Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #481
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
For all the experts here:

My DH will be running in the ToT race this September. My son (4 y/o) & I will have to leave for DHS at a different time from him. I'm thinking we won't leave our room until 945 or 10pm. I'm hoping to just take the boat if it's still up & running when we leave. However, if I have to fold up my stroller for the boat & my child is sleeping, I'd rather just walk. So, my question is....

Would you consider the pathway to DHS from BWI safe at night?

Thank you!
I have used the walkway from Hollywood Studios to the Boardwalk a few times during the evening and I always thought it was safe.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 02-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #482
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,134

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I have used the walkway from Hollywood Studios to the Boardwalk a few times during the evening and I always thought it was safe.
Thank you! I figured it was but still wanted to ask.
amandaw is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #483
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Thank you! I figured it was but still wanted to ask.
You're welcome and I was happy to help.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #484
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran
 
lsenquiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canton, Ga
Posts: 2,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
For all the experts here:

My DH will be running in the ToT race this September. My son (4 y/o) & I will have to leave for DHS at a different time from him. I'm thinking we won't leave our room until 945 or 10pm. I'm hoping to just take the boat if it's still up & running when we leave. However, if I have to fold up my stroller for the boat & my child is sleeping, I'd rather just walk. So, my question is....

Would you consider the pathway to DHS from BWI safe at night?

Thank you!
You will not have to fold up your stoller to get on the boat. It is a safe but decent walk(about 15 to 20 minutes) to DHS.
lsenquiz is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #485
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,134

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
You will not have to fold up your stoller to get on the boat. It is a safe but decent walk(about 15 to 20 minutes) to DHS.
Oh, thank you so very much for letting me know this! Now, I hope they have the boats running for the families/friends of racers who are headed to DHS for the race finish.
amandaw is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #486
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,370

Could someone verify that we'll be able to activate our AP vouchers at the IG Guest Relations window and will I be able to purchase TIW there?

Thank you!
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #487
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Could someone verify that we'll be able to activate our AP vouchers at the IG Guest Relations window and will I be able to purchase TIW there?

Thank you!
Yes you will be able to do get both things done over there.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #488
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Yes you will be able to do get both things done over there.
Perfect - thank you!
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #489
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Perfect - thank you!
You're welcome.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #490
HNT2419
Mouseketeer
 
HNT2419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 123

I was hoping you could put the stroller on the boat w/o folding it! Yay! That will make it soo much easier!!
__________________


(DH-James) (me-Stephanie) (Haley-DD11)(Hayden-DD4)(Olivia-DD1)



My first PTR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....44867&posted=1
HNT2419 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #491
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,743

On our last day of Disney we have a 6:20 pm flight. We might go to a waterpark or a regular park that morning. We most likely will check out of the room and have Bell services hold our bags. Whether we go to a waterpark or not, we will want to change and possible shower before we leave for the airport.

Are there locker rooms that we can use with showers?

And are there any 'pay' lockers so we could put a change of clothes in?

I'd rather not get our bags from bell services and then give them back for another hour. If they don't have a locker I can store our change of clothes in, then I will probably give bell services a separate bag under a separate 'tag' so we will just get that from them when we want to change.

Thanks!
__________________
DH ME DS (11) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #492
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2
 
MAGIC...itis!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?
Posts: 679

WDWKOOK and CRFFL: Thank You guys for all the help in my planning. You're the best-est! I am excited for my stay at BWI CL this weekend. And I must say I am excited for my one night at ASspo tonight, too.
__________________
MAGIC...itis!
........
MAGIC...itis! is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #493
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
WDWKOOK and CRFFL: Thank You guys for all the help in my planning. You're the best-est! I am excited for my stay at BWI CL this weekend. And I must say I am excited for my one night at ASspo tonight, too.
I'll be at BWI/CL in 29 days, so I can't wait to hear your impressions. Will you be able to post this weekend with a mini BWI/CL review?
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #494
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
WDWKOOK and CRFFL: Thank You guys for all the help in my planning. You're the best-est! I am excited for my stay at BWI CL this weekend. And I must say I am excited for my one night at ASspo tonight, too.
Have a safe trip Linda and will see you on Sunday!!!
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #495
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer
 
DonaldDuckFamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'll be at BWI/CL in 29 days, so I can't wait to hear your impressions. Will you be able to post this weekend with a mini BWI/CL review?
How cool WDWKOOK, we'll be there at the same time We arrive in 28 days, but are not staying CL.
__________________
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: