Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #511
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
We will possibly if everything goes well be staying at BWI this summer, any advice for this newbie???

We have a standard view deluxe room booked. There are 5 of us, 2 adults, 3 kids.

We are not new to Disney just this resort!! Any tips would be great!
Since you reserved a Deluxe Room I can tell you that it's not going to be a Standard View, all of those room categories come with a guaranteed Boardwalk view. Plus your room will either be located on the 3rd floor or the 4th floor, which is also where the Innkeeper's Club Level lounge is. Also the rooms on the 3rd floor will have bigger balconies compared to the ones on the 4th floor, so I am not sure how much of a difference that is to you. So you can request either floor by calling the Disney Reservation Center if there is one you prefer over the other.

Also since you happen to be staying Club Level I have to say in my opinion the Boardwalk Inn Club Level Cast Members are the best set of people you will ever meet. For years my family stayed Club Level at the Contemporary which we always enjoyed. However in August 2010 we added a few extra days and thought let's try Club Level at the Boardwalk Inn. Ever since we have become hooked and it's now our favorite WDW Resort and we won't stay anywhere else.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #512
LeahA
DIS Veteran
 
LeahA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 2,359

I need to call them back, I thought I booked a deluxe room but confirmation doesn't say that. It just says standard view room. Do all room have the little living room area with the sleeper sofa?
LeahA is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #513
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
I need to call them back, I thought I booked a deluxe room but confirmation doesn't say that. It just says standard view room. Do all room have the little living room area with the sleeper sofa?
Only the Deluxe Room has the separate area with the sleeper sofa, coffee table, chair and second TV. There are 10 Deluxe rooms and as CRRF4L mentioned, half are on the 3rd floor with a larger balcony and half are on the 4th floor, where CL is located and they have a smaller balcony than the 3rd floor Deluxe Rooms.

The sofa in a Standard Room can accommodate a child. CL views are by-request only and can be of the Garden/Courtyard/Epcot area or of the BoardWalk. Did you book CL?
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #514
LeahA
DIS Veteran
 
LeahA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 2,359

I don't think I booked concierge. I kept asking the cm if the room was the room with the sofa bed and she kept saying yes, but after reading my confirmation and looking at rates, I know I'm just in a standard room.
LeahA is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #515
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
On our last day of Disney we have a 6:20 pm flight. We might go to a waterpark or a regular park that morning. We most likely will check out of the room and have Bell services hold our bags. Whether we go to a waterpark or not, we will want to change and possible shower before we leave for the airport.

Are there locker rooms that we can use with showers?

And are there any 'pay' lockers so we could put a change of clothes in?

I'd rather not get our bags from bell services and then give them back for another hour. If they don't have a locker I can store our change of clothes in, then I will probably give bell services a separate bag under a separate 'tag' so we will just get that from them when we want to change.

Thanks!
Just bumping up my question Anyone know? Thanks!
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #516
Pat329
Mouseketeer
 
Pat329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA.
Posts: 248

1st time at BWI!

I've been looking at the BWI photo thread for hours and just marveling over the pictures. Now I REALLY can't wait until October! I have a few questions for those who have been there before. I've reserved a water view and requested a king room w/balcony. The king part isn't that major but what I really want is a balcony overlooking the boardwalk/lake so that we can relax in the evenings after a long day at the park. From what I'm reading, a lot of the water view rooms are club rooms. Is there a particular section that is available to a non-club member or are they distributed all throughout the boardwalk resort? Also, if I should be asked which room I want (and I highly doubt that this will happen except for in my dreams) give me an idea of what would be your perfect room. For instance, in the main building, over Boardwalk Bakery or Sweet Sensations, down at the other end over JellyRolls, etc. Also, which end is the walkway to Epcot? That's in advance!!
__________________
Donald, always my favorite!

Pat329 is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #517
cmesq61
DIS Veteran
 
cmesq61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 792

Greetings BW vets! Just booked our first stay for 5 nights, water view, in September. I have a lot of studying up to do!
__________________

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
cmesq61 is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #518
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran
 
SRUAlmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SC
Posts: 9,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Only the Deluxe Room has the separate area with the sleeper sofa, coffee table, chair and second TV. There are 10 Deluxe rooms and as CRRF4L mentioned, half are on the 3rd floor with a larger balcony and half are on the 4th floor, where CL is located and they have a smaller balcony than the 3rd floor Deluxe Rooms.
We stayed in a deluxe CL room in 2009, and this was our biggest debate. 3rd floor with a bigger balcony, but having to go upstairs to the lounge, or 4th floor with the lounge, but a smaller balcony. In the end, we chose 4th floor because we wanted to be in close proximity to the lounge. We had NO idea how much fun it would be to sit out on the balcony and people watch! Unfortunately, with our small balcony and 4 very tall adults, we had to take turns. Really only 1-2 people could be out there at a time. They are REALLY small!
__________________
Me DH Our "Baby"
**Christmas 1994 - POFQ
**Christmas 1997 - Polynesian
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #519
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat329 View Post
I've been looking at the BWI photo thread for hours and just marveling over the pictures. Now I REALLY can't wait until October! I have a few questions for those who have been there before. I've reserved a water view and requested a king room w/balcony. The king part isn't that major but what I really want is a balcony overlooking the boardwalk/lake so that we can relax in the evenings after a long day at the park. From what I'm reading, a lot of the water view rooms are club rooms. Is there a particular section that is available to a non-club member or are they distributed all throughout the boardwalk resort? Also, if I should be asked which room I want (and I highly doubt that this will happen except for in my dreams) give me an idea of what would be your perfect room. For instance, in the main building, over Boardwalk Bakery or Sweet Sensations, down at the other end over JellyRolls, etc. Also, which end is the walkway to Epcot? That's in advance!!
The rooms that are located above the Boardwalk Bakery are some of their Deluxe Club Level Rooms and pretty much a lot of the other rooms starting from the Flying Fish Cafe are their other Club Level rooms. Although that's only true for their Standard Club Level Rooms with a Boardwalk view, because all of those are located on the 4th floor. The only rooms effected on the 3rd floor would be the Deluxe Club Level Rooms located over there.

Last edited by CR Resort Fan 4 Life; 03-03-2012 at 11:24 PM.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #520
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
Greetings BW vets! Just booked our first stay for 5 nights, water view, in September. I have a lot of studying up to do!
You have come to the right place and any questions you have go ahead and ask, because we are all hear to help.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #521
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
I don't think I booked concierge. I kept asking the cm if the room was the room with the sofa bed and she kept saying yes, but after reading my confirmation and looking at rates, I know I'm just in a standard room.
Most (or all?) of the BWI rooms do have a daybed that is large enough to accommodate what they call a "junior." Only the Deluxe rooms, cottages and suites have the queen pull-out sofa that could accommodate two adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Just bumping up my question Anyone know? Thanks!
When I first saw your question you wrote "On our last day of Disney...We have a 6:20 flight..." so I thought you had already left and it was too late to tell you that I didn't have an answer to your question. Can you ask a CM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat329 View Post
I've been looking at the BWI photo thread for hours and just marveling over the pictures. Now I REALLY can't wait until October! I have a few questions for those who have been there before. I've reserved a water view and requested a king room w/balcony. The king part isn't that major but what I really want is a balcony overlooking the boardwalk/lake so that we can relax in the evenings after a long day at the park. From what I'm reading, a lot of the water view rooms are club rooms. Is there a particular section that is available to a non-club member or are they distributed all throughout the boardwalk resort? Also, if I should be asked which room I want (and I highly doubt that this will happen except for in my dreams) give me an idea of what would be your perfect room. For instance, in the main building, over Boardwalk Bakery or Sweet Sensations, down at the other end over JellyRolls, etc. Also, which end is the walkway to Epcot? That's in advance!!
Congratulations on booking and welcome to the thread. Happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
Greetings BW vets! Just booked our first stay for 5 nights, water view, in September. I have a lot of studying up to do!
Welcome to the thread and September will be here before you know it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
We stayed in a deluxe CL room in 2009, and this was our biggest debate. 3rd floor with a bigger balcony, but having to go upstairs to the lounge, or 4th floor with the lounge, but a smaller balcony. In the end, we chose 4th floor because we wanted to be in close proximity to the lounge. We had NO idea how much fun it would be to sit out on the balcony and people watch! Unfortunately, with our small balcony and 4 very tall adults, we had to take turns. Really only 1-2 people could be out there at a time. They are REALLY small!
I'm going to post your comments to the first page
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #522
LeahA
DIS Veteran
 
LeahA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 2,359

Balcony question

Do all the standard rooms have balconies or patios?
LeahA is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #523
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran
 
SRUAlmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SC
Posts: 9,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I'm going to post your comments to the first page
Cool!! I feel famous
__________________
Me DH Our "Baby"
**Christmas 1994 - POFQ
**Christmas 1997 - Polynesian
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #524
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
When I first saw your question you wrote "On our last day of Disney...We have a 6:20 flight..." so I thought you had already left and it was too late to tell you that I didn't have an answer to your question. Can you ask a CM?
We'll be at BWV in July. Our flight leaves 6:20 pm and we'll want to freshen up and change before getting into our airplane clothes. At Villas at WL, we used the fitness center showers and locker rooms. I was thinking BW would have the same thing at their fitness center. I can always call the resort, we have plenty of time
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #525
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
Do all the standard rooms have balconies or patios?
Most rooms do have a balcony, but not all. Make sure to put in your room request that you would like a balcony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Cool!! I feel famous
You are famous. May I have your autograph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
We'll be at BWV in July. Our flight leaves 6:20 pm and we'll want to freshen up and change before getting into our airplane clothes. At Villas at WL, we used the fitness center showers and locker rooms. I was thinking BW would have the same thing at their fitness center. I can always call the resort, we have plenty of time
Now I understand! Though I haven't been in it yet, I believe that Muscles and Bustles does have a shower/locker area. I'll be using the gym there in about 25 days and I'll let you know the shower status, if you can wait until then.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: