for a couple of mornings for something quick, but not for a week or more. We love Cape May and always do a breakfast (as well as a dinner every trip), but I don't think that would go over well to do every morning for a week . I wish they didn't close Spoodles on the boardwalk as that would be another great option to throw in with Cape May . When we stayed at the BC, that was only our 2nd stay onsite and I wasn't aware of the CS situation at the Epcot resorts. Once we found Spoodles, we ended up eating there 3 or 4 mornings out of our trip as that was quicker than traveling to a park or another resort to eat. I haven't given up hope yet as I really want to stay at BWI, so maybe one of these days I'll be able to convince them to just give it a try.
I know just what you mean about breakfast. We rarely go out for breakfast at home, but on vacation, that's a different story. DD and DH LOVE a great breakfast on vacation. Club level breakfast works well for us, but about every other day, I have a late breakfast ADR. Have you considered Kouzzina? The first page has a link to their breakfast menu and boy, it sounds terrific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink5683 View Post
Thanks for the new thread WDWKOOK! It looks great! We are starting to plan our trip for Oct. 2013, and DH is heavily pushing for BW. I can't say I disagree. From what you have posted it looks wonderful!
Well, thank you, pink5683! Looks like you might have to look into doing a split stay for your '13 trip? There's nothing wrong with that and then everybody is happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
WDWKOOK, thank you for a thorough and great looking thread fitting for such a classy resort. And thanks to all who helped provided valuable info, too. (CRFFL? )

I'm subbed in so you know what this means... “I'll be back. We'll make out.” –David Puddy
I'll take "thorough" and "great looking".

Speaking of SEINFELD, I love how Puddy is always sitting right next to the phone, doing absolutely nothing whenever the phone rings. And, one of my favorite Puddy lines is when he's selling Jerry the Saab (after he took Elaine for the "roast beef") and he's computing the mis. charges and he adds the "additional overcharge" to Jerry's invoice. Love that. Gotta support the team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Amazing work Kook. I feel honored to have my pics on the first page with all the great pics and info. Seriously Disney should hire you for their marketing department. Great job promoting the Boardwalk!! Ps - you need to add it to your sig!
And, I am honored to have your photos gracing the first page - I couldn't have done it without all of you!

I do have a hyperlink to the BWI thread (and my WL thread, too) in my signature, but it's possible it might not be showing up on a smaller screen. I'm such a shameless resort-promoter
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 01-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #54
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thanks for reminding me about that one - I've added it.
You're welcome and I can't believe I forgot to remind you about it until last night.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 01-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #55
gojoe
DIS Veteran
 
gojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cranston, RI
Posts: 876

[QUOTE=WDWKOOK;43739974] to everyone. It's great to have you here

I'd like to APOLOGIZE to Missyrose, mirage0306, sfbank and gojoe for the deletion by the Moderator of your posts. Unfortunately, your posts were stuck right dab in the middle of my posting the first page and they had to go. But, I sincerely hope that you will return and post again. I assure you that your posts will remain in place


No Problem, you've done a great job. This site is just what I needed (Disney Magic) Thanks again for your hard work.
__________________

Last edited by gojoe; 01-15-2012 at 04:29 PM.
gojoe is offline  
Old 01-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #56
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
Kook-Awesome!! I love how you used pics of the restaurants and posted menus. Just a neat way to consolidate everything. Good job
So glad you "came back" after having your post deleted. I love a good menu when I'm looking to make an ADR no matter how many times I've eaten at WDW. What would we do without those AllEars and DIS menus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I have fallen in love with the Dxl CL and seriously been considering booking it with BB offer, I can not justify needing the space as it is only DH and myself but I want that room
It's not a space issue, it's an ambience issue and it has a calming effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I am the same way. Even though there's just 4 of us and a regular room is all we really need, I can't help but think about how nice all that extra space would be . Of course now that we've experienced the resorts that have daybeds, it's hard for us to go back to the WL or AKL without daybeds....so this is headed in that direction and I'm afraid if I book it, that it might get me hooked on the deluxe rooms and make it hard for me to book anything else on future trips .
We're only 3, so it's even tougher to "justify," but it's the Deluxe room location that's keeping me from changing. If daybeds work for you, would a WL room with bunk beds also work for you guys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
Awesome job WDWKOOK I love all of the pictures and resort descriptions (with room numbers) from other BWI fans. Something like this is a lot of work to set up and you did a really nice job! I can't wait to spend my first trip here with the kids this March.
Thank you, DonaldDuckFamily, I'm so glad you find the thread useful. It was my pleasure to put it together for everyone.

Your trip is coming up soon. Do you have your ADRs made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscent View Post
I truly understand. I am getting ready to book my room for the pin event in Sept. It will be just me as DH will be starting a new career. I really only need the studio, but I so love the 1 bedroom. I don't need a 1 bedroom for one person, but I am having a hard time deciding. I shouldn't waste the points on a 1 bedroom, but I have no children and the points were bought from met to enjoy. Decisions, Decisions Penny
I think you should book the one bedroom and stop worrying about how many people will be in it. I see nothing wrong with wanting to be in comfortable surroundings on vacation. Is there even that much of a point spread between the studio and the one bedroom?

Book it and enjoy it, I say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
We stayed 1 night at the Polynesian (our "home" resort)
3 nights at BWI Water View
4 nights at the Contemporary Garden Wing

I must say it was very hard to move over to the CR (Garden Wing) after being at BWI, but we had a group rate for Marathon Weekend with the rest of our family, extended family and friends.

I would like to see a BWI ticker here too, but 2011 was our "Disney Year". We spent more time at Disney this past year than any other year ever.
We'll be back next January for Marathon Weekend for sure (hopefully sooner!) and hope to spend a few days there again, my (and DD's) new found favorite resort!

Thanks for all your hard work!
I like your split stay scenario, but do you think you'll do the same split next year or a different one? Have you ever tried the CR's Tower? The views are spectacular.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 01-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #57
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojoe View Post

No Problem, you've done a great job. This site is just what I needed (Disney Magic) Thanks again for you hard work.
Yeah! I think everyone who was kicked out is back. Great to have you back, gojoe!
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 01-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #58
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,160

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I know just what you mean about breakfast. We rarely go out for breakfast at home, but on vacation, that's a different story. DD and DH LOVE a great breakfast on vacation. Club level breakfast works well for us, but about every other day, I have a late breakfast ADR. Have you considered Kouzzina? The first page has a link to their breakfast menu and boy, it sounds terrific!

Speaking of SEINFELD, I love how Puddy is always sitting right next to the phone, doing absolutely nothing whenever the phone rings. And, one of my favorite Puddy lines is when he's selling Jerry the Saab (after he took Elaine for the "roast beef") and he's computing the mis. charges and he adds the "additional overcharge" to Jerry's invoice. Love that. Gotta support the team...
We don't usually go out for breakfast at home either, but on the weekends, breakfast is a big deal for my DH and DSs, so there's always alot of cooking going on over the weekends and days off . But vacation is different as they need to have their breakfast every morning. I haven't really looked into Kouzzina, so I will have to do some more research and look at the links. I want to call today and book our July trip (that is if I can decide between the 2 resorts I'm contemplating ), but I'm keeping BWI CL on the list for a possible December trip .

I have to comment on that Seinfeld episode.....when Puddy is adding up all the misc charges and mentions keys....Jerry says "keys?"....and Puddy says "how are you gonna start it??"....I just love that .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 01-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #59
Babette01
Earning My Ears
 
Babette01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central PA
Posts: 47

This is amazing! Thank you so much. Easy to read and navigate...so full of memories...thanks again.
__________________
Babette01 is offline  
Old 01-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #60
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
We don't usually go out for breakfast at home either, but on the weekends, breakfast is a big deal for my DH and DSs, so there's always alot of cooking going on over the weekends and days off . But vacation is different as they need to have their breakfast every morning. I haven't really looked into Kouzzina, so I will have to do some more research and look at the links. I want to call today and book our July trip (that is if I can decide between the 2 resorts I'm contemplating ), but I'm keeping BWI CL on the list for a possible December trip .

I have to comment on that Seinfeld episode.....when Puddy is adding up all the misc charges and mentions keys....Jerry says "keys?"....and Puddy says "how are you gonna start it??"....I just love that .
YES - the keys, I forgot that part - hilarious! Glad you guys don't mind the Seinfeld segues.

BOOK IT! Today is the day! Do you need to book a split? How many days are we talking about?

DD13 asked me not two hours after we got home from brunch, "What are we having for dinner?" When I told DH what she said, he then said, "Yeah, what is for dinner?" So you can just imagine what WDW is like...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Babette01 View Post
This is amazing! Thank you so much. Easy to read and navigate...so full of memories...thanks again.
I'm so glad you find it easy to navigate, babette01. Speaking of which, I need to go and add a table of contents to the first post - be right back...
WDWKOOK is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: