Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #571
mlong2004
Blessed ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Thanks for posting your review and I hvae only question. Is #4253 one of those rooms that's over Seashore Sweets? If not do you remember what area it's located at when walking along the Boardwalk?
Our room was right above Kouzzina's...which is right beside Seaside Sweets. I will try to attach a picture. I took one from outside looking up at our room just for this reason!! :-)
January, 2015, BWI

Old 03-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #572
mlong2004
Blessed ...

How do you post a picture on here?
January, 2015, BWI

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #573
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Our room was above Seashore Sweets. It was a deluxe club level room. It's the top left balcony with the blue and white striped awning.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 03-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #574
mlong2004
Blessed ...

#4253 is to the left of the blue/white awning, sort of tucked behind, on the picture. (Spoodles is now Kouzzina's.) It shares a balcony (w/ the divider) with #4255. #4253 was the second door on the left after passing through the Innkeeper's Club door. For reference, we also had an adjoining inside door to #4251.
January, 2015, BWI

Old 03-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #575
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlong2004 View Post
Our room was right above Kouzzina's...which is right beside Seaside Sweets. I will try to attach a picture. I took one from outside looking up at our room just for this reason!! :-)
Thanks for posting that information.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:47 AM   #576
To Wish Upon A Star
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Don't apologize for asking questions!

I've never stayed in a Cottage, but hopefully, someone else might be able to answer your cottage question about the larger loft bedroom.

The WL Deluxe room is not a loft, is smaller, less expensive and only has one bathroom, but has two balconies. On the WL thread's first page which is hyperlinked in my signature, I have a map that shows their location and a more thorough description. There are 25 of them on floors 1-6. As you already noted, they aren't located on the 7th CL floor, but they are all within the main building, unlike the BWI cottages. Beginning April 15, WL will begin a top to bottom room rehab., one floor at a time. I'm going to be there in less than a month and I will ask if there is a floor rehab schedule. So if you do stay at WL in December, you might even get a totally renovated room

In making your room-type decision, I think you need to take into consideration:

~Location/Resort amenities

~Price

~Size/Room features

~Proximity to CL lounge

Good luck!
Thank You very much for your info,It is much appreciated.I guess that it is going to be a tough decision between The Cottage Suites & Deluxe Room at Wilderness Lodge The cottage suites are a high contender though,Which Club level do you recommend between Boardwalk & Wilderness Lodge? Which resort will have more of a Christmassy feel between the two? The price beween the deluxe room & Cottage suite at Christmas well there really is not much difference,So it comes down to where i want to stay & its a tough choice.
Thank you again for all your help
Old 03-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #577
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Hi all. We are back from our Anniversary Trip and really had one of the best times ever at WDW. I enjoyed the Winter/Summerland miniature golf as a nice diversion. And California Grill was another new experience with mixed results for our night.

Back to BWI: Our room was #4235 directly across from the Innkeeper’s Club Lounge. The room was nice and clean, with a standard BWI room interior. No special treat awaited us for our Anniversary, although we enjoyed our CL gift of chocolates. Staff was excellent including those I had interaction with most: Joe, Jackie, Linda, and was it Eduardo or Ernesto(?), I should have taken notes. Anyway, they were just wonderful. And Raymond at the front delivered us and also checked us out. Nice boy. CL breakfast offerings were plentiful and early evening snacks were fine.

And I am so glad I was able to meet up with sjs314 and give her a big hug. It was the highlight of my trip.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #578
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Hi all. We are back from our Anniversary Trip and really had one of the best times ever at WDW. I enjoyed the Winter/Summerland miniature golf as a nice diversion. And California Grill was another new experience with mixed results for our night.

Back to BWI: Our room was #4235 directly across from the Innkeeper’s Club Lounge. The room was nice and clean, with a standard BWI room interior. No special treat awaited us for our Anniversary, although we enjoyed our CL gift of chocolates. Staff was excellent including those I had interaction with most: Joe, Jackie, Linda, and was it Eduardo or Ernesto(?), I should have taken notes. Anyway, they were just wonderful. And Raymond at the front delivered us and also checked us out. Nice boy. CL breakfast offerings were plentiful and early evening snacks were fine.

And I am so glad I was able to meet up with sjs314 and give her a big hug. It was the highlight of my trip.
I am very glad you had a great trip. Did your DH like the funnel cake??? And I am glad you got to give Sheila a hug too!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #579
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome Back! So happy to hear that y'all had a great trip! And that really is so great that you go to meet up with Sheila. I hope she's having a good trip.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #580
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
We stayed in room #4253 which is a standard CL room from 2/28 to 3/4 last week. Had the BEST time! This is our third BW stay and first time staying CL, and it was worth it. I am working through my pictures and will post as soon as I get to that point. I'd love to answer any questions while everything is fresh. :-)

Did I mention we had the BEST time ever????

Sounds like you'll be returning to The Innkeeper's Club, right?

Quote:
#4253 is to the left of the blue/white awning, sort of tucked behind, on the picture. (Spoodles is now Kouzzina's.) It shares a balcony (w/ the divider) with #4255. #4253 was the second door on the left after passing through the Innkeeper's Club door. For reference, we also had an adjoining inside door to #4251.
I'm going to post this info. to the first page - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by To Wish Upon A Star View Post
Thank You very much for your info,It is much appreciated.I guess that it is going to be a tough decision between The Cottage Suites & Deluxe Room at Wilderness Lodge The cottage suites are a high contender though,Which Club level do you recommend between Boardwalk & Wilderness Lodge? Which resort will have more of a Christmassy feel between the two? The price beween the deluxe room & Cottage suite at Christmas well there really is not much difference,So it comes down to where i want to stay & its a tough choice.
Thank you again for all your help
I will be staying CL at BWI for the first time in just a few weeks so I can better answer your question then. On the WL thread's first page that's hyperlinked in my signature, I have some photos of The Old Faithful Club/WL that I took at Christmas 2010. Though I haven't personally been in BWI at Christmas, I do have photos of BWI at Christmastime on the first page of this thread (last post).

I'm very partial to WL at Christmas and we just LOVE their CL lounge and staff. There are many fireplaces throughout the resort, cozy leather seats, garland/decorations everywhere... It just feels extra special at Christmas so that would be my personal resort pick. It's also lots of fun to go next door to Ft. Wilderness for a walk or even on the bus to see all the absolutely terrific motorhome decorations. They are amazing and they even decorate their "yards!" Have you considered a split-stay where you stay at both the WL and BWI? That's what I'll be doing in just a few weeks

Quote:
How do you post a picture on here?
Upload your photos to a free photosharing site such as PhotoBucket. You can then edit your photos, if you like. Each photo will have an IMG code that corresponds only to that photo. Copy the IMG code and paste it right into your post and the photo will magically appear If you need more help, feel free to PM me.

Quote:

Welcome back! Thanks for posting your review. I'm disappointed to hear that there wasn't at least a token anniversary remembrance in your room. It was noted in your reservation, right? Did you at least get the pin or a character signed photo? How many nights were you there?

I'm going to post your room information to the first page - yes, you're famous now! Thanks for reminding me that I should probably take notes when I'm there:roll eyes:

ETA: Forgot to ask if you would book BWI/CL again?

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 03-08-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #581
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for posting your review and those pictures.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #582
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

WDWKOOK: Oh my gosh, you're right — I forgot to say the most important line of my review...

BWI is my hands-down F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E resort at WDW.

I can't wait to go back again. Did you notice my avatar of BWI artwork?
Old 03-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #583
mlong2004
Blessed ...

Pictures of room 4253, standard CL. (I forgot to take them until after we had unpacked so overlook the mess.)

January, 2015, BWI

Old 03-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #584
mlong2004
Blessed ...

View of outside of #4253 and #4255. These rooms share a balcony with a divider. Room #4253 is connected to #4251 with a door in the room.

And, of course, the great pool!!

January, 2015, BWI

Old 03-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #585
mlong2004
Blessed ...

Pool ... no chairs

My only "complaint" is about the pool in the afternoons. It seems that people get up in the morning and come put towels on chairs and then leave for the parks, etc. When we came back from the parks for an afternoon swim around 2:00, there were not many chairs at all that didn't have towels on them ... and certainly none together. Not sure what BWI could do about this, but it's my only negative of the entire trip.
January, 2015, BWI

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: