Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #526
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Now I understand! Though I haven't been in it yet, I believe that Muscles and Bustles does have a shower/locker area. I'll be using the gym there in about 25 days and I'll let you know the shower status, if you can wait until then.
Thank you! We have until July so no hurry (unfortunately, I'd like to be there TOMORROW!!)

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 03-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #527
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

Quote:
Now I understand! Though I haven't been in it yet, I believe that Muscles and Bustles does have a shower/locker area. I'll be using the gym there in about 25 days and I'll let you know the shower status, if you can wait until then.
I can confirm that there is a locker/shower area in Muscles and Bustles. Never used them myself, but they're there.

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden), AKL-Kidani (10/14, Food and Wine)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #528
gojoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
We'll be at BWV in July. Our flight leaves 6:20 pm and we'll want to freshen up and change before getting into our airplane clothes. At Villas at WL, we used the fitness center showers and locker rooms. I was thinking BW would have the same thing at their fitness center. I can always call the resort, we have plenty of time
We always have a late flight out. Most of the time we hang a the pool and we'll shower at the fitness center before we go. They have a very nice locker room with lockers. The quite pool has showers too but not as nice if I remember there weren't locks on the locker.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #529
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Here is a link to a wonderful aerial photo taken recently of the Epcot Resorts area. The photographer has many other great aerial photos in his account:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianc...ream/lightbox/

This aerial photo shows the BW parking lot and Hess station:

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 03-04-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #530
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here is a link to a wonderful aerial photo taken recently of the Epcot Resorts area. The photographer has many other great aerial photos in his account:

I would highly recommend adding a link to that picture on the 1st page, because it looks that great and the fact you can also see the walkway to Hollywood Studios in the backround.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #531
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

WDWKOOK,
I was just looking at other pictures from that link you posted and found an aerial picture of just the Boardwalk area, so here is the link to it.

Edit to add: When I clicked the link it takes me to the picture you posted, however when you click the older button at the top after a couple of other ones it takes you to the pictrure I mentioned.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #532
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I would highly recommend adding a link to that picture on the 1st page, because it looks that great and the fact you can also see the walkway to Hollywood Studios in the backround.
I just added another great image link to my prior post. I'm still going through all of his photos to find all the BW ones and then I'm definitely going to link to all of them on the first page
Old 03-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #533
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This aerial photo shows the BW parking lot and Hess station:

That was the photo I tried to post on here. So how were you able to post the correct link and I wasn't?
Old 03-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #534
WDWKOOK

Quote:
That was the photo I tried to post on here. So how were you able to post the correct link and I wasn't?

Here are all the BW-related photo links that I will be posting to the first page:

Old 03-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #535
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Thanks for finding them and adding those links to the 1st page.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #536
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Thanks for finding them and adding those links to the 1st page.
You're welcome. They're at the end of the first post.

All of his WDW photos are great. The Fantasyland construction photos are great to see and his Wishes photos are amazing.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #537
chinarider
DIS Veteran

Boardwalk activities and Epcot question

The boardwalk looks to be a nice area to stroll etc. Are there shops and such there? How much time do you think we should allow? What is the best way to get to the World Showcase and how much time should be allotted for that? Thank you
Old 03-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #538
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinarider View Post
The boardwalk looks to be a nice area to stroll etc. Are there shops and such there? How much time do you think we should allow? What is the best way to get to the World Showcase and how much time should be allotted for that? Thank you
On the Boardwalk itself their stores are Disney's Character Carnival/Thimbles & Threads/Screen Door General store which all both connected to each other. Besides that there is the Yard Aracde which is connected to the ESPN Club that sells various MLB/NHL/NFL merchandise and WDW sports merchanise and finally there is Wyland Galleries. Now inside the Boardwalk lobby there is Dundy's Sundries and that's where you can find Boardwalk merchandise for sale.

As for how long you should spend there I say it depends on what time you arrive. The reason is at 6:30 PM is when their various acts start performing at random locations along the Boardwalk.

Finally when coming from World Showcase if you exit at the International Gateway which is located between the United Kingdom & France Pavilion, you can then either take the Friendship Boat or use the walkway to the Boardwalk.

Last edited by CR Resort Fan 4 Life; 03-04-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #539
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinarider View Post
Just to add to what CR Resort Fan mentioned....we had a really difficult time when we were shopping there. We went to the Screen Door and asked about Boardwalk specific merchandise and they sent us up to the lobby. We went up to the lobby but, since the store is off to the side, we didn't see it. We asked at the front desk, and they sent us back down to the Screen Door. After running around back and forth we FINALLY found Dundy's Sundries. It's off the lobby towards the villas side. They had VERY few items that said Boardwalk on them, and all but one said Villas. I was so bummed
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 03-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #540
Courtman
Earning My Ears

Hi WDWKOOK,

Thanks for the links to the BW pictures I've got - you've got a pretty nice selection here already. Can't respond to your PM directly, I'm still a newbie here it seems! There ought to be a way to actually show the picture as a link to Flickr as well, I'll investigate that for you and let you know when I can use the PM function.

Boardwalk is a great resort. I don't have any aerial shots of WL I'm afraid.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: