Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #451
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
sneaking in to say hi...being very quiet, because as a chronic resort changer...and having 3 months to go I actually NEED to keep this reservation. It will be my DD 6th bday and DH birthday. It is a surprise for DH...shhhhhh. we have 2 STD CL rooms booked. coming from Pop, this is our 1st BWI stay...shhhhhhhhhhh (hi KOOK and BWIFan...and pixarmom, christine, sheila, magic, amanda, marie....etc....)
So this is the first thread I came to since early in the am and I read your post and look at your ticker You changed!!!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 02-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #452
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
So this is the first thread I came to since early in the am and I read your post and look at your ticker You changed!!!

I can't help myself...I stayed on Crescent Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Welcome aboard and wow talk about a great surprise.
I guess I don't hold a BWI reservation very long
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
No, no, no - she jumped ship and swam over to YC. She's on the shore of Crescent Lake now lapping up the SAB water. YC is the new(est) surprise
Don't be sad...I am still here...and I still want to stay here...even if I don't stay at the resort, I will stay on the thread/ I like the peeps here
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2012, 06:34 AM   #453
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

At least she quickly updates her ticker for us - that helps. Have you done online check-in yet or are you skipping it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Don't be sad...I am still here...and I still want to stay here...even if I don't stay at the resort, I will stay on the thread/ I like the peeps here
I think all your frequent and rapid changes indicate that you just might possibly love it EVERYWHERE. So I don't take any offense to your changes - it's always exciting to read about why you've chosen your RotD (Resort of the Day)
Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #454
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
At least she quickly updates her ticker for us - that helps.

I think all your frequent and rapid changes indicate that you just might possibly love it EVERYWHERE. So I don't take any offense to your changes - it's always exciting to read about why you've chosen your RotD (Resort of the Day)
Thank you! Sometimes I frustrate myself though

HRH has her RotD picked...it's a triple split....Pop/Poly/YC (poly snuck back in) She and I discussed that we would like to sneak SAB over to BWI
Old 02-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #455
Kristineamb
Disney Diva & Pop Tart

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinfish View Post
Well we just checked out of BWV room 4126. Even though we were booked for standard view our room overlooked community hall and quiet pool. Why did I not know how awesome the quiet pool was? Out of many stays this was our first time using it and never went to the Luna pool once! Quiet and the hot tub wasn't filled with kids. I'll post pics later this week when dh uploads them. Feel free to ask any questions!
What type of room was this? studio? one br, two br???
Thanks

Old 02-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #456
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
At least she quickly updates her ticker for us - that helps. Have you done online check-in yet or are you skipping it?
I decided to hold off on the online check-in, my room requests are important to me, I hope I am not making a mistake since we arrive on a Sunday which I have to assume is a busy check-in/out day.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 02-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #457
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
I decided to hold off on the online check-in, my room requests are important to me, I hope I am not making a mistake since we arrive on a Sunday which I have to assume is a busy check-in/out day.
I always skip online check-in. I don't think you'll regret it one bit. Where is your first ADR? Are you going to try Kouzzinas? I have a breakfast ADR there and the menu sounds great!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #458
sjs314

Quote:
I always skip online check-in. I don't think you'll regret it one bit. Where is your first ADR? Are you going to try Kouzzinas? I have a breakfast ADR there and the menu sounds great!
We have high hopes not to have any flight delays and be able to check out BRG
for lunch since no ADR's are necessary there. I do have a surprise ADR for 4:15 @ Marrakesh for DH, he has been wanting to eat there(because of the belly dancer) for years, personally he is a picky eater and I think it will be a waste of a dining credit, then later that evening I have a Cape May which I am a bit nervous about incase our flights cancelled due to weather and I will have to pay the $20 but I decided to take the chance.

We wanted to try Kouzzina on our last morning, only place we could fit it in but when JB changed our flight making it earlier by 55mins we decided to cancel it not worth rushing about our last morning. So we will do Belle Vue Lounge or Room Service

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 02-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #459
JDDS1119
Earning My Ears

Hello Everyone!! I love this thread...its very imformative

I booked a trip at Boardwalk Inn Standard view room May 26th to June 7th. After much research and the help of this thread, i would like to request a room facing epcot to see illuminations preferably on a high floor. My fiance recently beat cancer and to celebrate we decided to go to disney world i want to make this trip as memorable as i can for him. i know nothing is garunteed but im going to try to get the room lol.

I wanted to ask:
Should i call the hotel to make the room request or call disney reservations? Also, should i also fax the requests to Boardwalk inn the day before i get there?
Does online check in affect my chances in getting the room requested?

Thanks everyone

Me DF
Old 02-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #460
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We wanted to try Kouzzina on our last morning, only place we could fit it in but when JB changed our flight making it earlier by 55mins we decided to cancel it not worth rushing about our last morning. So we will do Belle Vue Lounge or Room Service
Don't forget you can also try Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #461
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Don't forget you can also try Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast.
DH has said it would be nice to just grab something from there and spend the morning on the boardwalk until we have to board ME so I guess it will depend on how the spirit moves us on the last morning.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 02-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #462
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

***My Quote didn't work. I took this from JDDS1119******

I booked a trip at Boardwalk Inn Standard view room May 26th to June 7th. After much research and the help of this thread, i would like to request a room facing epcot to see illuminations preferably on a high floor. My fiance recently beat cancer and to celebrate we decided to go to disney world i want to make this trip as memorable as i can for him. i know nothing is garunteed but im going to try to get the room lol.

I wanted to ask:
Should i call the hotel to make the room request or call disney reservations? Also, should i also fax the requests to Boardwalk inn the day before i get there?

Thanks everyone [/QUOTE]

****The above was a Quote from JDDS1119*****

I would love to hear thoughts on this too. I booked Standard view and we are going to be there for 11 days. I'd rather not be overlooking the parking lot the whole time . I did put a request in to be near the lobby and wonder if I should change it. I like the idea of contacting the hotel the day before if not a few days prior with requests.

TIA everyone!!
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club August 2014; BWI March 26th - April 4th 2015
DH Me DS 16 DD 11 : DS 9

Last edited by DonaldDuckFamily; 02-26-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Quote did not work and acknowledge who had the original question.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #463
Chispacita
Earning My Ears

Upgrade?

I just booked for 3 nights for five of us in a standard room. What is the likelyhood of an upgrade to a Junior Suite on arrival?
Old 02-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #464
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDDS1119 View Post
Hello Everyone!! I love this thread...its very imformative

I wanted to ask:

Thanks everyone
Any requests you have should be made with a Cast Member who works at the Disney Reservations Center, because they will add them onto your reservation.

Now I haven't done online check-in but others say if your requests are important it's better not to use it.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #465
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chispacita View Post
I just booked for 3 nights for five of us in a standard room. What is the likelyhood of an upgrade to a Junior Suite on arrival?
There are no Junior Suites available at the Boardwalk Inn. Instead they have a Garden Suite which might be what you are thinking of. However I would say the odds of being upgraded to one is very slim since they don't have a lot of them. So if this something you like it's best to switch your reservations and reserve it.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: