Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #466
pmdeve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
I booked a trip at Boardwalk Inn Standard view room May 26th to June 7th. After much research and the help of this thread, i would like to request a room facing epcot to see illuminations preferably on a high floor. My fiance recently beat cancer and to celebrate we decided to go to disney world i want to make this trip as memorable as i can for him. i know nothing is garunteed but im going to try to get the room lol.

I wanted to ask:
Should i call the hotel to make the room request or call disney reservations? Also, should i also fax the requests to Boardwalk inn the day before i get there?
Does online check in affect my chances in getting the room requested?

Thanks everyone
I would love to hear thoughts on this too. I booked Standard view and we are going to be there for 11 days. I'd rather not be overlooking the parking lot the whole time . I did put a request in to be near the lobby and wonder if I should change it. I like the idea of contacting the hotel the day before if not a few days prior with requests.

TIA everyone!![/QUOTE]

Congratulations to your fiance on beating cancer! I can't think of a better place to celebrate. I am sure you will have a great time at DW. Enjoy the Boardwalk and continued good health.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:52 AM   #467
csarenz
Dad to 3 Disney Princesses

Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this has already been discussed on the thread, but I thought this would be a better place to ask than starting a new thread.

We are staying at the BWV in November for the first time and I have a question since I have only just walked past on the boardwalk.

I know there are the two banks of elevators (one on the Inn side and one on the the villas side) and those go to all the floors. But my questions is, do those elevators also go down to the boardwalk level or is there another set of elevators that go from the lobby level down to the boardwalk level.

We will have 2 strollers with us, so I just wanted to make sure I knew what the deal was before we got there.

Thank you all in advance, and thank you all for contributing to this wonderful thread.

Chris
2007 - POFQ
2008 - CBR
2010, 2011 - BCV
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #468
gojoe
DIS Veteran

Yes there is an elevator that only goes to the Boardwalk only. It's to the right if you are entering from the parking area and it's the left entrance (Flying Fish side) if you are entering from the Boardwalk.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #469
jamerican
Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Any requests you have should be made with a Cast Member who works at the Disney Reservations Center, because they will add them onto your reservation.

Now I haven't done online check-in but others say if your requests are important it's better not to use it.
I can't speak from a lot of experience like many on this thread have...I am loving this thread though, we are anxiously awaiting our return trip in 2013 and have chosen BWV...We did, however stay at OKW on our last/first trip and I am a hyper planner - can't help myself - so I called OKW myself one night and the gal at the desk took my requests for buildings. I had called EARLY and told I should call back closer to my reservation, like 10 days prior -that is a little TOO close for me, being the hyper planner that I am, but I did. I did online check-in, and put my request in online and then immediately called the OKW desk and put my requests in with the CM also. Then I gave my requests when I checked in at the desk too and she stated she had them already on my reservation

So all that to say, I would call the resort itself and see if you can put in your first options for a room, I plan to closer to my reservation

Also, with my OKW experience I gave my first 4 choices of buildings...I got my third choice - and in the end, it was the best and I would request it again when I return there...but that is for another thread

Thanks to everyone that shares your room numbers and location...it is helping make my list

March 2011 OKW - First Magical Trip! Turned 40 with my blessings! October 2013 - BWV here we come!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #470
Pat329
Mouseketeer

1st time at BWI!

OMG, what a terrific thread! Thanks to all of those that put so many hours into this so that people like me can feel more comfortable going someplace new. I've read so many good ideas that I've actually started a spreadsheet so I don't forget anything! I made my Oct ressies last week for a water view w/king bed. I booked through AAA because they automatically adjust my charges with any discounts (free DDP) that happen between now and Oct. I found out that you have to call Disney to apply any discounts if you book through them. I'm afraid I might miss an annoucement so AAA will monitor this for me. Anyhow, with all this new information, I do have a few questions. My DH and I are both in our 60's and don't walk as well as we use to. I'm a little concerned about how large the resort is and how it's so spread out. By the end of a park day, I just want to relax on the balcony and watch others have fun on the Boardwalk. This is why I requested a water view. I haven't heard anything about whether the rooms with the lake view are convenient to elevators or the lobby. Do you think I made a mistake in asking for a lake view room if I have trouble walking? I know that lake view is just a request and isn't always what you get. I figured I'd ask about it again when we check in but I wanted to be sure to ask for the right room. Thanks for all your help!

Last edited by Pat329; 02-26-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: and can anyone tell me why my ticker isn't working???
Old 02-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #471
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat329 View Post
OMG, what a terrific thread! Thanks to all of those that put so many hours into this so that people like me can feel more comfortable going someplace new. I've read so many good ideas that I've actually started a spreadsheet so I don't forget anything! I made my Oct ressies last week for a water view w/king bed. I booked through AAA because they automatically adjust my charges with any discounts (free DDP) that happen between now and Oct. I found out that you have to call Disney to apply any discounts if you book through them. I'm afraid I might miss an annoucement so AAA will monitor this for me. Anyhow, with all this new information, I do have a few questions. My DH and I are both in our 60's and don't walk as well as we use to. I'm a little concerned about how large the resort is and how it's so spread out. By the end of a park day, I just want to relax on the balcony and watch others have fun on the Boardwalk. This is why I requested a water view. I haven't heard anything about whether the rooms with the lake view are convenient to elevators or the lobby. Do you think I made a mistake in asking for a lake view room if I have trouble walking? I know that lake view is just a request and isn't always what you get. I figured I'd ask about it again when we check in but I wanted to be sure to ask for the right room. Thanks for all your help!
Welcome to the thread! About your ticker (and not your heart) it looks like you didn't quite copy the address correctly. From the look of things, I think your address should instead look like this:

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...bs8x73duap.png

When you paste it in make sure that you add [IMG] at the front and [/IMG] at the end so that it looks exactly like this:

Hopefully, someone else can help you with your room/elevator/mobility question. Congratulations on booking!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #472
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by csarenz View Post
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this has already been discussed on the thread, but I thought this would be a better place to ask than starting a new thread.

We are staying at the BWV in November for the first time and I have a question since I have only just walked past on the boardwalk.

I know there are the two banks of elevators (one on the Inn side and one on the the villas side) and those go to all the floors. But my questions is, do those elevators also go down to the boardwalk level or is there another set of elevators that go from the lobby level down to the boardwalk level.

We will have 2 strollers with us, so I just wanted to make sure I knew what the deal was before we got there.

Thank you all in advance, and thank you all for contributing to this wonderful thread.

Chris
If you walk to the area towards the BWI elevators just before the Belle Vue Lounge and right next to the telephones is a single elevator that goes from their down to the 1st floor and out those doors is the Boardwalk.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #473
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually the Water View room is not a request, it's a room category you reserve so that means you will get a Boardwalk view.

As for their location I would try to request close to the elevator because I think that sounds most important for you.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #474
Pat329
Mouseketeer

Yea! My ticker is working correctly!! My heart is okay too by the way. Thanks for the help.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #475
Pat329
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Actually the Water View room is not a request, it's a room category you reserve so that means you will get a Boardwalk view.

As for their location I would try to request close to the elevator because I think that sounds most important for you.
I was told that a water view room could also be a view of a pool and I wanted a view of the lake. I just wasn't sure if those rooms overlooking the boardwalk had elevators close to them or if you needed to walk through some garden view hallways first. Just trying to get a feel for the amount of walking. It may be better to get a room near an elevator and sit on a boardwalk bench .

Old 02-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #476
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was told that a water view room could also be a view of a pool and I wanted a view of the lake. I just wasn't sure if those rooms overlooking the boardwalk had elevators close to them or if you needed to walk through some garden view hallways first. Just trying to get a feel for the amount of walking. It may be better to get a room near an elevator and sit on a boardwalk bench .
On the Boardwalk Inn side the only pool you could have a view of is their quiet one, however that's located on the Garden side and any rooms over there would be considered a Standard view. Besides that on the Boardwalk Villas side depending on their room categories someone could get a view of the Luna Park Clown pool, however since your not staying at Boardwalk Villas then that's one view you are guaranteed not to get. So by process of elimination a Water View room on the Boardwalk Inn side is a Boardwalk view. Finally on the WDW website here is a description of their Water View room.

Quote:
All rooms have 2 queen-size beds or one king-size bed, table and chairs, ceiling fan, vanity area with 2 sinks and bath. Some rooms offer junior-size day bed and private balcony. All rooms are non-smoking. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, high-speed Internet access (additional fee), hairdryer, iron, ironing board, refrigerator and Pack 'n Play® playard. A full-size crib is available upon request. Water View Rooms are located in the Main Building and offer a view of the BoardWalk and Crescent Lake.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #477
Pat329
Mouseketeer

Thanks, just one more worry off my list!

Old 02-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #478
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, just one more worry off my list!
You're welcome and I was happy to help.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #479
amandaw
DIS Veteran

For all the experts here:

My DH will be running in the ToT race this September. My son (4 y/o) & I will have to leave for DHS at a different time from him. I'm thinking we won't leave our room until 945 or 10pm. I'm hoping to just take the boat if it's still up & running when we leave. However, if I have to fold up my stroller for the boat & my child is sleeping, I'd rather just walk. So, my question is....

Would you consider the pathway to DHS from BWI safe at night?

Thank you!
Old 02-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #480
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Yea! My ticker is working correctly!! My heart is okay too by the way. Thanks for the help.
You're welcome and I'm glad that both your tickers are working just fine
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: