Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #556
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Hi friends! We're heading back down to the World tomorrow! Offsite trip this time -- extended family trip, so we needed the extra room of a rental townhouse.

But tomorrow night we're planning to spend the evening wandering around the Boardwalk area (dinner at Big River Grille) and I was wondering where the best place (outside Epcot) would be to watch Illuminations? Thanks!
Just past the ESPN Club is the bridge that's before you walk towards the International Gateway entrance to Epcot or towards the Beach Club and I have seen others go there so they can watch Illuminations.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #557
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Can you even get two drinks anymore? I thought I tried to get two drinks once at the CR(?) for DH and me and the bartender said it was a one drink at a time per person limit
I have not bought any drinks from the BWI pool bar but at any other resort pool bar (or other WDW bar) I've been at, I'm always buying DH his drinks so I do buy 2 drinks at a time. Anytime I've bought more than that, I've had the people there as well to say they were drinking (so if you buy a round, make sure all the adults are there!).

And I'm proud to say I double-fist those grey goose and grand marnier slushies... Both are MINE!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #558
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
In December 2011 Dundy's Sundries had brand new Boardwalk merchandise that didn't mention Inn or Villas, as it was branded Disney's Boardwalk Resort. I was able to purchase a jacket, key chain and luggage tag.

The only thing I couldn't purchase a Disney's Boardwalk shirt because they only made them in Women's sizes and they weren't available in Men's sizes.
YAY I wrote them a letter after we returned and said I had money burning a hole in my pocket, but couldn't spend it there due to lack of available options. They must've listened to me
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 03-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #559
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Arrived yesterday checked into BWI and was upgraded to a water view king room right over flying fish huge balcony with view of crescent lake on third floor # 3269
And boardwalk. Had lunch @ Via Napoli today yummy dinner tonight Rose & Crown

Met MAGIC aka Linda yesterday at big river grille, she is a sweetheart!

Had breakfast today @Kouzzina's Fantastic!!! DH had the Breakfast skillet & I had the eggs with tomatoes, spinach & feta cheese both were yummy!

Have to run......
Wonderful!!!! Thanks for checkin in Sheila, hope DH is loving BWI as well as you!!!!!

Quote:
Look, if you book GF then you'll really be staying at the YC! (Inside joke, poor pas130 booked an GF/RPC room last year and was bumped to the YC upon arrival. It was a sweet upgrade though - to a suite).

And, what is with putting the confused emote there at the end of, "Can't do the Grand" That was a question - not a statement! I think this conversation may have to move over to your Resort Changer's thread

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 03-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #560
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Arrived yesterday checked into BWI and was upgraded to a water view king room right over flying fish huge balcony with view of crescent lake on third floor # 3269

Had breakfast today @Kouzzina's Fantastic!!! DH had the Breakfast skillet & I had the eggs with tomatoes, spinach & feta cheese both were yummy!

Have to run......
So happy to hear that you're having a good time! What a nice upgrade!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #561
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Quote:

Have to run......

that's awesome, congrats! Enjoy your trip!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #562
To Wish Upon A Star
Earning My Ears

How far are the Garden Suites from the club level lounge? A 5 min walk or 10 minutes or more?

They are a contender for a Christmas visit,9 nights..

Are they popular as in will they all be booked up before Dec How many Garden Suites are there?

Is there a bathroom downstairs & upstairs?
If anyone here as stayed in one did you feel isolated from the "Main Building" ? & are they worth the $$$$$

Sorry for all the questions

Hope someone can help

Thank You In Advance

Last edited by To Wish Upon A Star; 03-06-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #563
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by To Wish Upon A Star View Post
How far are the Garden Suites from the club level lounge? A 5 min walk or 10 minutes or more?

Are they popular as in will they all be booked up before Dec How many Garden Suites are there?

If anyone here as stayed in one did you feel isolated from the "Main Building" ? & are they worth the $$$$$

Hope someone can help

Thank You In Advance
I would say they are at least a 5 minute walk when going to the lounge.

If you were to reserve one now for December there should be some available, although I guess the longer you wait and closer December gets they could sell out.

I can't remember the exact number of them but I thnik it's around 10 of them or less.

Originally we were supposed to stay in one for our BWI stay in December 2010, however after getting a tour of one we personally didn't like it because of the far walk to the lounge and it's set up. So we switched to a Standard Club Level Room.

Plus even with 35% - 40% room only discounts which they have been available with in the past, they are still more expensive compared to the Standard Club Level Rooms and Deluxe Club Level Rooms.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #564
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

Hope someone can help

Thank You In Advance
to the DIS and the BWI thread, To Wish Upon A Star!

The Garden Cottages are just outside the main building near the leisure pool and they have garden views. They all have 1.5 baths and there are a total of 14 cottages. There are many photos on the first page - post #4. This is from the first page:

GARDEN COTTAGE CLUB LEVEL ROOMS are two-storied, measure 915 to 1,100 square feet and sleep up to 4 with 1 king and 1 queen sleeper. The king bed is situated in a loft above the downstairs living room area. Instead of a loft, 3 of the 14 Garden Cottages have a large upstairs bedroom with French doors that lead out to a balcony that overlooks a quiet pool. From the cottages, you must walk outside to the main building to access club level.

I always recommend booking ASAP. Disney has a generous cancelation/change policy, and you can always add an applicable discount to your reservation later. Since there are only 14 of them and you want to book it over the holidays, I would book it sooner rather than later
Old 03-07-2012, 04:10 AM   #565
To Wish Upon A Star
Earning My Ears

Quote:
to the DIS and the BWI thread, To Wish Upon A Star!

The Garden Cottages are just outside the main building near the leisure pool and they have garden views. They all have 1.5 baths and there are a total of 14 cottages. There are many photos on the first page - post #4. This is from the first page:

GARDEN COTTAGE CLUB LEVEL ROOMS are two-storied, measure 915 to 1,100 square feet and sleep up to 4 with 1 king and 1 queen sleeper. The king bed is situated in a loft above the downstairs living room area. Instead of a loft, 3 of the 14 Garden Cottages have a large upstairs bedroom with French doors that lead out to a balcony that overlooks a quiet pool. From the cottages, you must walk outside to the main building to access club level.

I always recommend booking ASAP. Disney has a generous cancelation/change policy, and you can always add an applicable discount to your reservation later. Since there are only 14 of them and you want to book it over the holidays, I would book it sooner rather than later
Thank You for the welcome & for the Information.Are there any pictures of the Cottage suites that have the large upstairs bedroom? & even the loft set up? & Size wise is there any difference? I have looked at the Deluxe Room at Wilderness Lodge but i think the Cottage suites sound more luxurious The only difference with the Deluxe room at Wilderness Lodge you are in the Main building but still there would be a walk involved to get to the Club Lounge so from that point it's more about the where would i enjoy staying the most or what one would be nicer If that all makes sense.I just had a look at the picture in post 4 & it does look nice,Is there really much difference between the Bedroom Set up vs the Loft set up? Oh & the cottage suite does look more luxurious than the Deluxe room at Wilderness Lodge.
Sorry for the questions
Thanks in advance

Last edited by To Wish Upon A Star; 03-07-2012 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-07-2012, 05:14 AM   #566
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thank You for the welcome & for the Information.Are there any pictures of the Cottage suites that have the large upstairs bedroom? & even the loft set up? & Size wise is there any difference? I have looked at the Deluxe Room at Wilderness Lodge but i think the Cottage suites sound more luxurious The only difference with the Deluxe room at Wilderness Lodge you are in the Main building but still there would be a walk involved to get to the Club Lounge so from that point it's more about the where would i enjoy staying the most or what one would be nicer If that all makes sense.I just had a look at the picture in post 4 & it does look nice,Is there really much difference between the Bedroom Set up vs the Loft set up? Oh & the cottage suite does look more luxurious than the Deluxe room at Wilderness Lodge.
Sorry for the questions
Thanks in advance
Don't apologize for asking questions!

I've never stayed in a Cottage, but hopefully, someone else might be able to answer your cottage question about the larger loft bedroom.

The WL Deluxe room is not a loft, is smaller, less expensive and only has one bathroom, but has two balconies. On the WL thread's first page which is hyperlinked in my signature, I have a map that shows their location and a more thorough description. There are 25 of them on floors 1-6. As you already noted, they aren't located on the 7th CL floor, but they are all within the main building, unlike the BWI cottages. Beginning April 15, WL will begin a top to bottom room rehab., one floor at a time. I'm going to be there in less than a month and I will ask if there is a floor rehab schedule. So if you do stay at WL in December, you might even get a totally renovated room

In making your room-type decision, I think you need to take into consideration:

~Location/Resort amenities

~Price

~Size/Room features

~Proximity to CL lounge

Good luck!
Old 03-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #567
mlong2004
Blessed ...

Just got back from CL #4253 ... open for questions!

We stayed in room #4253 which is a standard CL room from 2/28 to 3/4 last week. Had the BEST time! This is our third BW stay and first time staying CL, and it was worth it. I am working through my pictures and will post as soon as I get to that point. I'd love to answer any questions while everything is fresh. :-)

Did I mention we had the BEST time ever????

Old 03-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #568
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlong2004 View Post
We stayed in room #4253 which is a standard CL room from 2/28 to 3/4 last week. Had the BEST time! This is our third BW stay and first time staying CL, and it was worth it. I am working through my pictures and will post as soon as I get to that point. I'd love to answer any questions while everything is fresh. :-)

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time. My question-what kinds of appetizers did they have in the evenings?

TIA

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ginny
Old 03-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #569
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlong2004 View Post

Thanks for posting your review and I hvae only question. Is #4253 one of those rooms that's over Seashore Sweets? If not do you remember what area it's located at when walking along the Boardwalk?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #570
mlong2004
Blessed ...

We were only there for the evening appetizers one night, but they had some egg roll/pizza roll type things, another roll/triangle deep fried yummy filled with something mediterranean, a large bowl of some sort of mediterranean salad (more beans/olives ... not lettuce). Always had peanut butter and jelly roll ups that looked like sushi, different cheeses, crusty bread. At 8 when they transitioned to dessert, there was always chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, some sort of brownie or other chocolate treat, little cones filled with chocolate or vanilla frosting/cream, rice krispie treats. There was always canned Coke products, Evian water (although you had to pour to a glass, not individual bottles). I don't drink but I did see liquor (I remember Kahlua...), wine, and I saw some folks ask for beer and the CM went to the lounge and brought back what they wanted. Hope this helps. I was just rattling as I thought of things.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: